Meet the new Interim Director of the Library, Myra Justus
Myra Justus has been named Interim Director of the Cincinnati State Library, effective Aug. 10, 2020.
Former Library Director Cindy Sefton retired from the College at the end of July.
Myra has been a College employee for more than eight years. She holds a master's degree in Library Science from the University of Kentucky and a bachelor's degree in Anthropology from Northern Kentucky University.
Myra also has studied in several countries, including Japan, Ireland, England, France, Italy, and Malta.
She also has background in computer science, coding, and web design-- along with classical training in ballroom dancing.
Provost Robbin Hoopes said, "I am very pleased that Myra has agreed to serve in this important interim position while the College conducts a careful search for a permanent Director of the Library."
Myra said, "I became an academic librarian to help people. Seeing students who once struggled succeed and excel is the reason I am so passionate about being a librarian."
She added, "I believe our intrinsic value within the College as an academic library is utilized less than it ought to be. I encourage anyone who has questions about our services in these complicated times to reach out and contact us."
"I’m very proud to serve as Interim Director of the Library and I’m happy to connect with anyone and everyone who has questions," Myra said.
You can reach Myra by email at email@example.com.
Webinar on Aug. 13 offers advice to new online instructors
Many organizations are continuing to offer programs that may be of interest to Cincinnati State faculty and other members of the College community.
Magna Publications, a company that supports professional development for higher education faculty and academic leaders, is offering a free webinar titled “Help! I’m Moving My Course Online!” – Practical Advice for New Online Instructors."
The 1-hour webinar takes place Thursday, Aug. 13, at 2 p.m. (Eastern time).
Learning goals of the webinar include:
- Identify key ideas for moving a course online for the first time
- Discover important design concepts to aid in easier course delivery
- Develop a plan for moving your course online or refining a course you had to move online quickly in Spring 2020
The webinar leader, Dr. Wren A. Mills, is an assistant professor in the Organizational Leadership and Adult Education programs in the Educational Administration, Leadership, and Research Department at Western Kentucky University.
All registrants will receive supporting materials including downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker and a written transcript.
- Please don't walk or drive near Main Building (updated)
- Ludlow Garage is open
- Environmental students went fishing for water quality knowledge
- CCP Virtual Orientation sessions scheduled for Sep. through Jan.
- All CARES Act funds for students have been allocated
- Sep. 11 College Update recording is available
- Please don't drive or walk near Main Building
- Kate's Catering is back at the Overlook on Sep. 16 & 17
- COVID-19 web page is accessible via site Quick Links
- Free lunch on Monday & Tuesday at Clifton Campus
- Tue. 9/22 - Board of Trustees Meeting
- Tue. 9/22 - Virtual College Info Session
- Wed. 9/23 - Virtual College Info Session
- Fri. 9/25 - Virtual College Info Session
- Tue. 9/29 - Virtual College Info Session
- Wed. 9/30 - Virtual College Info Session
- Mon. 10/5 - Virtual College Info Session - Culinary & Food Science Bachelor's Degree
- Wed. 10/7 - Virtual College Info Session - Land Surveying Bachelor's Degree
- Mon. 11/2 - Virtual College Info Session - Culinary & Food Science Bachelor's Degree
- Wed. 11/4 - Virtual College Info Session - Land Surveying Bachelor's Degree