Faculty and staff members are invited to learn more about the TRiO Student Support Services program, which is currently recruiting registered Cincinnati State students to participate during the 2019-2020 academic year.
The TRiO SSS program provides support to help students successfully navigate college and complete graduation requirements. Services include:
- Academic coaching
- Personal and group tutoring
- TRiO Grant Aid (for those who qualify)
- Study Center with computers
- Academic resources
- Workshops that focus on strengthening computer skills, career knowledge, and financial literacy
- Resource referrals
Students must complete an application to enroll in TRiO. Applicants must be U.S. citizens and meet at least one of these criteria:
- Be a first-generation college student (neither parents nor guardian earned a bachelor’s degree)
- Meet federal income guidelines as outlined by the U.S. Department of Education
- Have a documented disability
Faculty and staff may schedule a brief classroom visit from TRiO staff to provide program information for students. To set up a visit, or if you have questions or need more information, contact TRiO Assistant Director Gretchen Cook (firstname.lastname@example.org or 569-4797).
More information is available on the TRiO SSS page of the Cincinnati State website: https://www.cincinnatistate.edu/trio.