Main Building A & B Wings are open (but not the rest of Main)
Faculty and staff members who need access to rooms in the A and B Wings of the Main Building on Clifton Campus may now enter these rooms without requesting permission in advance.
- The A and B Wing rooms can be accessed using entrance doors from Parking Lot D.
The rest of the Main Building remains under construction, and approval in advance is needed to enter those portions of the building.
- Send a request to your dean or director at least 24 hours in advance, including the day, time, destination room(s), and reason for access (e.g., "retrieve materials from my office").
- Requests are forwarded to Provost Robbin Hoopes, who informs Chief of Campus Police Dan Reid, V.P. Lawra Baumann, and Facilities Director Kim Vasko. The individual requesting access also will receive a copy of the message that confirms the day/time for access.
Retired ECE professor helps schools obtain kid-friendly masks
Recently-retired faculty member Sandy Owen (Early Childhood Education) is continuing to assist young students and their teachers.
From her retirement location in Florida, Sandy joined the "Mask Project Tampa Bay" and has been supporting requests for smaller masks that are a better fit for young children.
Sandy reported that prior to the holidays she made more than 100 kid-friendly masks, in small sizes and using fun fabric choices, to encourage young children to be safe and comfortable at the same time.
You can see some of Sandy's creations above and below.
I-75 / I-74 Construction Update: Change to traffic flow near Hopple St
The following changes in traffic flow have taken place as part of the I-75 and I-74 major reconstruction project:
On Tuesday, Jan. 5, a new traffic pattern went into effect on I-75 South.
- I-75 South traffic switches into a contraflow lane from south of Mitchell Avenue to north of Hopple Street.
- Motorists using the contraflow lane who wish to exit at Hopple Street will need to use the far right lane.
- There is no access to I-74 West from the contraflow lane. Traffic exiting to I-74 West must use the far right lane of I-75 South prior to the entrance of the contraflow lane.
To help ensure the safety of construction workers and the traveling public, motorists should remain alert, reduce their speed, and watch for stopped traffic while passing through the work zones.
For detailed traffic and construction information, visit OHGO.com.
- Board of Trustees Meeting on Jan. 26
- ITS to test BOT Zoom meeting tools at 10 a.m. today
- Spring 2021 Student Activities Calendar is available
- Transfer Center schedules virtual college visits for January
- Tutoring Center & Math Center announce Spring services
- More Spring Semester student services schedules
- 1-20-21-- It's a palindrome!
- ITS will conduct another Zoom meeting test on Jan. 22
- Welcome to Spring Semester 2021
- Spring students can get loaner laptops & hotspots
- Mon. 1/25 - Virtual College Info Session
- Tue. 1/26 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 1/26 - Board of Trustees Meeting
- Wed. 1/27 - Virtual College Info Session
- Thu. 1/28 - Virtual College Info Session
- Fri. 1/29 - Virtual College Info Session
- Mon. 2/1 - Virtual College Info Session
- Tue. 2/2 - Provost's Academic Update
- Wed. 2/3 - Virtual College Info Session
- Wed. 2/3 - Virtual College Info Session - Land Surveying Bachelor's Degree