Career Center is focus of Common Time on Mar. 8
The Cincinnati State Career Center will host Common Time on Monday, Mar. 8, from 3 to 4:30 p.m.
Topics for this virtual session include:
- Updates on Career Center programming and activities
- Trends during the COVID era
- How to connect students to Career Center services
- Forming partnerships between the Career Center and other areas of the College to promote student success
To join Common Time on Zoom, go to https://cincinnatistate-edu.zoom.us/j/81719080396?pwd=M0N4blVQWmltbGFZYUlOV1hKYjBMdz09 (Check your Outlook calendar invitation for passcode and dial-in information)
Faculty: Send Professional Development feedback by Mar. 8
The College-wide Professional Development Committee and the Center for Teaching and Learning are seeking input from full-time and adjunct faculty members for professional development activities and events that will be offered in the next few months.
Please reply by Monday, Mar. 8, to a brief survey on possible topics for faculty professional development.
The survey is available at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2021ProDev.
The "ProDev" Committee appreciates your participation.
In the Zone club partners with The Edge Campus Ministry to provide services
Cincinnati State’s In The Zone Club is proud to announce its partnership with The Edge Campus Ministry House, located near the University of Cincinnati campus.
The Edge provides holistic mental health and general well-being support to LGBTQ+ young adults and supporters in the community.
To learn more about these services or to learn more about the In The Zone student organization, contact club advisor Dr. Ronnie Gladden at email@example.com.
LULAC scholarship deadline is Mar. 31
Students of Hispanic/Latino heritage are encouraged to apply for scholarships offered by the League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) of Cincinnati.
LULAC Scholarships range from $250 to $2,000 each, and many Cincinnati State students have been past LULAC scholarship recipients.
High school students taking CCP classes via Cincinnati State are eligible to apply if they are seniors and have been admitted to a college or university or are in process of being admitted.
- For more information and the scholarship application, visit the LULAC Cincinnati website.
- Completed applications must be returned to LULAC Cincinnati (postmarked no later than Mar. 31, 2021) at P.O. Box 19057, Cincinnati, OH, 45219.
Applicants may be a U.S. citizen, a legal permanent resident, hold Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status, or be undocumented, but all other scholarship requirements must be met to be eligible for a scholarship award.
If you have questions, contact recently-retired Professor Rosa-Maria Moreno at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Overlook "specials of the week" for Mar. 8-11
For Mar. 8-11, the lunch "specials of the week" from Kate's Catering at the Overlook will include:
- Wednesday, Mar. 10 - "Build your own Nacho" Bar - $8
- Thursday, Mar. 11 - "Build your own Asian Bowl" - $8
- The Sandwich Special for the full week is a BBQ chicken, bacon, and cheddar wrap - $5
The Overlook Cafe on Clifton Campus is open 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Monday through Thursday.
- CState Horticulture students competed in national landscape event
- Common Time on Apr. 19 has two options
- Benefits Open Enrollment is Apr. 19 to Apr. 30
- Surge Madness brackets winners collected prizes
- ArtsWave Community Campaign for 2021 begins
- April Common Time sessions include welcome party for new employees
- Nominations sought for 2021 Distinguished Alumni Award
- Clean up your mess in Main on Surge Purge days
- Library provides research help for students (updated)
- WDC HazMat training is recognized by Ohio Public Utilities Commission
- Mon. 4/19 - Common Time: Academic Self-Study Update & Customer Service Training
- Tue. 4/20 - "Surge Purge" Main Bldg Clean-Up
- Tue. 4/20 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 4/20 - CCP Virtual Advising & Registration
- Wed. 4/21 - "Surge Purge" Main Bldg Clean-Up
- Wed. 4/21 - "Moving Beyond Undecided" Virtual Info Session
- Thu. 4/22 - "Surge Purge" Main Bldg Clean-Up
- Fri. 4/23 - "Surge Purge" Main Bldg Clean-Up
- Mon. 4/26 - Common Time: Recruitment Update & New Employee Welcome
- Tue. 4/27 - Provost's Academic Update