Board of Trustees Meeting on July 28
The Cincinnati State Board of Trustees will meet on Tuesday, July 28, 2020, starting at 3:45 p.m.
The Board meeting will be conducted by Webex videoconference at this link: https://cincinnatistate.webex.com/cincinnatistate/onstage/g.php?MTID=e36388faa47d3b3c0ae4b95bc02559d01
The Board meeting is open to the public.
The agenda is:
- Call to Order
- Sunshine Law Compliance Announcement
- Roll Call
- Approval of the Proceedings of the Regular Board Meeting of June 23, 2020
- Consideration of Items for Possible Addition to the Agenda
- Recognition of Accomplishments Reflective of the College Mission
- Consent Agenda
- Personnel Reports
- Facilities Reports
- Public Safety Monthly Incident Reports
- Finance Report
- Resolution to seek ODHE Approval to Continue Waivers for CCP
- Be Great Scholarship Tuition Waiver Resolution
- Vendor Contract Approvals
- Academic Quality & Student Learning Updates
Status of the College Community
- Student Engagement & Education / Student Activities Report
- Shared Governance / Faculty Senate Report
- President’s Report
- Trustee Chairperson’s Report
- Old Business
- New Business
- Adjourn to Executive Session / Return from Executive Session
The next meeting of the Board of Trustees is scheduled for August 25, 2020.
Parking Fees & Lab Fees will be in effect for Fall
Parking in Clifton Campus garages and gated lots will remain free until the end of summer, but starting Monday, Aug. 24, students will need to pay for parking on Clifton Campus.
- Parking passes for Fall Semester can be purchased online. For more information, see the Parking Regulations page of the College website.
Lab fees for Fall Semester courses will be assessed as applicable, continuing the policy in effect for Summer Semester lab fees.
- Lab fees support the additional costs associated with providing a laboratory setting for a class, including equipment, materials, software, maintenance, and consumables used in the lab.
- For Fall classes with lab elements delivered through remote instruction, lab fees cover some related costs, such as new methods of instruction and/or student "lab packets" provided for use in remote delivery courses.
Faculty Online Learning Support for July 27-31 includes new workshops
Several training and consultation opportunities are available to faculty this week.
For more information, visit the "Support/Training" section of the COVID-19 Faculty Resources site in Blackboard. (Look for this site near the bottom of your list of Blackboard courses.)
Julee Johns (Center for Teaching and Learning is offering multiple opportunities to attend "Teaching in the Time of COVID" workshops (via Zoom).
- Workshops 1 and 2 are available this week. See Daily News for July 17 for more about the Workshop series, and look for email updates from Julee/the CTL.
Workshop 1 (CState Teaching Guidelines and PPE information) is scheduled for the dates below. To register for Workshop 1, go to https://www.eventbrite.com/e/teaching-in-the-time-of-covid-1-focus-covid-19-cstate-guidelines-ppe-tickets-112713166114
- Monday, July 27 - 5:30-7 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 28 - 10-11:30 a.m. and 3:30-5 p.m.
- Friday, July 31 - 2-3:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Aug. 1 - 10:30 a.m.-noon
(Additional sessions available Aug. 3 through Aug. 8)
Workshop 2 (Learning in a Pandemic) is scheduled for the dates below. To register for Workshop 2, go to https://www.eventbrite.com/e/teaching-in-the-time-of-covid-2-focus-learning-in-a-pandemic-tickets-112728048628
- Wednesday, July 29 - 9-10:30 a.m., 3:30-5 p.m., and 7:30-9 p.m.
- Thursday, July 30 - 7-8:30 a.m. and 9:30-11 a.m.
- Friday, July 31 - 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. and 6:30-8 p.m.
(Additional sessions available Aug. 3 through Aug. 9)
Dr. Jon McKamey (Office of Online Learning) is offering a new workshop series "More than Remote Learning: Ensuring Quality in Online Course Design" (via Zoom).
The focus in these workshops is online course design standards, not specific delivery modes or teaching methods. These workshops will help those who have not developed and/or taught fully online-delivered courses in the past, and those who are not familiar with Quality Matters Standards for online courses.
Module 1 (Course Overview and Organization) is scheduled for the dates and Zoom location below.
- Monday, July 27 - 8:30-10 a.m. and 2-3:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 28 - 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 29 - 5-6:30 p.m.
Zoom Meeting Room: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85901975777?pwd=ZERNUWYwWGZISm5XVWY4NTAyVWpjQT09
- Meeting ID: 859 0197 5777
- Passcode: 6tEdj4
Module 2 (Learning Objectives) is scheduled for the dates and Zoom location below.
- Tuesday, July 28 - 1:30-3 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 29 - 8-9:30 a.m.
- Thursday, July 30 -10:30 a.m.-noon and 3-4:30 p.m.
- Friday, July 31 - 8-9:30 a.m.
Zoom Meeting Room: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89163122587?pwd=ckg4dHVRWEluNCtSUTZ4VjErcldnQT09
- Meeting ID: 891 6312 2587
- Passcode: BNxa0i
(Additional Modules offered Aug. 3 through Aug. 21. More information is on page 3 of the PDF weekly schedule.
Jon also continues to monitor the course Teaching Online for Cincinnati State, which is ongoing and always accepting new enrollments. More information is on page 3 of the PDF weekly schedule.
Online Tech Support Help facilitated by Paul D. DeNu, Office of Online Learning, is available (via Collaborate):
- Monday, July 27 - 2-2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 28 - 10-10:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, July 29 - 11-11:30 a.m.
- Thursday, July 30 - 12:30-1 p.m.
- Friday, July 31 - 10-10:30 a.m.
- President Posey hosts virtual College Update on Aug. 7 (Link included)
- New grads can get yard signs on Saturday
- Faculty laptop computer refresh begins Aug. 11
- Condolences to the family of Gary Boyle
- CState partnership for Cybersecurity education is recognized
- Virtual Commencement 2020 starts Aug. 9 at 3 p.m.
- Webinar offered on "Preparing Instructors for an Uncertain Fall"
- Fall students can purchase "CState Recommended" computers at College Bookstore
- Blackboard Collaborate will have outage on Aug. 6
- Online Learning workshops & support for faculty available Aug. 3-9
- Mon. 8/10 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Tue. 8/11 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Tue. 8/11 - Provost's Academic Update
- Wed. 8/12 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Wed. 8/12 - Career Center webinar - "Moving Beyond Undecided"
- Thu. 8/13 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Thu. 8/13 - CCP Virtual Orientation
- Fri. 8/14 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Mon. 8/17 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Tue. 8/18 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled