Jesse Brown is new Asst. Director of Financial Aid
Jesse Brown has been selected as Cincinnati State's new Assistant Director of Financial Aid.
He began serving as Assistant Director in November 2020.
Jesse started his career at Cincinnati State in 2003 as a data entry clerk.
In 2005, Jesse became a financial aid advisor and he has served in the Financial Aid Office for the past 15 years.
Jesse earned his bachelor's degree in accounting from the University of Cincinnati.
Jesse is known to many at Cincinnati State for his service as a host and/or organizer of many campus events, including Service Awards presentations, New Student Orientation, and Surge-A-Palooza.
Probably less widely known is Jesse's service for several years as Cincinnati State's on-campus Easter Bunny, documented in the photo above.
Brewing Science grad is co-founder of new brewery in Chicago
Cincinnati State Brewing Science graduate Ray Schrand (right) has been highlighted in several publications as a co-founder of a unique new brewery in Chicago, the Indian-themed Azadi Brewing Company.
The website PorchDrinking.com, which covers national news from the craft beer industry, was one of several media outlets that reported in November about the new brewery started by Ray (also known as "Gator") and his friend Bhavik Modi (above left).
The new brewery features craft beers that are inspired by the culture of India and pair well with Indian food.
Prior to taking the role of Chief Operating Officer of Azadi Brewing, Ray worked at Cincinnati’s MadTree Brewing Company.
Brewing Science Program Chair Carla Gesell-Streeter noted that one of the articles about Schrand's new venture was written by another CState graduate, Kindsey Bernhard.
Kindsey earned the Brewing Sales and Marketing Certificate from Cincinnati State. She is the Kentucky Regional Editor for PorchDrinking.com and works at Gallant Fox Brewing in Louisville.
Carla said Kindsey also hosts "Boys are from Märzen: A Women in Beer Podcast." Carla was the first guest on this podcast and another episode featured CState Brewing graduate Brittany Frey, from MadTree Brewing.
(Photo from PorchDrinking.com)
- Board of Trustees Meeting on Jan. 26
- ITS to test BOT Zoom meeting tools at 10 a.m. today
- Spring 2021 Student Activities Calendar is available
- Transfer Center schedules virtual college visits for January
- Tutoring Center & Math Center announce Spring services
- More Spring Semester student services schedules
- 1-20-21-- It's a palindrome!
- ITS will conduct another Zoom meeting test on Jan. 22
- Welcome to Spring Semester 2021
- Spring students can get loaner laptops & hotspots
- Mon. 1/25 - Virtual College Info Session
- Tue. 1/26 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 1/26 - Board of Trustees Meeting
- Wed. 1/27 - Virtual College Info Session
- Thu. 1/28 - Virtual College Info Session
- Fri. 1/29 - Virtual College Info Session
- Mon. 2/1 - Virtual College Info Session
- Tue. 2/2 - Provost's Academic Update
- Wed. 2/3 - Virtual College Info Session
- Wed. 2/3 - Virtual College Info Session - Land Surveying Bachelor's Degree