Welcome the new Manager of Veteran & International Student Affairs
Nicole Jenkins has joined Cincinnati State as the Manager of Veteran and International Student Affairs.
Currently, these student services are delivered only through remote methods.
Nicole plans to reach out to College stakeholders in the near future to discuss ways to enhance College services for Veteran and International students.
“I'm looking forward to getting to know our students and supporting them in my new role at Cincinnati State,” Nicole said. "I hope to provide support and guidance that will help these student populations succeed."
"I enjoy helping college students explore their unique passions and achieve their educational goals," Nicole added.
Students, faculty members, and staff can seek assistance via phone or email.
- Veteran student services: firstname.lastname@example.org or (513) 569-1543
- International student services: email@example.com or (513) 569-4769
You can reach Nicole directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nicole has more than 10 years of experience as a mentor and coach to college students, including international and veteran students.
She served as Program Coordinator, Global Career Initiatives, at Arizona State University and was the Program Manager for UC International, where she developed and implemented programming and activities for the University of Cincinnati's international students.
Nicole has traveled extensively, including experiences in Greece, New Zealand, Costa Rica, Morocco, Spain, Germany, Russia, Australia, Samoa, Ghana, Canada, Egypt, and France.
Nicole is a first-generation college student who started at Lexington Community College (Kentucky) before transferring to Eastern Kentucky University, where she earned a Bachelor of Arts in Communication and participated in study abroad programs in New Zealand and Greece.
Nicole received a Master’s degree in Comparative and International Education from the University of Kentucky. She was also the recipient of a Fulbright-Hayes Grant that supported her studies at Moscow International University in Russia.
Blackboard & Zoom training/support for faculty available Jan. 4-8
The Office of Online Learning is offering several opportunities this week for faculty seeking instruction or consultation on using Blackboard and/or Zoom.
- Sessions available include Introduction to Blackboard and MyCState and Zoom Basics for Faculty and Staff, as well as office hours for those with questions about Blackboard use.
- In addition, all instructors are invited to participate in the self-paced online course Teaching Online for Cincinnati State.
For more information, visit the "Support/Training" section of the COVID-19 Faculty Resources site in Blackboard.
- Look for this site near the bottom of your list of Blackboard courses.
- If you are a new instructor and need access to this resource site, please contact a division administrator.
Introduction to Blackboard and MyCState for New Instructorsis facilitated by Dr. Jon McKamey (via Zoom)
- This session provides an introduction to the Blackboard environment and basic tasks such as customizing the menu, creating content folders, and creating a link for Zoom sessions.
- Participants should register by sending an email message to Jon with the date and time you plan to attend.
Days/times are below. Join the session via Zoom at https://cincinnatistate- edu.zoom.us/j/85881124429?pwd=cWdJa3lyRm9ySG85N3JKVlgxWEZ1UT09.
Meeting ID: 858 8112 4429 | Passcode: 812453
- Monday, Jan. 4 - 1-3 p.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 6 - 9-11 a.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 7 - 2-4 p.m.
- Friday, Jan. 8 - 10 a.m.-noon
Zoom Basics for Faculty and Staff is facilitated by Paul D. DeNu (via Zoom)
- Topics covered include downloading and installing Zoom, scheduling a meeting and setting options, creating a Blackboard menu link for Zoom meetings, recording a meeting, and more.
- Workshop dates are below. Registration is not required.
Join a workshop via Zoom at https://cincinnatistate-edu.zoom.us/j/81438614572?pwd=MWkySzBWZmRWN3hLZmpMaUZseHpRZz09
Meeting ID: 814 3861 4572 | Passcode: 5m201r
- Wednesday, Jan. 6 - 11 a.m.-noon
- Thursday, Jan. 7 - 9-10 a.m.
- Friday, Jan. 8 - 10-11 a.m.
Blackboard Help Office Hours are facilitated by Dr. Jon McKamey (via Zoom)
- Drop in anytime during the open hours to get help with specific Blackboard tools, or for troubleshooting problems. These are not training sessions but you're welcome to seek help with specific issues.
- Office Hours days/times are below. Registration is not required.
Join the office hours via Zoom at https://cincinnatistate- edu.zoom.us/j/81060585299?pwd=QVRaMDJBcWNEcUxMeE4vQnZtTnU3QT09
Meeting ID: 810 6058 5299 | Passcode: 672017
- Tuesday, Jan. 5 - 1-2 p.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 6 - 2-3 p.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 7 - 8-9 a.m.
The self-paced, 6-module online course Teaching Online for Cincinnati State is facilitated by Jon, and accepts new enrollments at any time. See p. 3 of the weekly PDF training schedule for more information.
Overlook is open for lunch Jan. 4-7 and Jan. 11-14
The Overlook on Clifton Campus will be open on Monday through Thursday during the first two weeks of January.
Lunch service by Kate's Catering is available between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. on Jan. 4-7 and Jan. 11-14.
A limited number of "grab 'n go" items will be offered.
Kate's Catering at the Overlook will resume full-service Monday through Friday operations when Spring Semester classes begin, starting Tuesday, Jan. 19.
IT Services hours for "no classes" days
For the weeks of Jan. 4-8 and Jan. 11-15, IT Services hours include:
- IT Services Helpdesk Phone Support is available Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- The Open Lab in ATLC 316 is closed until Tuesday, Jan. 19, 2021.
- Board of Trustees Meeting on Jan. 26
- ITS to test BOT Zoom meeting tools at 10 a.m. today
- Spring 2021 Student Activities Calendar is available
- Transfer Center schedules virtual college visits for January
- Tutoring Center & Math Center announce Spring services
- More Spring Semester student services schedules
- 1-20-21-- It's a palindrome!
- ITS will conduct another Zoom meeting test on Jan. 22
- Welcome to Spring Semester 2021
- Spring students can get loaner laptops & hotspots
- Mon. 1/25 - Virtual College Info Session
- Tue. 1/26 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 1/26 - Board of Trustees Meeting
- Wed. 1/27 - Virtual College Info Session
- Thu. 1/28 - Virtual College Info Session
- Fri. 1/29 - Virtual College Info Session
- Mon. 2/1 - Virtual College Info Session
- Tue. 2/2 - Provost's Academic Update
- Wed. 2/3 - Virtual College Info Session
- Wed. 2/3 - Virtual College Info Session - Land Surveying Bachelor's Degree