Clifton Campus continues limited access, with masks required for visitors
In keeping with the extension of Ohio's "Stay at Home" directive and Governor DeWine's strong recommendation that individuals wear masks in public, employees who must visit Clifton Campus for a short time are asked to bring your own mask to wear while on campus.
The College has a limited inventory of masks for the essential personnel who continue to report daily to Clifton Campus (police, maintenance, environmental services, and ITS), and those personnel have been asked to reuse their masks until the College receives additional supplies.
Gloves are available for short-time visitors.
As stated in the College's Operation Plan Update on Mar. 24, an employee who is not pre-approved for access to campus who requires access to his or her work area for a short time must contact his/her immediate supervisor to request an appointment for campus access.
- The immediate supervisor will forward requests for access to the appropriate Executive Team member who, at his/her discretion, will contact Public Safety to arrange for employee access.
- Access will be regulated as to the length and time of stay.
- Those entering campus must use the Dock entrance of Main Building (located between A and B wings). This door is locked and requires you to swipe your ID card to enter.
- Campus Police monitor this entrance from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. to ensure those entering campus sign-in and have your temperature taken.
- If you enter when a police officer is not at the dock entrance, you must go directly to the Campus Police Office in B wing to check in and have your temperature taken.
- You must sign out before exiting at the Dock door.
Career Center offers webinar on job search techniques during a crisis
The Cincinnati State Career Center is offering online assistance with searching for work during a crisis-- specifically, the one we are in now.
All are welcome to join any of the four sessions, but please check your video and audio connections at least 10 minutes before the start time, so you can join on time.
The webinar is offered:
- Thursday, Apr. 9 - 3 to 3:30 p.m. (Check-in at 2:50 p.m.)
- Thursday, Apr. 9 - 7 to 7:30 p.m. (Check-in at 6:50 p.m.)
- Tuesday, Apr. 14 - 10 to 10:30 a.m. (Check-in at 9:50 a.m.)
- Tuesday, Apr. 14 - 2 to 2:30 p.m. (Check-in at 1:50 p.m.)
Zoom Meeting Link: https://zoom.us/j/416892304.
Spotlight on Service: Christopher Shouse & Sugar Creek
Many students who started Spring Semester in cooperative education assignments had their jobs interrupted by the Covid-19 pandemic, but in some fields, even co-op jobs have shifted to remote mode.
Christopher Shouse, a Graphic Design major, is continuing to work in his assignment at Sugar Creek, a manufacturer of packaged foods.
- Chris can be seen in the Zoom meeting above, on the right side of the second row.
- Chris' co-op supervisor, Bill Cunningham, is in the center of the top row.
Co-op Coordinator Andi Feld said many co-op students in Networking and Multimedia majors have been able to retain their jobs while changing their work conditions and location.
Daily News salutes the students like Chris who are keeping up with co-op and gaining a new kind of work experience, and the employers like Bill and Sugar Creek, who have been able to continue supporting experiential education in a unique and unexpected way.
ITP assisted with "All About Deaf Kids' Fair"
A future student considered new opportunities at the "All About Deaf Kids' Fair" on Mar. 7.
Cincinnati State's Interpreter Training Program partnered with the Deaf Institute of Cincinnati to host the *All About Deaf Kids' Fair" on Clifton Campus on Mar. 7.
Over 250 visitors enjoyed games, crafts, storytelling, and other entertainment, and gained information at 30 different booths set up in the Conference Center.
The annual event is for families with Deaf, Hard of Hearing, and hearing family members.
Cincinnati State stepped up to give the event a new home when the previous host campus, Cincinnati Christian University, closed.
ITP Practicum students and mentors served as volunteer interpreters, to facilitate communication for registration, various booths, and storytelling corners.
ITP students also performed two songs in American Sign Language during the event (see photo below).
Interpreter/Coordinator Kristen Bowen said, "The Fair was a great way to support the community while showcasing our ITP program. We hope to continue working with the Deaf Institute and hosting the Fair in future years."
(Photos provided by Kristen Bowen)
Using employee tuition waiver for Summer? Process steps have changed
Because of changes in processing of Summer financial aid, the Summer tuition waiver is applied to your bill only after the employee or employee dependent has registered for Summer classes and the Office of Financial Aid has received an approved tuition waiver from Human Resources.
- In previous semesters, the Office of Financial Aid would post the waiver after receiving an approval from HR, whether or not the employee or employee dependent was registered for class.
- Now, the employee or employee dependent must register for Summer classes before the waiver is posted to the tuition bill.
If you have questions, contact Director of Financial Aid Penny Parsons (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Loaner laptops still available for Summer students; new efforts underway for Fall technology needs
- Spotlight on Service: Co-op student helped Gorman Farm before and during pandemic
- College (virtually) closed for Memorial Day on May 25
- College Credit Plus hosts Virtual Orientation on May 28
- Board of Trustees Meeting on May 26
- No-show rules clarified for remote classes
- ArtsWave campaign ends May 22
- CARES Act emergency funds available to CState students
- Career Center webinars help with "Moving Beyond Undecided"
- CState Environmental students have new bachelor's pathway at NKU
- - College Closed - Memorial Day
- Tue. 5/26 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Tue. 5/26 - Virtual College Info Session
- Tue. 5/26 - Virtual College Info Session - Culinary & Food Science Bachelor's Degree
- Tue. 5/26 - Board of Trustees Meeting
- Tue. 5/26 - Virtual College Info Session - Land Surveying Bachelor's Degree
- Wed. 5/27 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Thu. 5/28 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Thu. 5/28 - College Credit Plus Virtual Orientation
- Thu. 5/28 - Virtual College Info Session