"Coffee with the Coordinators" offers advice for students
Students are invited to join Co-op Coordinators from across the College for "Coffee with the Coordinators" on three Wednesdays in July.
Bring coffee (or your beverage of choice) to the virtual discussion of career-related topics. Each session starts at 10 a.m.
Sessions this month include:
- The Power of Networking - Maya Franklin - July 8
- Problem Solving - Scott Holubetz - July 15
- Getting the Most out of your Co-op - Sue Dolan - July 29
Registration for each session is required.
- To register, students should log in to CState CareerLink at https://cincinnatistate-csm.symplicity.com/students.
- Students use their CState email address and password to log in.
"Provost's Update" on July 7
Provost Robbin Hoopes is hosting a weekly Academic Update, open to all College employees who wish to attend, on Tuesdays from 8:30 to 9 a.m.
The weekly sessions continue through August 11.
The agenda for each session is a 15-minute update, followed by time for questions and answers.
- Zoom Meeting link: https://zoom.us/j/98969134747?pwd=TThHT1pVQzJNSjZ1MTNtbXZJekFNUT09
- Meeting ID: 989 6913 4747
- Password: 1s6pXW
Condolences to Mike DeVore
Carolyn DeVore, the mother of faculty member Mike DeVore, died June 24, 2020.
The family held a private service on July 2.
Messages of condolence may be shared at the Cahall Funeral Homes website.
Wilmington College Cincinnati has Virtual Info Session on July 9
Wilmington College Cincinnati is offering a Virtual Information Session on July 9 at 6:30 p.m.
All interested students are invited to join the live Zoom session to learn more about Wilmington's programs offered in Cincinnati, and learn about Wilmington's Community College Scholarship.
The Wilmington College Cincinnati offices and classrooms are located at Cincinnati State.
Wilmington courses for Fall will include online, hybrid, and in-person classes.
To reserve a "virtual seat" at the session, visit https://wccincy.wufoo.com/forms/z1e0dws9195b4mt.
Online Learning Support for faculty scheduled for July 6-10
Several training and consultation opportunities are available to faculty this week.
For more information, visit the "Support/Training" section of the COVID-19 Faculty Resources site in Blackboard. (Look for this site near the bottom of your list of Blackboard courses.)
The PDF weekly schedule available from the COVID-19 Faculty Resources site includes details on how to register for sessions offered via Blackboard Collaborate.
Center for Teaching and Learning - Phone/Online Office Hours with Julee Johns
- To make an appointment, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (513) 569-1724 and leave a message.
Appointments with Julee can be scheduled:
- Monday, July 6, 4-6 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 7, noon-2 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 8, 4-6 p.m.
- Thursday, July 9, noon-2 p.m.
Dr. Jon McKamey, Office of Online Learning, is out of the office this week but is monitoring email and the Teaching Online course.
- The Teaching Online for Cincinnati State course is ongoing and always accepting new enrollments. More information is on page 2 of the PDF weekly schedule.
Training facilitated by Paul D. DeNu, Office of Online Learning
- Monday, July 6, 2-3 p.m. - Blackboard Collaborate Support
- Tuesday, July 7, 10-10:30 a.m. - Screencast-O-Matic Screen Recorder and Video Editor
- Wednesday, July 8, 11 a.m.-noon - Blackboard Collaborate Support
- Thursday, July 9, 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. - Blackboard Collaborate Support
- Friday, July 10, 10:30-11:30 a.m. - Accessible Materials and Courses
- CState adjunct instructor is Kentucky "Elected official of the year"
- Condolences to Elliott Ruther
- Brewing Science shares opportunities with a new poster
- Drive-By Health Fair for students on Sep. 23 & 24
- Kate's Catering at the Overlook is back (with Mac 'n Cheese, too)
- Joint Community Campaign pledge drive begins today
- Board of Trustees Meeting on Sep. 22
- Online Learning Support for Sep. 21-25
- ODS is open for accommodated testing starting Sep. 21
- Environmental students went fishing for water quality knowledge
- Thu. 9/24 - Drive-by Student Health Fair
- Fri. 9/25 - Virtual College Info Session
- Tue. 9/29 - Virtual College Info Session
- Wed. 9/30 - Virtual College Info Session
- Mon. 10/5 - Virtual College Info Session - Culinary & Food Science Bachelor's Degree
- Wed. 10/7 - Virtual College Info Session - Land Surveying Bachelor's Degree
- Mon. 11/2 - Virtual College Info Session - Culinary & Food Science Bachelor's Degree
- Wed. 11/4 - Virtual College Info Session - Land Surveying Bachelor's Degree
- Tue. 11/10 - CCP Virtual Orientation
- Tue. 12/8 - CCP Virtual Orientation