Many friends gathered to celebrate with Theresa Johnson
About 50 current and retired members of the Cincinnati State family joined the virtual retirement party on Nov. 19 in honor of Theresa Johnson, who retired from the College in August 2020.
Speakers who lauded Theresa for her 42 years of dedicated service to the College included President Monica Posey, Chief of Advancement Elliott Ruther, numerous members of the Cincinnati State Foundation Board, and dozens of retirees, faculty, and staff members who have worked with Theresa throughout her career.
Theresa said she is looking forward to spending time with family and making more visits to the family's "cabin in the woods" near Lake Cumberland.
Theresa also said she hopes to see everyone again in person at future College celebrations.
- Click to learn more about Theresa's many contributions to Cincinnati State and learn about the newly-established scholarship in her name.
- To contribute to the scholarship fund, visit www.cincinnatistate.edu/give and select "Theresa K. Johnson '78 Endowed Scholarship Fund" from the drop-down menu when choosing "Donate Now."
Students can apply for English Language Learning Foundation Scholarships
Applications are now open for English Language Learning (ELL) Foundation Scholarships for academic year 2021-22. The application deadline is Jan. 15, 2021.
The ELL Foundation was established in 2006 to provide opportunities to students in Greater Cincinnati whose heritage language or home language is not English, and are currently enrolled or plan to enroll at an accredited college or university.
CState retired faculty member Rosa-Maria Moreno serves as Vice President of the ELL Board of Directors.
In February 2020, Cincinnati State student Ndieme Ngom was recognized as the ELL "College Student of the Year" and seven CState students received scholarships of $500 to $1,000 each (photo above).
At the February awards event, faculty member Larry Feist also was honored as the ELL "Educator of the Year."
The scholarship application for 2021-22 is available at http://www.ellfoundationcinci.org/scholarships.html.
- Current College students as well as College Credit Plus students who are seniors in high school may apply.
- For questions, please contact Rosa-Maria at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open Computer Lab hours for Nov. 20, 23, & 24
The Open Computer Lab in ATLC 316 will be open from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. today, Nov. 20.
The same hours will be in effect on Monday, Nov. 23, and Tuesday, Nov. 24.
New CState mask is available in division/dept offices
A new and improved Cincinnati State mask (modeled above by Destiny Howard) has been added to the College's supply of personal protective equipment.
New masks have been distributed to division deans and department managers.
There are no plans to mail masks to employees who are working remotely-- so if you're not on campus and want one of these cool masks, you'll need to cajole someone who is on campus to send or deliver a mask to you.
Stay safe, everyone!
- LULAC scholarship deadline is Mar. 31
- Faculty: Send Professional Development feedback by Mar. 8
- Overlook "specials of the week" for Mar. 8-11
- Career Center is focus of Common Time on Mar. 8
- In the Zone club partners with The Edge Campus Ministry to provide services
- Professional Development Committee seeks faculty feedback
- If you need dial-in access for MS Teams, there's a form
- I-74 Construction Update: Daytime lane restrictions on Mar. 3 & overnight closings on Mar. 5
- Welcome, new H&S faculty members
- Welcome, new BTD faculty members
- Mon. 3/8 - Virtual College Info Session - Culinary & Food Science Bachelor's Degree
- Mon. 3/8 - Virtual College Info Session
- Mon. 3/8 - International Women's Day Tea & Panel Discussion
- Mon. 3/8 - Common Time: Career Center Update
- Tue. 3/9 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 3/9 - Virtual Career & Co-op Job Fair
- Wed. 3/10 - Virtual College Info Session
- Thu. 3/11 - Virtual College Info Session
- Thu. 3/11 - Women's History Month Workshop: From RBG to AOC: Women in Political Leadership Roles
- Fri. 3/12 - Virtual College Info Session