President Posey hosts virtual College Update on Aug. 7 (Link included)
President Monica Posey is hosting a virtual College Update, open to all College employees, on Friday, Aug. 7, from 9:30 to 11 a.m.
To join the meeting on Webex, go to https://cincinnatistate.webex.com/cincinnatistate/onstage/g.php?MTID=ecd49eb4e447ab6ab1e94e8c5e8c269f2
The focus for the update is “What Will Fall 2020 Look Like?”
The agenda includes:
- Enrollment & Student Profile
- Classes & Programs
- Student Engagement & Activities
- Special Events
- Budget & Planning
- Safety & Policies
- Employee Questions & Answers
- Closing & Communication Opportunities
Faculty laptop computer refresh begins Aug. 11
All Cincinnati State full-time faculty members, deans, and associate deans now have the opportunity to obtain a laptop computer provided by the College.
The computers available are part of a group of Dell Latitude 5500 laptops originally ordered for use on portable classroom computer carts and for special projects.
Additional computers that were part of the order will be deployed to labs used by students.
Specifications for the new laptops include 15.6 inch screen, Intel i5 processor, 16 GB memory, and 512 GB solid state drive.
Standard software installed on the laptops includes:
- Microsoft Office Professional 2019
- Microsoft Project Professional 2019
- Microsoft Visio Professional 2019
- Adobe Reader
- Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (requires login)
- Forticlient SSLVPN
- VMware Horizon Client
Drive-up distribution of new laptops will begin Tuesday, Aug. 11, between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m., and will continue on Tuesdays and Thursdays at the same times.
- The distribution area is the ATLC loading dock on Clifton Campus (on College Drive, just before you reach the Bookstore).
- Employees picking up laptops should remain in your vehicle during the distribution process.
Faculty members who already have a College-issued laptop must return the current laptop when you pick up the new one.
- Laptops that are returned will be re-imaged, cleaned, repaired (if needed), and repurposed for the Student Loaner Laptop program.
Before turning in your current laptop, back up your data from the laptop to your College OneDrive.
- To do this on your own, follow these self-service instructions.
- If you would like help, submit this College Resources Backup Support eForm (requires Blackboard login).
- If you have special College software on your current laptop, submit this College Laptop Software Request eForm (requires Blackboard login) at least 48 hours before you come to campus for the new computer.
Faculty desktop computers will remain in place for the immediate future.
If you have questions, contact the ITS Help Desk at 569-1234 or email@example.com.
New grads can get yard signs on Saturday
Students graduating during the 2020 Virtual Commencement on Sunday, Aug. 9, can pick up a free "Cincinnati State 2020 Graduate" yard sign on Saturday, Aug. 8, from 10 a.m. to noon on Clifton Campus.
Signs will be available at the Summit Restaurant Valet Parking area on College Drive.
- Enter College Drive at the main entrance on Central Parkway.
- At the top of College Drive turn left, and follow the drive past College buildings to the sign for Valet Parking, on the right.
For the "no touch" delivery, Alumni Association helpers will place the sign in the car trunk or inside the car.
- Please don't walk or drive near Main Building (updated)
- Ludlow Garage is open
- Environmental students went fishing for water quality knowledge
- CCP Virtual Orientation sessions scheduled for Sep. through Jan.
- All CARES Act funds for students have been allocated
- Sep. 11 College Update recording is available
- Please don't drive or walk near Main Building
- Kate's Catering is back at the Overlook on Sep. 16 & 17
- COVID-19 web page is accessible via site Quick Links
- Free lunch on Monday & Tuesday at Clifton Campus
- Tue. 9/22 - Board of Trustees Meeting
- Tue. 9/22 - Virtual College Info Session
- Wed. 9/23 - Virtual College Info Session
- Fri. 9/25 - Virtual College Info Session
- Tue. 9/29 - Virtual College Info Session
- Wed. 9/30 - Virtual College Info Session
- Mon. 10/5 - Virtual College Info Session - Culinary & Food Science Bachelor's Degree
- Wed. 10/7 - Virtual College Info Session - Land Surveying Bachelor's Degree
- Mon. 11/2 - Virtual College Info Session - Culinary & Food Science Bachelor's Degree
- Wed. 11/4 - Virtual College Info Session - Land Surveying Bachelor's Degree