Employee Listening Sessions seek comments on College climate
Starting Thursday, July 22, and continuing periodically through August and September, a series of Employee Listening Sessions will be hosted by President Monica Posey.
See below for dates for the Listening Sessions and how to sign up to attend a virtual or in-person session.
Dr. Posey said the goal of these voluntary sessions is to share experiences of the past year and a half, to take steps toward improving the College's ability for employees to work together, and to prepare for the PACE Survey that will take place in Fall.
Dr. Posey said the feedback from the Listening Sessions will be incorporated into Fall 2021 planning.
- The PACE (Personnel Assessment of the College Experience) Survey is implemented every three years at Cincinnati State.
- The survey, which is administered by the independent National Initiative for Leadership and Institutional Effectiveness (NILIE), focuses on 5 areas related to the institutional climate:
- Institutional Structure
- Student Focus
- Supervisory Relationships
- Overall Climate
- About 20% of all full-time and part-time College employees participated in the 2018 PACE survey. Dr. Posey said she hopes more employees will participate in the 2021 survey.
- Click to download the Executive Summary of the 2018 PACE Survey. Additional informational is available on the College intranet: Institutional Research Reports > Survey Results > PACE Results.
Each listening session will last an hour and a half, and sessions are offered virtually and in person.
- At each session Dr. Posey will share the 2018 PACE overview and listen to employee comments during the first 30 minutes.
- Then Jeffrey Stec, the executive director of Citizens for Civic Renewal, who is assisting with the College's strategic planning process, will facilitate additional discussion using questions listed below.
Listening Session Sign-Up:
Please sign up at least 2 days before the session you will attend (see dates below), using this online form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/M83SQCL
- After you register for a virtual session, you’ll receive the Zoom link.
- In-person sessions will be held in the President’s Dining Room, ATLC 236.
- Additional sessions will be scheduled if needed, including additional sessions for adjunct faculty after Fall classes start.
- If you have questions, please contact Angelica Kennedy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Listening Session Dates:
- July 22, 1:30 p.m., VIRTUAL for Administrators
- Aug. 2, 1 p.m., VIRTUAL for Staff
- Aug. 2, 3:30 p.m., VIRTUAL for Program Chairs
- Aug. 4, 8:30 a.m., IN-PERSON for Staff
- Aug. 11, 11:30 a.m., IN-PERSON for Administrators
- Aug. 17, 6:30 p.m., VIRTUAL for Adjunct Faculty
- Aug. 20, 8 a.m., VIRTUAL for Adjunct Faculty
- Sep. 10, 1 p.m., VIRTUAL for Full-time Faculty
- Sep. 17, 1 p.m., IN-PERSON for Program Chairs
- Sep. 24, 2 p.m., IN-PERSON for Full-time Faculty
Jeffrey Stec will lead discussion of these questions after a brief review of the 2018 PACE Survey report.
As you consider Cincinnati State’s Institutional Structure, Student Focus, Supervisory Relationships, Teamwork, and Overall Climate…
- What were the benefits of the changes made after the 2018 PACE report?
- What are the gifts and strengths of our culture, and how can we expand their impact going forward?
- How does our culture need to evolve so that we can continue to innovate and therefore better meet student needs in the future?
- What do leaders at all levels need to know about the culture you personally experience in your department?
- Three years from now, how would you know that our culture was “right”?
Welcome, new Benefits Coordinator Dina Henderson
Dina Henderson, a CState graduate, is returning to the College as the new Benefits Coordinator in the Human Resources department.
Dina was born and raised in the country of Panama. After attending law school at the University of Panama, she traveled to the United States to study English. She quickly realized she enjoyed and appreciated American culture and decided to continue her education in the US.
Dina started attending Cincinnati State in 2011, and earned an associate's degree in Pre-Business Administration. Next she earned her bachelor's degree in Business Administration from Northern Kentucky University, where she developed an interest in the human resources field.
Dina's professional experience in human resources includes onboarding new hires, processing benefits requests, and managing HR wellness programs.
After completing her training in Cincinnati State's Human Resources department, Dina is eager to work with HR Director Falonda Rodgers to bring a wellness program to College employees.
Dina said, "I'm excited to move into the next phase of my HR career by working at my alma mater, Cincinnati State."
Dina and her husband, Alan, have two children and live in the Blue Ash area. Dina is an active parishioner at St. Gertrude Church, and also values serving others in the community through volunteer work. In her spare time she enjoys working out, swimming, yoga, and outdoor activities.
Virtual Open House for Yoga Teacher Training program on July 23
Cincinnati State's Yoga Teacher Training Certficate program is hosting a virtual open house on Friday, July 23, from noon to 12:30 p.m., for those interested in learning more about the 200-hour certification, which is accepting new students for Fall 2021.
The 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training Certificate covers:
- Multiple Styles of Hatha Yoga
- Yoga Basics, Vinyasa, and Yin-Restorative
- Teaching Methodology
- Meditation & Pranayama
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Yoga Philosophy
- Yogic Lifestyle & Ethics
- And more
Remote/Online Learning Support for July 19-23
The Office of Online Learning is not offering scheduled sessions this week, but individual assistance is available for faculty and staff users of Zoom and Blackboard.
Help is also available from the Center for Teaching and Learning for improving courses, regardless of format
For more information, visit the "Support/Training" section of the COVID-19 Faculty Resources site in Blackboard. Look for this site near the bottom of your list of Blackboard courses.
Dr. Jon McKamey is out of the office this week but will be monitoring email for urgent needs
Faculty members are encouraged to sign up for the self-paced, 6-module online course Teaching Online for Cincinnati State, facilitated by Jon McKamey. Faculty can enroll in the course at any time. See the weekly PDF training schedule for more information.
Zoom Support for Faculty and Staff Members is facilitated by Paul D. DeNu (via Zoom)
Paul is available by appointment to provide individual help with concerns related to Zoom, Collaborate, audio/video work, Screencast-O-Matic, closed captioning, accessibility, and other Blackboard assistance.
To schedule an appointment, send email to Paul at email@example.com
- Join Paul on Zoom at https://cincinnatistate-edu.zoom.us/j/81438614572?pwd=MWkySzBWZmRWN3hLZmpMaUZseHpRZz09
Meeting ID: 814 3861 4572 | Passcode: 5m201r
Julee Johns, Director of the Center for Teaching and Learning, is available by appointment.
Call (513) 569-1724 to leave a message for a return call.
Dr. Valencia Moses is available via Zoom during "Surge Your Success" office hours on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday - look for Outlook calendar invitations from the Center for Teaching & Learning with the Zoom link
- Monday, 4:30-5:30 - Classroom Management topics
- Wednesday, 11 a.m.-noon - Curriculum & Activity Development Support
- Friday, 8-9 a.m. - Educational & Career Coaching
Dr. Annie Shibata will be available via Zoom on Tuesday and Thursday - look for more information and Outlook Calendar invitations coming soon from the Center for Teaching & Learning
- Reminder: Sep. 27 is Employee Photo Day
- Overlook hot lunch specials - Sep. 27-Oct. 1
- Board of Trustees meeting on Sep. 28 at Butler Tech
- State-of-the-College "Shout Out" winners announced; session recording & slides available
- I-75 / I-74 Weekend Construction Update
- Last chance to join Great Parks seed-sorting project
- CState Technology Master Plan is available
- Chris Calvert and Barbara Turner honored in 2021 "C-Suite Awards" from Cinti Business Courier
- Chef Meg Galvin's family farm featured in national publication
- COVID-19 Safety Update: If you feel sick, follow these steps
- Mon. 9/27 - Employee Photo Day
- Mon. 9/27 - Employee Photo Day
- Tue. 9/28 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 9/28 - Board of Trustees Meeting
- Wed. 9/29 - Employee Listening Session (In-person): Administrators
- Wed. 9/29 - Student Health Fair & Vaccination Incentive Program Kick-off
- Tue. 10/5 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 10/12 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 10/19 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 10/26 - Provost's Academic Update