Joint Community Campaign pledge drive begins today
The Joint Community Campaign is one of three annual internal giving campaigns at Cincinnati State, along with the Annual Fund Campaign and the ArtsWave campaign.
Cincinnati State President Monica Posey is a member of the United Way Board of Directors.
- As Dr. Posey noted in a video message on behalf of United Way, giving to the Joint Campaign is "important for all parts of Cincinnati."
- If it is possible for you to give to the Joint Campaign this year, your one-time gift or continuing pledge via payroll deduction will be greatly appreciated.
- You may pledge to one or both organizations, using payroll deduction or by making a one-time gift by check.
- For both United Way and Community Shares pledges, if you wish you may select specific community organizations to be recipients of your donations. (Organizations are listed on page 2 of the pledge form.)
For payroll deduction, return your completed pledge form by email to Kim Taylor (email@example.com).
- If you are writing a check, send your form and check to Kim Taylor, Alumni and Development Affairs Manager, Cincinnati State, 3520 Central Parkway, ATLC 337, Cincinnati, OH 45223.
- If you are on Clifton Campus you may drop off your form at ATLC Room 352.
If you have questions or need more information about the Joint Community Campaign, contact Kim by email or call (513) 569-1236.
ODS is open for accommodated testing starting Sep. 21
The Office of Disability Services (ODS) has relocated in-person accommodated testing services to ATLC 413.
Starting Monday, Sep. 21, ODS students taking on-campus or online classes can again use services that require reader assistance support, dictation software support, and/or time extensions.
- Seating capacity in the new ODS room is 6 testers per day, with 3 seats available in the morning and 3 seats available in the afternoon. These limits allow for social distancing and time for sanitization of surfaces.
- In-person testing is by appointment only (no walk-ins or exceptions) and must be scheduled by the student 5 school days in advance of the appointment.
Appointments can be scheduled by phone (513-569-1775) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Students and faculty members are asked to be patient in dealing with the limitations on testing services.
Everyone will receive accommodations, but it may not be possible to conduct testing for those who need accommodations at the same day and time that others, who do not need accommodations, are taking a test.
Guidelines for Faculty:
Accommodated testing should continue to be conducted online and/or remotely with time extension for testers, as appropriate.
For in-person testing, please provide flexibility in testing dates, where appropriate, to help ensure students can receive accommodated testing despite the limitations on testing room capacity.
The Office of Disabilities Services will send a courtesy email to instructors 5 school days in advance to let you know your student has requested in-person testing.
Faculty members should send testing materials and test proctoring instructions to ODS at least 3 school days prior to the test appointment, via email for the appropriate campus location.
- Clifton Campus: email@example.com
- Middletown Campus: CSMTest@cincinnatistate.edu
- Harrison Campus: firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed paper tests will be scanned and emailed to the instructor. Scantron forms will be returned to the instructor in a sealed stamped envelope, hand-carried by the student.
Faculty members with questions should contact ODS by phone (513-569-1775) or email (email@example.com).
Board of Trustees Meeting on Sep. 22
The Cincinnati State Board of Trustees will meet on Tuesday, Sep. 22, 2020, starting at 3:45 p.m.
The Board meeting will be conducted by Zoom videoconference at this link: https://cincinnatistate-edu.zoom.us/j/81066840400?pwd=VHZ4SDJWanBmTmM0STMzcW9iOGx2QT09#success
Meeting ID: 810 6684 0400 | Passcode: 484698
- +1-646-876-9923 US (New York)
- +1-301-715-8592 US (Germantown)
Meeting ID: 810 6684 0400 | Passcode: 484698
The Board meeting is open to the public.
The agenda is:
- Call to Order
- Sunshine Law Compliance Announcement
- Roll Call
- Approval of the Proceedings of the Regular Board Meeting of Aug. 25, 2020
- Consideration of Items for Possible Addition to the Agenda
- Recognition of Accomplishments Reflective of the College Mission
- Consent Agenda
- Personnel Reports
- Facilities Reports
- Public Safety Monthly Incident Reports
- Finance Report
- Fiscal Year 21 Budget Resolution
- Approval of Vendor Contracts
- Academic Quality & Student Learning Updates
Status of the College Community
- Student Engagement & Education / Student Activities Report
- Shared Governance / Faculty Senate Report
- President’s Report
- Trustee Chairperson’s Report
- Old Business
- New Business
- Adjourn to Executive Session / Return from Executive Session
The next meeting of the Board of Trustees is scheduled for Oct. 27, 2020, by videoconference delivery.
Online Learning Support for Sep. 21-25
Support for new faculty and staff users of Zoom and Blackboard and individual consultation opportunities on varied topics are available this week.
Dr. Jon McKamey and Paul D. DeNu, Office of Online Learning, and Julee Johns, Center for Teaching and Learning, are available for individual appointments throughout the week, as well as for scheduled sessions listed below.
For more information, visit the "Support/Training" section of the COVID-19 Faculty Resources site in Blackboard. (Look for this site near the bottom of your list of Blackboard courses.)
- A new section for "Zoom Support and Info" has been added to this resources site.
Office of Online Learning:
"Zoom Basics for Faculty and Staff" is facilitated by Paul D. DeNu (via Zoom)
Topics covered include downloading and installing Zoom, scheduling a meeting and setting options, creating a Blackboard menu link for Zoom meetings, recording a meeting, and more.
Workshop dates are below. Join the workshops via Zoom at https://cincinnatistate-edu.zoom.us/j/81438614572?pwd=MWkySzBWZmRWN3hLZmpMaUZseHpRZz09
Meeting ID: 814 3861 4572 | Passcode: 5m201r
- Monday, Sep. 21 - 9-10 a.m.
- Wednesday, Sep. 23 - 11 a.m.-noon
- Thursday, Sep. 24 - 1-2 p.m.
- Friday, Sep. 25 - 9-10 a.m.
"Blackboard Help Office Hours" are facilitated by Dr. Jon McKamey (via Zoom)
Drop in anytime during the open hours to get help with specific Blackboard tools, or for troubleshooting problems. These are not training sessions but you're welcome to seek help with specific issues.
Office Hours days/times are below. Join the office hours via Zoom at https://cincinnatistate- edu.zoom.us/j/81060585299?pwd=QVRaMDJBcWNEcUxMeE4vQnZtTnU3QT09
Meeting ID: 810 6058 5299 | Passcode: 672017
- Monday, Sep. 21 - 1-2 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sep. 23 - noon-1 p.m.
- Thursday, Sep. 24 - 8-9 a.m.
Discussion Sessions on "Online Course Quality Design" are facilitated by Dr. Jon McKamey (via Zoom)
Join Jon for informal chat about quality design standards you can use to improve your students' experiences in Web, LiveWeb, and WebHybrid courses. Specific topics will change throughout the semester. See p. 2 of the weekly PDF training schedule for more information.
Discussion days/times/topics are below. Join the discussion via Zoom at https://cincinnatistate- edu.zoom.us/j/83285934234?pwd=S3RkME55eFZ2UEhDckJ0SFM4VHJHZz09
Meeting ID: 832 8593 4234 | Passcode: 881480
- Tuesday, Sep. 22 - 8-9 a.m. - Activities and Interactions
- Tuesday, Sep. 22 - 2-3 p.m. - Activities and Interactions
- Wednesday, Sep. 23 - 9-10 a.m. - Technology
- Thursday, Sep. 24 - 1-2 p.m. - Technology
- Friday, Sep. 25 - 8-9 a.m. - Technology
- Friday, Sep. 25 - 9-10 a.m. - Activities and Interactions
The self-paced, 6-module online course Teaching Online for Cincinnati State is facilitated by Dr. McKamey, and will continue to accept new enrollments throughout Fall Semester 2020. See p. 3 of the weekly PDF training schedule for more information.
The Center for Teaching and Learning (Julee Johns) is available this week by appointment.
- Send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 513-569-1724 and leave a message for a return call.
Kate's Catering at the Overlook is back (with Mac 'n Cheese, too)
Kate’s Catering at the Overlook Cafe is launching today, Sep. 21, the new menu that was originally scheduled to pilot on "flood day" in August.
Food service is available (on days the Clfiton Campus is open) Monday through Thursday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- A new choice this week is microwavable "Creamy Mac 'n Cheese" for $6.
- Also, salad prices have been reduced.
- Bakery items continue to be offered, and coffee is available for $2.
If you like, you can order a Kate's Catering gift card to use as a voucher for yourself, or you can buy lunch for a colleague working on Clifton Campus (including your colleagues who were displayed from Main).
- When you purchase a gift card, you can choose to send it directly to the recipient's email address. You can also select the date (in case you want to buy a birthday lunch for a friend, or celebrate another upcoming occasion).
- To order a Kate's Catering gift card, visit https://squareup.com/gift/1ZBVDAJ6FTT7V/order.
- Faculty: Look for Spring Starfish Progress Surveys
- Library Book Club March selection is "Peter Pan"
- Women's Empowerment Network celebrates International Women's Day & Women's History Month
- Online Learning Support for Mar. 8-12
- I-75 / I-74 Construction Update: Overnight ramp closure on Mar. 9
- Welcome, new Senior Lab Tech Karen Brinton
- LULAC scholarship deadline is Mar. 31
- Career Center is focus of Common Time on Mar. 8
- Overlook "specials of the week" for Mar. 8-11
- Faculty: Send Professional Development feedback by Mar. 8
- Tue. 3/9 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 3/9 - Virtual Career & Co-op Job Fair
- Wed. 3/10 - Virtual College Info Session
- Thu. 3/11 - Virtual College Info Session
- Thu. 3/11 - Women's History Month Workshop: From RBG to AOC: Women in Political Leadership Roles
- Fri. 3/12 - Virtual College Info Session
- Mon. 3/15 - Virtual College Info Session
- Tue. 3/16 - Provost's Academic Update
- Wed. 3/17 - Virtual College Info Session
- Thu. 3/18 - Virtual College Info Session