Provost's Update sessions resume on Jan. 12
Provost Robbin Hoopes will resume hosting weekly Academic Updates, open to all College employees who wish to attend, starting on Tuesday, Jan. 12, from 8:30 to 9 a.m.
Updates are scheduled to continue each Tuesday through Feb. 2.
Each session includes a short informational report from the Provost, typically followed by time for questions and answers.
- Zoom Meeting link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89880531627?pwd=cGg3MVZva0E5akp5OUF4cG9QSTdZZz09
- Meeting ID: 898 8053 1627
- Passcode: HVJ9EW
Recordings of Fall Semester Updates are available on the College intranet.
To access the recordings, go to How the College Works > Academics > Provost Updates - Recordings.
Board member is "New Boss to Watch in 2021"
Mrs. Barbara Turner, a member of the Cincinnati State Board of Trustees, has been recognized by the Cincinnati Business Courier as one of 30 "New Bosses to Watch in 2021" (subscription required to read article).
The Business Courier described the group of top leaders of area companies as "those who we believe will be the most influential across the region in 2021."
Mrs. Turner became President and CEO of Ohio National Financial Services on Jan. 1, 2021. She is the first African American and first woman to lead the 112-year-old company.
Mrs. Turner has been employed at Ohio National since 1997 and has more than 35 years of leadership experience in the financial services industry.
In an interview with the Business Courier, she said, "I frequently think about the legacy I want to leave. My personal goal is to leave a legacy of love, family, faith, hope, integrity, giving, leadership, and accomplishment."
In addition to serving as a Cincinnati State Trustee, Mrs. Turner is the Vice-Chair of United Way of Greater Cincinnati.
She also serves as a board member for other community organizations including Advocates for Youth Education, Cincinnati Regional USA Chamber of Commerce, Cincinnati Women’s Executive Forum, and Women’s Fund of the Greater Cincinnati Foundation.
Blackboard & Zoom training/support available Jan. 11-15
The Office of Online Learning is offering several opportunities this week for faculty seeking instruction or consultation on using Blackboard and/or Zoom.
- Sessions available include Introduction to Blackboard and MyCState and Zoom Basics for Faculty and Staff, as well as office hours for those with questions about Blackboard use.
- In addition, all instructors are invited to participate in the self-paced online course Teaching Online for Cincinnati State.
For more information, visit the "Support/Training" section of the COVID-19 Faculty Resources site in Blackboard.
- Look for this site near the bottom of your list of Blackboard courses.
- If you are a new instructor and need access to this resource site, please contact a division administrator.
Introduction to Blackboard and MyCState for New Instructors is facilitated by Dr. Jon McKamey (via Zoom)
- This session provides an introduction to the Blackboard environment and basic tasks such as customizing the menu, creating content folders, and creating a link for Zoom sessions.
- Participants should register by sending an email message to Jon with the date and time you plan to attend.
Days/times are below. Join the session via Zoom at https://cincinnatistate- edu.zoom.us/j/85881124429?pwd=cWdJa3lyRm9ySG85N3JKVlgxWEZ1UT09.
Meeting ID: 858 8112 4429 | Passcode: 812453
- Tuesday, Jan. 12 - 10 a.m.-noon
- Wednesday, Jan. 13 - 1-3 p.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 14 - 2-4 p.m.
Zoom Basics for Faculty and Staff is facilitated by Paul D. DeNu (via Zoom)
- Topics covered include downloading and installing Zoom, scheduling a meeting and setting options, creating a Blackboard menu link for Zoom meetings, recording a meeting, and more.
- Workshop dates are below. Registration is not required.
Join a workshop via Zoom at https://cincinnatistate-edu.zoom.us/j/81438614572?pwd=MWkySzBWZmRWN3hLZmpMaUZseHpRZz09
Meeting ID: 814 3861 4572 | Passcode: 5m201r
- Monday, Jan. 11 - 9-10 a.m.
- Tuesday, Jan. 12 - 4-5 p.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 13 - 11 a.m.-noon
- Thursday, Jan. 14 - 7-8 p.m.
Blackboard Help Office Hours are facilitated by Dr. Jon McKamey (via Zoom)
- Drop in anytime during the open hours to get help with specific Blackboard tools, or for troubleshooting problems. These are not training sessions but you're welcome to seek help with specific issues.
- Office Hours days/times are below. Registration is not required.
Join the office hours via Zoom at https://cincinnatistate- edu.zoom.us/j/81060585299?pwd=QVRaMDJBcWNEcUxMeE4vQnZtTnU3QT09
Meeting ID: 810 6058 5299 | Passcode: 672017
- Monday, Jan. 11 - 1-2 p.m.
- Tuesday, Jan. 12 - 2-3 p.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 13 - 9-10 a.m.
- Friday, Jan. 15 - 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
The self-paced, 6-module online course Teaching Online for Cincinnati State is facilitated by Jon, and accepts new enrollments at any time. See p. 3 of the weekly PDF training schedule for more information.
Julee Johns, Director of the Center for Teaching and Learning, is available by appointment.
Call (513) 569-1724 to leave a message for a return call.
- Board of Trustees Meeting on Jan. 26
- ITS to test BOT Zoom meeting tools at 10 a.m. today
- Spring 2021 Student Activities Calendar is available
- Transfer Center schedules virtual college visits for January
- Tutoring Center & Math Center announce Spring services
- More Spring Semester student services schedules
- 1-20-21-- It's a palindrome!
- ITS will conduct another Zoom meeting test on Jan. 22
- Welcome to Spring Semester 2021
- Spring students can get loaner laptops & hotspots
- Mon. 1/25 - Virtual College Info Session
- Tue. 1/26 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 1/26 - Board of Trustees Meeting
- Wed. 1/27 - Virtual College Info Session
- Thu. 1/28 - Virtual College Info Session
- Fri. 1/29 - Virtual College Info Session
- Mon. 2/1 - Virtual College Info Session
- Tue. 2/2 - Provost's Academic Update
- Wed. 2/3 - Virtual College Info Session
- Wed. 2/3 - Virtual College Info Session - Land Surveying Bachelor's Degree