By the way, it's U.S. Census Day!
Today, April 1, 2020, is the day everyone living in the U.S. is asked to participate in the U.S. Census.
You should have received a mailing a few weeks ago with your Census I.D. number.
- To get started, visit https://my2020census.gov. Completing the online questionnaire takes just a few minutes (and admit it; you've got the time).
However, it's also OK to participate later this week or this month.
- You also can complete the Census by phone or mail-- for more information visit https://2020census.gov/en/ways-to-respond.html.
Census data helps direct the allocation of billions of dollars in federal funds to local schools, roads, and other public services.
To learn more about the community impact of the Census, visit https://2020census.gov/en/community-impact.html.
Career Center offers Employment Webinar on Apr. 2
The Cincinnati State Career Center is hosting a 30-minute webinar on Thursday, Apr. 2, on employment opportunities related to conducting the U.S. Census. These work opportunities will continue for several months.
Two opportunities to attend the webinar are offered:
Click to download information about additional remote services available from the Career Center during Spring Semester.
Spotlight on Service: Russ Campbell
Faculty member Russ Campbell, a Professor in the Electrical Engineering Technology program, took his work-at-home office on the road last week so he could upload video of recorded lectures for his students.
For this photo, Russ reported: "I'm sitting in the parking lot of the Dillsboro City Building using their free high speed Wi-Fi to upload lecture videos."
"It’s 18 miles from home, but man, it’s fast! Actually took less time to upload than what it was taking me in the office!"
Daily News salutes Russ for his service to his students (and refrains from comment on the efficacy of various Wi-Fi options).
- Loaner laptops still available for Summer students; new efforts underway for Fall technology needs
- Spotlight on Service: Co-op student helped Gorman Farm before and during pandemic
- College (virtually) closed for Memorial Day on May 25
- College Credit Plus hosts Virtual Orientation on May 28
- Board of Trustees Meeting on May 26
- No-show rules clarified for remote classes
- ArtsWave campaign ends May 22
- CARES Act emergency funds available to CState students
- Career Center webinars help with "Moving Beyond Undecided"
- CState Environmental students have new bachelor's pathway at NKU
- - College Closed - Memorial Day
- Tue. 5/26 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Tue. 5/26 - Virtual College Info Session
- Tue. 5/26 - Virtual College Info Session - Culinary & Food Science Bachelor's Degree
- Tue. 5/26 - Board of Trustees Meeting
- Tue. 5/26 - Virtual College Info Session - Land Surveying Bachelor's Degree
- Wed. 5/27 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Thu. 5/28 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Thu. 5/28 - College Credit Plus Virtual Orientation
- Thu. 5/28 - Virtual College Info Session