Common Time on Nov. 23 reviews CState Completion Plan
During Common Time on Monday, Nov. 23, Provost Robbin Hoopes and members of the Completion Plan Writing Team will present the updated Completion Plan for 2020-22.
Common Time is from 3 to 4:30 p.m. and is open to all College employees.
- Zoom link: https://cincinnatistate-edu.zoom.us/j/81099669078?pwd=NmQvRngzMGFIZmRUTnpmVGp0WjNaZz09
- Telephone: +1 301 715 8592
- Passcode: 817561
Starting in 2014, each Ohio public college and university had to prepare a Completion Plan, approved by the institution's Board of Trustees, and submit it to the Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE). Completion Plans must be updated every two years.
According to ODHE, "Completion plans provide a continuous improvement framework that can allow campuses to identify and implement strategies to increase the number and percentage of students earning meaningful postsecondary credentials."
During Common Time, Provost Hoopes and the Writing Team-- Kelly Harper, Ginna Witte and Geoff Woolf-- will discuss the draft of Cincinnati State's Completion Plan 2020-22.
- Members of the College community are welcome to provide comments and input for the draft plan while it is under review.
- Currently the plan is being reviewed by the Faculty Senate. The plan has also been reviewed by the Deans' Council.
- The College Executive Team will review the plan before it is presented to the Board of Trustees for approval, and then submitted to ODHE.
All past Completion Plans for every Ohio higher education institution are posted on the "Campus Completion Plans" page of the ODHE website.
No Board of Trustees meeting in December
The Cincinnati State Board of Trustees meeting scheduled for Tuesday, Dec. 1, has been canceled.
The legislation that allows members of college and university Boards of Trustees to meet virtually rather than in person expires at the end of November.
New legislation that will extend the option to hold virtual meetings is expected to be signed by Governor DeWine in the near future.
President Monica Posey said that if urgent matters need to be addressed, the Board will schedule a special meeting in early January.
Online Learning Support for Nov. 23 & 24
Support from the Office of Online Learning, and the Center for Teaching and Learning on Nov. 23 and 24 includes:
- Paul DeNu (Office of Online Learning) is available by appointment but will not have scheduled online sessions. Contact him via email at email@example.com.
- Dr. Jon McKamey (Office of Online Learning) is out of the office but will be monitoring email (firstname.lastname@example.org) for any urgent needs.
- Julee Johns (Center for Teaching and Learning) is available via email (email@example.com), but will not have scheduled appointments.
Open Computer Lab hours for Nov. 23 & 24
The Open Computer Lab in ATLC 316 will be open from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 23, and Tuesday, Nov. 24.
The Computer Lab will not be open during the Thanksgiving Break (Nov. 25-29).
Daily News deadlines for end-of-semester news
The next edition of Daily News will be published on Monday, Nov. 30.
- To help ensure on-time publishing of your time-sensitive news for the week of Nov. 30-Dec. 4, please endeavor to send information items to the Daily News Editor (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than Saturday, Nov. 28.
Our staff appreciates your cooperation, and looks forward to reading your messages while enjoying our holiday repast within our 2020-appropriate bubble.
If your office or service will be adjusting hours of operation (remote and/or in-person) during the period Dec. 14-23, please send information about adjustments to the Daily News Editor, too. However, it's fine to wait until early December to forward your office hour adjustments to email@example.com.
College closed for Thanksgiving break Nov. 25-29
All Cincinnati State campuses (remote and in-person activities) are closed for Thanksgiving break from Wednesday, Nov. 25, through Sunday, Nov. 29.
Students and employees are encouraged to enjoy a safe and happy Thanksgiving holiday.
Classes and services resume Monday, Nov. 30.
Vintage postcard image from www.making-mini-scrapbooks.com
- CState Horticulture students competed in national landscape event
- Common Time on Apr. 19 has two options
- Benefits Open Enrollment is Apr. 19 to Apr. 30
- Surge Madness brackets winners collected prizes
- ArtsWave Community Campaign for 2021 begins
- April Common Time sessions include welcome party for new employees
- Nominations sought for 2021 Distinguished Alumni Award
- Clean up your mess in Main on Surge Purge days
- Library provides research help for students (updated)
- WDC HazMat training is recognized by Ohio Public Utilities Commission
- Mon. 4/19 - Common Time: Academic Self-Study Update & Customer Service Training
- Tue. 4/20 - "Surge Purge" Main Bldg Clean-Up
- Tue. 4/20 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 4/20 - CCP Virtual Advising & Registration
- Wed. 4/21 - "Surge Purge" Main Bldg Clean-Up
- Wed. 4/21 - "Moving Beyond Undecided" Virtual Info Session
- Thu. 4/22 - "Surge Purge" Main Bldg Clean-Up
- Fri. 4/23 - "Surge Purge" Main Bldg Clean-Up
- Mon. 4/26 - Common Time: Recruitment Update & New Employee Welcome
- Tue. 4/27 - Provost's Academic Update