College Update & Strategic Plan info available
If you missed the Dr. Posey's Nov. 16 College Update and review of the College's Strategic Plan, the video recording is now available.
- The video (1 hour, 11 minutes) can be viewed at https://cincinnatistate-edu.zoom.us/rec/share/oRrjcRadDkDqTdf5oSRiA3qGkT3k28bgy2cJ84fnKrJV5qqyJjpv-phgHLhQNrZD.Ol8UJ_vrYzYkDjt2.
- The passcode for the recording is XuW?AG6g
- Dr. Posey said additional Common Time presentations will be scheduled during Spring Semester to discuss details of some of the planned Projects.
- She also said some new committees will be formed to help implement some of the Projects.
Other topics covered during the Nov. 16 Update included the College's response to rising COVID rates in our region, planning for Spring Semester, and a recap of recent Main Building Recovery efforts.
Join Theresa Johnson's Retirement Celebration on Nov. 19
All friends of Theresa Johnson are reminded to join the virtual Retirement Party on Thursday, Nov. 19, starting at 4 p.m. -- and bring a glass for the toast to Theresa's 42 years of service to Cincinnati State!
- Zoom link: https://cincinnatistate-edu.zoom.us/j/81147800937?pwd=VUNJRi9xTWxIOWcwaHAwNWY4TTdzdz09
- Or join by phone: +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799
- Webinar ID: 811 4780 0937
- Passcode: 573107
Also, please consider joining in the creation of a new scholarship in Theresa's honor.
- Go to www.cincinnatistate.edu/give and select "Theresa Johnson '78 Endowed Scholarship Fund" from the drop-down menu when choosing "Donate Now."
- Click to learn more about the scholarship and about Theresa's contributions to Cincinnati State.
Student info sessions today discuss P&G Successway Co-op program
Students who are interested in applying for Procter & Gamble's Sucessway Co-op program can attend a virtual information session today.
The information sessions, led by Business Division Co-op Coordinator Adam Waits, help prepare potential candidates for P&G’s unique application process, including the online application, assessments, and behavioral-based interviewing.
- Information sessions are available today, Nov. 18, at noon and at 5 p.m.
- Another information session is tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, Dec. 1, at 4 p.m.
- To register for an information session, students should log in to CState CareerLink at https://cincinnatistate-csm.symplicity.com/students.
- Login with your Cincinnati State email address and password
- Look under the “Events” tab
The P&G Successway Co-op program offers two semesters of full-time co-op work for students who are earning degrees in Associate of Arts, Business Technology fields, or Information Technology fields.
Other program qualifications include:
- GPA of 2.5 or higher, with at least 12 credit hours completed
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications (especially MS Excel)
Students with questions about the Successway Co-op program should contact their Co-op Coordinator.
Reminder: Complete the Campus Climate Survey
Cincinnati State employees who have not yet completed the "Changing Campus Culture Climate Survey" are asked to take a few minutes to reply to the survey before the deadline on Friday, Nov. 20.
The survey is available at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CState_2020_Employee.
- This survey is part of the Changing Campus Culture project of the Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE), which began in 2015.
- The project requires all Ohio colleges and universities to bring awareness and provide information to students and employees related to sexual misconduct, sexual harassment, and sexual violence.
- According to the ODHE, Ohio is one of just a few states to have a comprehensive, state-funded approach to addressing sexual violence on college campuses.
- Cincinnati State appreciates your participation in this statewide survey. Results will be available during Spring of 2021.
If you have questions, please contact Soni Hill, Senior Director of Student Success & Student Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Free Virtual Retreat examines "Teaching in Transition" & webinar looks at student engagement in live remote classes
Many organizations are continuing to offer programs that may be of interest to Cincinnati State faculty and other members of the College community.
Course Hero, an online provider of resources for higher education, is offering a free virtual retreat for instructors and administrators titled "Teaching in Transition: Reflect, Recharge, Reset" on Thursday, Dec. 3, from 11:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. (Eastern time).
- The event includes workshops, discussions, panels, and wellness activities.
- Topics to be addressed include teaching techniques and insights, student and faculty mental health, and ways to support students during challenging times.
Magna Publications, a provider of professional development resources for higher education, is offering a specially-priced webinar ($39) titled "Using Active Listening to Deepen Student Engagement in Live Remote Classes" on Thursday, Dec. 10, at 2 p.m. (Eastern time).
Learning goals of the webinar include:
- Understanding four types of listening: Extractive Listening, Listening to Build Community, Critical Listening, and Co-creative Listening
- Developing “listening outcomes” for a lesson
- Applying strategies that support listening outcomes for lecturing, when facilitating discussions, and when assessing participation
- Exploring online listening rubrics that encourage and assess each type of listening outcome to improve college student learning in the classroom and online
The webinar leader is Rebecca Zambrano, MA, the director of online learning at Edgewood College in Madison, Wisconsin.
- Registration includes access to an on-demand version of the webinar and resource materials.
- CState Horticulture students competed in national landscape event
- Common Time on Apr. 19 has two options
- Benefits Open Enrollment is Apr. 19 to Apr. 30
- Surge Madness brackets winners collected prizes
- ArtsWave Community Campaign for 2021 begins
- April Common Time sessions include welcome party for new employees
- Nominations sought for 2021 Distinguished Alumni Award
- Clean up your mess in Main on Surge Purge days
- Library provides research help for students (updated)
- WDC HazMat training is recognized by Ohio Public Utilities Commission
- Mon. 4/19 - Common Time: Academic Self-Study Update & Customer Service Training
- Tue. 4/20 - "Surge Purge" Main Bldg Clean-Up
- Tue. 4/20 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 4/20 - CCP Virtual Advising & Registration
- Wed. 4/21 - "Surge Purge" Main Bldg Clean-Up
- Wed. 4/21 - "Moving Beyond Undecided" Virtual Info Session
- Thu. 4/22 - "Surge Purge" Main Bldg Clean-Up
- Fri. 4/23 - "Surge Purge" Main Bldg Clean-Up
- Mon. 4/26 - Common Time: Recruitment Update & New Employee Welcome
- Tue. 4/27 - Provost's Academic Update