Fall students must sign Personal Responsibility Statement
Cincinnati State students who will be enrolled in Fall classes must "sign" (via online acknowedgement) a Statement of Personal Responsibility that describes campus safety protocols.
The Statement will be provided to registered students today, July 15, via email from Provost Robbin Hoopes.
The Statement describes safety protocols in effect for Fall Semester, including:
- Not coming to campus if experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or in contact with someone with COVID-19
- Adhering to safety protocols that apply in classrooms, labs, support service offices, garages, and common areas on Cincinnati State campuses
- Complying with safety directives related to mandatory wearing of face coverings, maintaining social distancing, and other guidelines
Students will receive an email messsage from Provost Robbin Hoopes with a link to the Statement of Personal Responsibility, and will receive reminders if they do not complete the steps to acknowledge the statement.
Plans are being made for additional communications to ensure that all students are aware of the College's safety protocols.
The Personal Responsibility Statement was drafted and reviewed by members of the Academic Response Team.
This academic policy statement also was reviewed by the Academic Policy and Curriculum Committee (APCC) and the Safety and Wellness Response Team, and then recommended to the President's Executive Team for implementation.
Virtual "Education Summer Camp" open to all
Many organizations are continuing to offer programs that may be of interest to Cincinnati State faculty and other members of the College community.
During the week of July 20-27, Arizona State University is hosting "Learning (Hu)Man," a virtual experience described as "an experimental fusion of hands-on learning, storytelling, tech hacks, and the good kind of shenanigans."
The week-long event includes a variety of daily activities that provide:
- Opportunities to "push the creative envelope for how we serve students and advance learner success."
- Interactive experiences led by education and industry professionals to "examine best practices in learning design, edtech tools and development, and emergent thinking around the art of the possible."
- Focus on "enabling student success in all of its dimensions."
- President Posey hosts virtual College Update on Aug. 7 (Link included)
- New grads can get yard signs on Saturday
- Faculty laptop computer refresh begins Aug. 11
- Condolences to the family of Gary Boyle
- CState partnership for Cybersecurity education is recognized
- Virtual Commencement 2020 starts Aug. 9 at 3 p.m.
- Webinar offered on "Preparing Instructors for an Uncertain Fall"
- Fall students can purchase "CState Recommended" computers at College Bookstore
- Blackboard Collaborate will have outage on Aug. 6
- Online Learning workshops & support for faculty available Aug. 3-9
- Mon. 8/10 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Tue. 8/11 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Tue. 8/11 - Provost's Academic Update
- Wed. 8/12 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Wed. 8/12 - Career Center webinar - "Moving Beyond Undecided"
- Thu. 8/13 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Thu. 8/13 - CCP Virtual Orientation
- Fri. 8/14 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Mon. 8/17 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Tue. 8/18 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled