Free lunch on Monday & Tuesday at Clifton Campus
All students, employees, and contractors who are learning or working in-person on Clifton Campus are invited to enjoy a boxed lunch at no cost on Monday, Sep. 14, and Tuesday, Sep. 15, between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
President Monica Posey is sponsoring the food service on Monday and Tuesday to thank everyone for the extra efforts made in the aftermath of the water line break and the continued closure of the Main Building.
Box lunch options provided by Kate's Catering at the Overlook include:
- Chicken Grape Salad Croissant
- Ham and Cheddar on Pretzel Bread
- Turkey Club Ciabatta with Bacon
- Chicken Caesar Salad with Croutons
- Grilled Vegetable Wrap with Hummus
All boxed lunches include fruit salad, a cookie, and choice of chips.
Dr. Posey announces free parking for students & other updates at Sep. 11 meeting
Students who are attending in-person classes or using in-person services at Clifton Campus can park on campus at no charge for the rest of Fall Semester.
President Monica Posey announced the change in parking policies during her Update to the College on Sep. 11.
Dr. Posey said she does not yet know when the Main Building will be back in operation.
She said priorities in recovering from the water line break that was discovered Aug. 31 include addressing the challenges of using generator power to run information technology equipment located in Main, and restoring heating and cooling equipment that was damaged.
Dr. Posey also said:
- More than 300 class and lab sections had been meeting in the Main Building, and most have been moved to HPB or ATLC. A few classes are still looking for off-campus facilities for some specialized labs.
- Disability Services will be setting up an office in the ATLC for proctored testing and other services.
- Academic division offices in Main (BTD, EIT, and H&S) will move to the ATLC.
- The College is still looking for new locations for Infomation Technology Services and the Human Resources offices.
Dr. Posey said she hoped to have a list of all relocated offices by the end of this week.
Dr. Posey concluded by saying "one building does not define us" and encouraged all employees to "continue the work of the College."
The Update meeting was recorded and is available at https://web4.cincinnatistate.edu/files/president/Dr.%20Posey's%20Virtual%20Information%20Session%209-11-2020.mp4
Cashier's office remains closed but payments will be processed
The Cashier's Office in the ATLC will remain closed for the rest of Fall semester. However, students and employees can get help via phone or email, and payments can be made in these ways:
- Place a payment in the Drop Box next to the Cashier's Window on the ATLC second floor. The Drop Box is checked daily.
- Mail the payment to Cincinnati State College, Attn: Cashier Office, 3520 Central Parkway, Cincinnati, Ohio 45223.
- Pay by credit card (a non-refundable service fee of 2.85% or a minimum of $3 will be charged).
- Pay by eCheck (no charge) - click to download the online payment steps.
For help or more information, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (513) 569-1580, option #3.
Online Learning Support for Sep. 14-18
Support for new faculty and staff users of Zoom and Blackboard and individual consultation opportunities on varied topics are available this week.
Dr. Jon McKamey and Paul D. DeNu, Office of Online Learning, and Julee Johns, Center for Teaching and Learning, are available for individual appointments throughout the week, as well as for scheduled sessions listed below.
For more information, visit the "Support/Training" section of the COVID-19 Faculty Resources site in Blackboard. (Look for this site near the bottom of your list of Blackboard courses.)
- A new section for "Zoom Support and Info" has been added to this resources site.
Office of Online Learning:
"Zoom Basics for Faculty and Staff" is facilitated by Paul D. DeNu (via Zoom)
Topics covered include downloading and installing Zoom, scheduling a meeting and setting options, creating a Blackboard menu link for Zoom meetings, recording a meeting, and more.
Workshop dates are below. Join the workshops via Zoom at https://cincinnatistate-edu.zoom.us/j/81438614572?pwd=MWkySzBWZmRWN3hLZmpMaUZseHpRZz09
Meeting ID: 814 3861 4572 | Passcode: 5m201r
- Monday, Sep. 14 - 9-10 a.m.
- Wednesday, Sep. 16 - 11 a.m.-noon
- Thursday, Sep. 17 - 1-2 p.m.
- Friday, Sep. 18 - 9-10 a.m.
"Blackboard Help Office Hours" are facilitated by Dr. Jon McKamey (via Zoom)
Drop in anytime during the open hours to get help with specific Blackboard tools, or for troubleshooting problems. These are not training sessions but you're welcome to seek help with specific issues.
Office Hours days/times are below. Join the office hours via Zoom at https://cincinnatistate- edu.zoom.us/j/81060585299?pwd=QVRaMDJBcWNEcUxMeE4vQnZtTnU3QT09
Meeting ID: 810 6058 5299 | Passcode: 672017
- Monday, Sep. 14 - 1-2 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sep. 15 - 8-9 a.m.
- Tuesday, Sep. 15 - noon-1 p.m.
More help from the Office of Onine Learning
- Discussion Sessions on "Online Course Quality Design" are facilitated by Dr. Jon McKamey (via Zoom) - Join Jon for informal chat about quality design standards you can use to improve your students' experiences in Web, LiveWeb, and WebHybrid courses. Specific topics will change throughout the semester. See p. 2 of the weekly PDF training schedule for more information.
- The self-paced, 6-module online course Teaching Online for Cincinnati State is facilitated by Dr. McKamey, and will continue to accept new enrollments throughout Fall Semester 2020. See pp. 2-3 of the weekly PDF training schedule for more information.
The Center for Teaching and Learning (Julee Johns) is available this week by appointment.
- Send an email message to email@example.com or call 513-569-1724 and leave a message for a return call.
COVID-19 web page is accessible via site Quick Links
The College's COVID-19 resources web page for students and the public is still being maintained, although it is no longer featured with a link from the website home page.
- To reach the COVID-19 page, look for the Menu in the upper right corner of the website and click the Search icon.
- In the expanded Search window (above) you'll see a Quick Links Menu that includes several choices, one of which is "Covid-19 Info."
The COVID-19 page focuses on "Safely Staying on Track," including College safety policies, academic schedules and policies, in-person service hours, and other information.
- Daily News deadlines for end-of-semester news
- College closed for Thanksgiving break Nov. 25-29
- Open Computer Lab hours for Nov. 23 & 24
- Online Learning Support for Nov. 23 & 24
- Common Time on Nov. 23 reviews CState Completion Plan
- No Board of Trustees meeting in December
- Many friends gathered to celebrate with Theresa Johnson
- Students can apply for English Language Learning Foundation Scholarships
- New CState mask is available in division/dept offices
- Open Computer Lab hours for Nov. 20, 23, & 24
- - Thanksgiving Break
- Fri. 11/27 - Thanksgiving Break
- Sat. 11/28 - Thanksgiving Break
- Sun. 11/29 - Thanksgiving Break
- Mon. 11/30 - Virtual College Info Session
- Tue. 12/1 - Provost's Academic Update
- Wed. 12/2 - Virtual College Info Session - Land Surveying Bachelor's Degree
- Thu. 12/3 - Virtual College Info Session - Harrison Campus
- Thu. 12/3 - Virtual College Info Session - Harrison Campus
- Fri. 12/4 - Virtual College Info Session - Midwest Culinary Institute