Library offers Virtual Workshops to help students with research
Students seeking assistance with research assignments can get help from the Cincinnati State Library through Fall Semester Virtual Library Workshops (offered via Zoom) starting Oct. 5.
- The initial Workshops will be offered Tuesday, Oct. 5 and Wednesday, Oct. 6 at 11 a.m., 1 p.m., and 6 p.m.
- Workshops will repeat during Weeks 9, 12, and 15 of Fall Semester. (Oct. 26-27, Nov. 16-17, and Dec. 7-8)
Students can visit the Library’s Workshop Calendar to register for any of the Fall workshop sessions.
- Each 30-minute workshop starts with a brief demonstration of how to find credible sources using the Library's databases, including journal articles and news articles.
- The session concludes with open lab time so students can work on finding sources while a librarian is on hand to help.
- Library Workshops are open to all students.
Other help options for students include:
- Visit the Clifton Campus Library in Main 170 for In-Person help during open hours on Monday through Friday each week
- Schedule an Individual Virtual Research Appointment with a librarian at https://cincinnatistate.libcal.com/appointments?lid=5140&g=10691
- Get help via Instant Message/Chat
Got extra Halloween costumes? Parenting Resource Center seeks donations
The Cincinnati State Parenting Resource Center (PRC) is seeking seasonal donations to assist students and their families.
- Clean, gently used Halloween costumes and accessories for infants through teens will be accepted through Friday, Oct. 8.
- Clean, gently used coats for infants through teens will be accepted until Friday, Oct. 29.
You can bring donations to the PRC in Main 135B on Clifton Campus. Fall Semester hours are:
- Monday and Wednesday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday and Thursday, 8:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. – noon
The Parenting Resource Center provides services and support for CState students who are also parents or serve in a parental role.
PRC Manager Denise Gabrelski said over 200 students are subscribed to the PRC "Parents in College" Blackboard site, and students use the PRC room in the Main Building for studying, seeking information about resources, or just "hanging out" with others.
The PRC also maintains a kids' clothing closet with supplies for infants through teens.
The PRC, which was established in 2018, is supported by grants from The John A. Schroth Family Charitable Trust and the U.S. Department of Education.
Transfer Center calendar for October is available
The Cincinnati State Transfer Center has released the October 2021 calendar for visits with representatives of four-year colleges and universities. (Scroll down to see the link to the calendar.)
- Many representatives will be available for on-campus visits with students in the Transfer Center in ATLC 221.
- Some schools will continue to offer virtual visits, shown with hyperlinks on the calendar.
National Transfer Student Week will be celebrated from Oct. 18-21, with several special events scheduled.
Transfer Center in-person hours are:
- Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesdays from 2:30 to 5:30 p.m.
Dr. Myshamil Walker, the Transfer Center Coordinator, also is available by appointment for students who prefer a virtual visit.
To view the Transfer Center schedule for October, click the link below.
Clifton Campus construction continues
In case you're wondering what's happening on the other side of the barriers that keep us from driving in front of the Main Building, here are a few glimpses of recent work in progress.
Access to the full extent of College Drive is expected to remain blocked throughout Fall Semester... but at least you can see that changes are underway.
Thanks, Tony Waite, for the photos!
Sidewalk repair in front of Main (before)
Sidewalk repair in front of Main (after)
Pipes for the fire loop repair project awaiting installation
Fire loop repair underway
Colleague & MyServices maintenance on Oct. 3
On Sunday, Oct. 3, between 7 a.m. and noon, Colleague and MyServices will be offline for maintenance.
The Information Technology Services Department will try to keep the service disruption to a minimum.
Systems affected are:
- Admissions Application
Overlook hot lunch specials - Oct. 4-8
The hot lunch specials from Kate's Catering at the Overlook for Oct. 4-8 are:
- Hot Sandwich Monday, Oct. 4 - Grilled Chicken Sandwich + Green Beans & AuGratin Potatoes & Mac n' Cheese ($7)
- Mexican Tuesday, Oct. 5 - Hard Shell Taco + Sour Cream & Salsa & Guacamole ($7)
- Pasta Wednesday, Oct. 6 - Vegetarian Baked Ziti + Garlic Bread & Mac n' Cheese ($7)
- Thursday, Oct. 7 - Open Face Roast Beef + Mashed Potatoes ($7)
- Hamburger Friday, Oct. 8 - Mushroom Burger + French Fries & Mac n' Cheese ($7)
- CState volunteers helped Great Parks with seed harvesting
- It's Medical Ultrasound Awareness Month
- Welcome, BTD Associate Dean Audrey Woods
- Overlook hot lunch specials - Oct. 18-22
- College Drive closed today (and here's why)
- I-75 / I-74 Weekend Construction Update
- Joint Community Campaign wraps up on Oct. 15 with prize drawing
- Reminder: College Drive closed on Oct. 15
- Cybersecurity Awareness Month tips: How to Fight Phishing
- BMI and SGA host Cinti City Council candidate forum on Oct. 14
- Mon. 10/18 - Common Time: Division Meetings
- Tue. 10/19 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 10/19 - Women's Entrepreneurship Week Panel Discussion
- Thu. 10/21 - Surge Pantry Farmer's Market
- Thu. 10/21 - Women's Entrepreneurship Week Panel Discussion
- Tue. 10/26 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 10/26 - Board of Trustees Meeting
- Tue. 11/2 - Provost's Academic Update
- Thu. 11/4 - Surge Pantry Farmer's Market
- Tue. 11/9 - Provost's Academic Update