Reminder: new College email security process starts Apr. 12
To increase the security of College email (and other Microsoft Office tools) the Information Technology Services Department will implement Multi-factor Authentication for Office 365, starting at 7 a.m. on Monday, Apr. 12, 2021.
The new security process will apply to all Cincinnati State employees and students.
- Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) is a simple way to protect user accounts by requiring users to provide more than just their username and password when logging in.
- With Multi-factor Authentication, you must acknowledge an app notification on your smartphone, a text message, or a phone call after correctly entering your password.
- Starting Apr. 12, Multi-factor Authentication will be required whenever you update your password on your College office computer and on other devices where you use College email.
To download a document that explains Multi-factor Authentication, click here.
- The document provided via the link above includes another link to a step-by-step instructional video.
- The video explains how to set up MFA using the Microsoft Authenticator App.
- You will not be able to set up MFA for your Cincinnati State account until Apr. 12, but you may want to download the Microsoft Authenticator App before Apr. 12.
Students can prepare for Apr. 13 Health Professions Career Fair on "Suit Up" Days this week
The Cincinnati State Career Center and the College's Transfer Center will host a virtual Career and Education Fair for students in the Health Professions on Tuesday, Apr. 13, from 12:30 to 3:30 p.m.
- Similar to an in-person job fair, students who attend the virtual Career Fair will be able to talk directly with employer representatives via 1-to-1 video chats or group video chats.
- Also, representatives of colleges and universities with programs of interest will offer virtual information sessions during the fair.
- Students must register in advance for the Health Professions Career/Education Fair at https://cincinnatistate-csm.symplicity.com/students.
To help students get ready to look their best during the Career/Education Fair and on the job, Cincinnati State is offering another JC Penney Suit-Up Event, which takes place online and in-stores from Apr. 8-11.
- This ongoing program from JC Penney helps students at over 300 colleges and universities to obtain professional attire at a discounted price.
- Starting on Tuesday, Apr. 6, students can obtain a coupon for a 30% discount on full-price or sale items.
- Cincinnati State students can get their coupon by texting CINNST to 67292
- The coupon can be used Apr. 8-11 either in-store or online at www.jcpenney.com/m/suit-up-view-all
- Click to download the Suit-Up Days flyer
For more information about the Health Professions Career/Education Fair and Suit-Up Days, visit the Career Center Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/CStateCareerCenter.
Pedestrian pathway remains closed
On Monday, Apr. 5, access is closed to the portion of Lot D that connects A and B Wings of the Main Building to the Health Professions Building and the "roundabout."
A large crane is set up in this portion of Lot D as part of the Main Building recovery work. No vehicle or foot traffic is allowed in the area until the work is completed.
Campus Police and the Facilities Department thank you for your cooperation in ensuring safety.
Remote/Online Learning Support for Apr. 5-9
The Office of Online Learning is offering several scheduled opportunities this week for faculty seeking:
- assistance using Blackboard
- help in improving your Web, Live Web, or Web Hybrid course
Assistance and/or troubleshooting for Zoom, Blackboard, and other tools also is available by appointment.
For more information, visit the "Support/Training" section of the COVID-19 Faculty Resources site in Blackboard. Look for this site near the bottom of your list of Blackboard courses.
Blackboard Open Office Hours/Help with Blackboard Tools are facilitated by Dr. Jon McKamey (via Zoom)
- Open Office Hours can be used to get help with any element of Blackboard, but these are not in-depth training sessions.
- Days/times are below. Join a session via Zoom at https://cincinnatistate- edu.zoom.us/j/81060585299?pwd=QVRaMDJBcWNEcUxMeE4vQnZtTnU3QT09
Meeting ID: 810 6058 5299 | Passcode: 672017
- Tuesday, Apr. 6 - 11 a.m.-noon
- Wednesday, Apr. 7 - 1-2 p.m.
- Thursday, Apr. 8 - 8-9 a.m.
- Thursday, Apr. 8 - 2-3 p.m.
- Friday, Apr. 9 - 9-10 a.m.
Online Course Delivery: Improving the Student Experience is facilitated by Dr. Jon McKamey (via Zoom)
- Join a session to review specific elements of your Web, LiveWeb, or Web Hybrid course that could be refined to improve the experience for your students. Discussion topics will flow from participant questions and needs.
- Days/times are below. Join a session via Zoom at https://cincinnatistate-edu.zoom.us/j/83285934234?pwd=S3RkME55eFZ2UEhDckJ0SFM4VHJHZz09
Meeting ID: 832 8593 4234 | Passcode: 881480
- Tuesday, Apr. 6 - 2-3 p.m.
- Wednesday, Apr. 7 - 9-10 a.m.
- Thursday, Apr. 8 - 10-11 a.m.
- Friday, Apr. 9 - 10-11 a.m.
Faculty members are encouraged to sign up for the self-paced, 6-module online course Teaching Online for Cincinnati State, facilitated by Jon. Faculty can enroll in the course at any time. See the weekly PDF training schedule for more information.
Paul DeNu from the Office of Online Learning is available by appointment to provide Zoom training and/or troubleshooting.
Paul is also available by appointment to help with individual concerns related to Collaborate, audio/video work, Screencast-O-Matic, closed captioning, accessibility, and other Blackboard assistance.
To schedule an appointment, send email to Paul at email@example.com
Julee Johns, Director of the Center for Teaching and Learning, is available by appointment.
Call (513) 569-1724 to leave a message for a return call.
- CState Horticulture students competed in national landscape event
- Common Time on Apr. 19 has two options
- Benefits Open Enrollment is Apr. 19 to Apr. 30
- Surge Madness brackets winners collected prizes
- ArtsWave Community Campaign for 2021 begins
- April Common Time sessions include welcome party for new employees
- Nominations sought for 2021 Distinguished Alumni Award
- Clean up your mess in Main on Surge Purge days
- Library provides research help for students (updated)
- WDC HazMat training is recognized by Ohio Public Utilities Commission
- Mon. 4/19 - Common Time: Academic Self-Study Update & Customer Service Training
- Tue. 4/20 - "Surge Purge" Main Bldg Clean-Up
- Tue. 4/20 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 4/20 - CCP Virtual Advising & Registration
- Wed. 4/21 - "Surge Purge" Main Bldg Clean-Up
- Wed. 4/21 - "Moving Beyond Undecided" Virtual Info Session
- Thu. 4/22 - "Surge Purge" Main Bldg Clean-Up
- Fri. 4/23 - "Surge Purge" Main Bldg Clean-Up
- Mon. 4/26 - Common Time: Recruitment Update & New Employee Welcome
- Tue. 4/27 - Provost's Academic Update