Main Building Recovery Project - Progress Report for Nov. 16
Progress reports on the efforts to assess and repair damage to the Main Building are provided regularly in Daily News.
Highlights for the week that ended Nov. 15 and work ongoing this week, as reported by Vice President of Administration Lawra Baumann, include:
- Electrical repairs continue in A-Wing, B-Wing and the Boiler/Mechanical room.
- Work has started on preparing an external location for the new back-up generator.
- Hazardous material removal and abatement continues in tunnels, crawl spaces, and the Boiler/Mechanical room.
- Work has started on cleaning the elevator pits. (An elevator pit is the depression below the surface of the lowest landing. This depression allows the elevator floor to be level with the floor of the lowest landing.)
Common Time today is College Update
During Common Time on Monday, Nov. 16, from 3 to 3:45 p.m., President Monica Posey will present a College Update, with focus on the College's Strategic Plan 2025.
- The College's response to the COVID-19 surge
- Planning for Spring Semester 2021
- Main Building Recovery Project
- Cincinnati State's Strategic Plan 2025: Accelerating Potential
- Dr. Posey will introduce the Strategic Planning Team and provide an overview of the plan, including sharing the specific projects tied to each goal.
- Information about the Strategic Plan is available on the College website at https://www.cincinnatistate.edu/strategic-plan.
Common Time is open to all College employees, via Zoom.
Online Learning Support for Nov. 16-20
Support for new faculty and staff users of Zoom and Blackboard and individual consultation opportunities on varied topics are available this week.
Dr. Jon McKamey and Paul D. DeNu, Office of Online Learning, and Julee Johns, Center for Teaching and Learning, are available for individual appointments, as well as for scheduled sessions listed below.
For more information, visit the "Support/Training" section of the COVID-19 Faculty Resources site in Blackboard. (Look for this site near the bottom of your list of Blackboard courses.)
- A new section for "Zoom Support and Info" has been added to this resources site.
- The newest resource in the site is a downloadable PDF copy of the book Teaching with Zoom: A Guide for Complete Beginners.
Office of Online Learning:
"Blackboard Help Office Hours" are facilitated by Dr. Jon McKamey (via Zoom)
Drop in anytime during the open hours to get help with specific Blackboard tools, or for troubleshooting problems. These are not training sessions but you're welcome to seek help with specific issues.
Office Hours days/times are below. Join the office hours via Zoom at https://cincinnatistate- edu.zoom.us/j/81060585299?pwd=QVRaMDJBcWNEcUxMeE4vQnZtTnU3QT09
Meeting ID: 810 6058 5299 | Passcode: 672017
- Wednesday, Nov. 18 - 1-2 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 19 - 8-9 a.m.
"Zoom Basics for Faculty and Staff" is facilitated by Paul D. DeNu (via Zoom)
Topics covered include downloading and installing Zoom, scheduling a meeting and setting options, creating a Blackboard menu link for Zoom meetings, recording a meeting, and more.
Workshop dates are below. Join the workshops via Zoom at https://cincinnatistate-edu.zoom.us/j/81438614572?pwd=MWkySzBWZmRWN3hLZmpMaUZseHpRZz09
Meeting ID: 814 3861 4572 | Passcode: 5m201r
- Monday, Nov. 16 - 9-10 a.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 17 - 10-11 a.m.
- Friday, Nov. 20 - 9-10 a.m.
Discussion Sessions on "Online Course Quality Design" are facilitated by Dr. Jon McKamey (via Zoom)
Join Jon for informal chat about quality design standards you can use to improve your students' experiences in Web, LiveWeb, and WebHybrid courses. Specific topics will change throughout the semester. See p. 2 of the weekly PDF training schedule for more information.
Discussion days/times/topics are below. Join the discussion via Zoom at https://cincinnatistate- edu.zoom.us/j/83285934234?pwd=S3RkME55eFZ2UEhDckJ0SFM4VHJHZz09
Meeting ID: 832 8593 4234 | Passcode: 881480
- Tuesday, Nov. 17 - 2-3 p.m. - Learning Activities & Learner Interaction
- Wednesday, Nov. 18 - 9-10 a.m. - Learning Activities & Learner Interaction
- Wednesday, Nov. 18 - 11 a.m.-noon - Course Technology
- Thursday, Nov. 19 - 1-2 p.m. - Course Technology
- Friday, Nov. 20 - 10-11 a.m. - Learning Activities & Learner Interaction
- Friday, Nov. 20 - 11 a.m.-noon - Course Technology
The self-paced, 6-module online course Teaching Online for Cincinnati State is facilitated by Jon, and continues to accept new enrollments throughout Fall Semester 2020. See p. 3 of the weekly PDF training schedule for more information.
The Center for Teaching and Learning (Julee Johns) is open for appointments each Wednesday for the rest of Fall Semester.
- Send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 513-569-1724 and leave a message for a return call.
- CState Horticulture students competed in national landscape event
- Common Time on Apr. 19 has two options
- Benefits Open Enrollment is Apr. 19 to Apr. 30
- Surge Madness brackets winners collected prizes
- ArtsWave Community Campaign for 2021 begins
- April Common Time sessions include welcome party for new employees
- Nominations sought for 2021 Distinguished Alumni Award
- Clean up your mess in Main on Surge Purge days
- Library provides research help for students (updated)
- WDC HazMat training is recognized by Ohio Public Utilities Commission
- Mon. 4/19 - Common Time: Academic Self-Study Update & Customer Service Training
- Tue. 4/20 - "Surge Purge" Main Bldg Clean-Up
- Tue. 4/20 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 4/20 - CCP Virtual Advising & Registration
- Wed. 4/21 - "Surge Purge" Main Bldg Clean-Up
- Wed. 4/21 - "Moving Beyond Undecided" Virtual Info Session
- Thu. 4/22 - "Surge Purge" Main Bldg Clean-Up
- Fri. 4/23 - "Surge Purge" Main Bldg Clean-Up
- Mon. 4/26 - Common Time: Recruitment Update & New Employee Welcome
- Tue. 4/27 - Provost's Academic Update