WDC students are featured in industry publication
Two students who completed the 3D Additive Manufacturing training program offered by Cincinnati State's Workforce Development Center were featured recently in Additive Manufacturing magazine.
The article is available online at https://www.additivemanufacturing.media/articles/ford-is-saving-millions-through-3d-printing-but-maybe-not-how-you-think.
The students, Jonné Messer and Jeff Fisher, work at Ford’s Sharonville Transmission Plant. Each has more than 20 years experience at the plant.
Both Messer and Fisher completed training in Additive Manufacturing technology at WDC in 2019.
The two Ford employees collaborated in using 3D printing to solve a problem related to replacing expensive, hard-to-find parts for one of the plant's assembly lines.
They figured out a 3D printing solution that saves the plant milions of dollars each year, and then went on to develop 3D printing alternatives for other challenges at the plant-- including producing face mask straps to alleviate pressure on employees' ears when masks were required for everyone.
Additive Manufacturing magazine covers news about applications of 3D printing technology in a wide range of industries.
Remote/Online Learning Support for July 26-30
The Office of Online Learning is offering several scheduled sessions this week, as well as individual assistance for faculty and staff users of Zoom and Blackboard.
Help is also available from the Center for Teaching and Learning for improving courses, regardless of format
For more information, visit the "Support/Training" section of the COVID-19 Faculty Resources site in Blackboard. Look for this site near the bottom of your list of Blackboard courses.
Blackboard Open Office Hours/Help with Blackboard Tools is facilitated by Dr. Jon McKamey (via Zoom)
- Open Office Hours can be used to get help with any element of Blackboard, but these are not in-depth training sessions.
- Days/times are below. Join a session via Zoom at https://cincinnatistate- edu.zoom.us/j/81060585299?pwd=QVRaMDJBcWNEcUxMeE4vQnZtTnU3QT09
Meeting ID: 810 6058 5299 | Passcode: 672017
- Tuesday, July 27 - 10-11 a.m.
- Wednesday, July 28 - 8-9 a.m.
- Thursday, July 29 - 2-3 p.m.
Online Course Delivery: Improving the Student Experience is facilitated by Dr. Jon McKamey (via Zoom)
Join Jon to review your choice of a specific aspect of your Web, Live Web, or Web Hybrid course that could be refined to create an improved student experience. There is no specific topic for the session, and the discussion will flow from participant questions and needs.
Days/times are below. Join a session via Zoom at https://cincinnatistate-edu.zoom.us/j/83285934234?pwd=S3RkME55eFZ2UEhDckJ0SFM4VHJHZz09
Meeting ID: 832 8593 4234 | Passcode 881480
- Wednesday, July 28 - 1-2 p.m.
- Thursday, July 29 - 10-11 a.m.
- Friday, July 30 - 9-10 a.m.
Faculty members are encouraged to sign up for the self-paced, 6-module online course Teaching Online for Cincinnati State, facilitated by Jon McKamey.
Faculty can enroll in the course at any time. See the weekly PDF training schedule for more information.
Zoom Support for Faculty and Staff Members is facilitated by Paul D. DeNu (via Zoom)
Paul is available by appointment to provide individual help with concerns related to Zoom, Collaborate, audio/video work, Screencast-O-Matic, closed captioning, accessibility, and other Blackboard assistance.
To schedule an appointment, send email to Paul at email@example.com
- Join Paul on Zoom at https://cincinnatistate-edu.zoom.us/j/81438614572?pwd=MWkySzBWZmRWN3hLZmpMaUZseHpRZz09
Meeting ID: 814 3861 4572 | Passcode: 5m201r
Julee Johns, Director of the Center for Teaching and Learning, is available by appointment.
Call (513) 569-1724 to leave a message for a return call.
Dr. Valencia Moses is available via Zoom during "Surge Your Success" office hours on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday - look for Outlook calendar invitations from the Center for Teaching & Learning with the Zoom link
- Monday, 4:30-5:30 - Classroom Management topics
- Wednesday, 11 a.m.-noon - Curriculum & Activity Development Support
- Friday, 8-9 a.m. - Educational & Career Coaching
Dr. Annie Shibata will be available via Zoom on Tuesdays and Thursdays - look for more information and Outlook Calendar invitations coming soon from the Center for Teaching & Learning
I-75 / I-74 Construction Update REVISED: Ramp from 75N to 74W reduced to 1 lane starting Aug. 2
Updated by Ohio Dept of Transportation on July 27:
The single-lane closure on I-74 West has been rescheduled to start Monday, Aug. 2. Details below have been deferred until next week.
As part of the I-75/I-74 Major Reconstruction project, restrictions will be in place on the Interstate 74 westbound ramp, with a 57-day single-lane closure starting this week.
- On Tuesday, July 27, starting about 8 p.m., the right lane of the ramp from northbound I-75 to westbound I-74 will be closed for full-depth pavement replacement.
- The closure is expected to remain in place until late September.
- All scheduled work is contingent upon weather, so the timeline for the project is subject to change.
To prepare for the long-term project, these restrictions will be in effect on July 26 and 27:
Monday, July 26:
- Single-lane closure on I-74 East between Colerain Avenue and the merge with I-75 South, from 8 p.m. July 26 to 6 a.m. Tuesday, July 27.
- The ramp from Beekman Street to I-74 East will be closed from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. Tuesday.
- Short-term, 15-minute full closures of I-74 East from midnight to 4 a.m. Tuesday.
Tuesday, July 27:
- Single-lane closure on I-74 West between I-75 North to the merge with the ramp from I-75 South, from 8 p.m. Tuesday to 6 a.m. Wednesday, July 28.
- The ramp from Hopple Street to I-75 North will be closed from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. Wednesday.
- Short-term, 15-minute full closures of I-74 West from midnight to 4 a.m. Wednesday.
To help ensure the safety of construction workers and the traveling public, motorists should remain alert, reduce their speed, and watch for stopped traffic while passing through the work zones.
For detailed traffic and construction information, visit OHGO.com.
- CState volunteers helped Great Parks with seed harvesting
- It's Medical Ultrasound Awareness Month
- Welcome, BTD Associate Dean Audrey Woods
- Overlook hot lunch specials - Oct. 18-22
- College Drive closed today (and here's why)
- I-75 / I-74 Weekend Construction Update
- Joint Community Campaign wraps up on Oct. 15 with prize drawing
- Reminder: College Drive closed on Oct. 15
- Cybersecurity Awareness Month tips: How to Fight Phishing
- BMI and SGA host Cinti City Council candidate forum on Oct. 14
- Mon. 10/18 - Common Time: Division Meetings
- Tue. 10/19 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 10/19 - Women's Entrepreneurship Week Panel Discussion
- Thu. 10/21 - Surge Pantry Farmer's Market
- Thu. 10/21 - Women's Entrepreneurship Week Panel Discussion
- Tue. 10/26 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 10/26 - Board of Trustees Meeting
- Tue. 11/2 - Provost's Academic Update
- Thu. 11/4 - Surge Pantry Farmer's Market
- Tue. 11/9 - Provost's Academic Update