All CARES Act funds for students have been allocated
Cincinnati State has allocated all of the Federal CARES Act Emergency Grant Funds available for students, and no new applications will be accepted.
Director of Financial Aid Penny Parsons said about 2,800 Cincinnati State students received funds.
In April 2020, Cincinnati State received $2,114,058 in funding from the CARES Act to provide emergency relief money that was sent directly (via a paper check) to eligible students.
Funds were distributed to full-time students (enrolled for at least 12 credits) and part-time students (enrolled for at least 6 credits) during Spring, Summer, and the beginning of Fall Semester.
The last few applications for funds are still being processed. A report on distribution of funds will be issued after all allocations are completed.
Sep. 11 College Update recording is available
The recording of President Posey's Sep. 11 College Update for employees is now available.
The 22-minute video recording is posted at https://web4.cincinnatistate.edu/files/president/Dr.%20Posey's%20Virtual%20Information%20Session%209-11-2020.mp4.
For more about the topics included in the Update, see the Daily News article published Sep. 14.
Please don't drive or walk near Main Building
College Drive access to the Main Building on Clifton Campus remains closed (with the exception of access to portions of Parking Lot D) while assessment and repair processes continue.
In addition, on-campus students and employees are asked not to walk near the Main Building, since some activities taking place adjacent to the building involve heavy equipment and/or hazardous materials.
Additional updates on the assessment and recovery processes will be available in future editions of Daily News.
The College Police Department, the Facilities Department, and others charged with safely continuing the efforts to restore the Main Building appreciate your cooperation.
CCP Virtual Orientation sessions scheduled for Sep. through Jan.
Cincinnati State's College Credit Plus (CCP) program will offer several virtual orientation sessions in upcoming months for high school students who are new to CCP.
Each session is 90 minutes, and students must register in advance at https://www.cincinnatistate.edu/ccp-orientation-advising.
Orientation will be offered:
- Thursday, Sep. 17, 2020, at 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 10, 2020, at 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, Dec. 8, 2020, at 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, Jan. 12, 2021, at 6 p.m.
For more information, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kate's Catering is back at the Overlook on Sep. 16 & 17
Kate's Catering at the Overlook will offer a slightly smaller menu on Wednesday and Thursday this week, but on-campus patrons can look forward to service at full capacity starting Monday, Sep. 21.
New menu items next week will include the eagerly-awaited Creamy Mac n' Cheese!
- Please don't walk or drive near Main Building (updated)
- Ludlow Garage is open
- Environmental students went fishing for water quality knowledge
- CCP Virtual Orientation sessions scheduled for Sep. through Jan.
- All CARES Act funds for students have been allocated
- Sep. 11 College Update recording is available
- Please don't drive or walk near Main Building
- Kate's Catering is back at the Overlook on Sep. 16 & 17
- COVID-19 web page is accessible via site Quick Links
- Free lunch on Monday & Tuesday at Clifton Campus
- Tue. 9/22 - Board of Trustees Meeting
- Tue. 9/22 - Virtual College Info Session
- Wed. 9/23 - Virtual College Info Session
- Fri. 9/25 - Virtual College Info Session
- Tue. 9/29 - Virtual College Info Session
- Wed. 9/30 - Virtual College Info Session
- Mon. 10/5 - Virtual College Info Session - Culinary & Food Science Bachelor's Degree
- Wed. 10/7 - Virtual College Info Session - Land Surveying Bachelor's Degree
- Mon. 11/2 - Virtual College Info Session - Culinary & Food Science Bachelor's Degree
- Wed. 11/4 - Virtual College Info Session - Land Surveying Bachelor's Degree