Counseling Services expands connections to students
The Cincinnati State Counseling Office is open remotely to provide continuous support for our students during this challenging time.
Students can reach out to schedule a counseling appointment using:
- the office phone number - 513-569-5799
- text message - 513-713-9116
- email - email@example.com
Students can use any of the methods above to schedule a remote counseling session via Zoom.
Counseling Services also recommends several online resources for help coping with the current situation.
All of these links also are posted on the Covid-19 web page, in the section "Quick Links: Counseling Services & Resources."
- Mental health and coping advice - Centers for Disease Control
- Coping with stress related to COVID-19 – Univ. of Washington Counseling Center
- Staying emotionally well during COVID-19 related school closure – activeminds.org
- Virtual Recovery Resources (PDF) – SAMHSA (Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration)
- Protecting your mental health during social distancing – Talkspace
- Mental Health America
- Women Helping Women Cincinnati
- Relaxation & breathing exercise – You Tube – The School of Self
- Meditation apps - Wirecutter
- Online workout classes to help with stress and anxiety – The Guardian
- 20 Questions to help with COVID-19 anxiety – Dr. Kathleen Smith
Cinti Metro suspends fares and changes schedules
The Student Activities office would like students (and others) who use Cincinnati Metro for essential travel to be aware that starting on Sunday, March 29, Metro is temporarily suspending all fare collection and implementing a modified schedule.
According to information from Metro, the goal is to continue providing essential service to the community as safely as possible.
- Loaner laptops still available for Summer students; new efforts underway for Fall technology needs
- Spotlight on Service: Co-op student helped Gorman Farm before and during pandemic
- College (virtually) closed for Memorial Day on May 25
- College Credit Plus hosts Virtual Orientation on May 28
- Board of Trustees Meeting on May 26
- No-show rules clarified for remote classes
- ArtsWave campaign ends May 22
- CARES Act emergency funds available to CState students
- Career Center webinars help with "Moving Beyond Undecided"
- CState Environmental students have new bachelor's pathway at NKU
- - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- - Virtual College Info Session
- - Virtual College Info Session - Culinary & Food Science Bachelor's Degree
- - Board of Trustees Meeting
- Tue. 5/26 - Virtual College Info Session - Land Surveying Bachelor's Degree
- Wed. 5/27 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Thu. 5/28 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Thu. 5/28 - College Credit Plus Virtual Orientation
- Thu. 5/28 - Virtual College Info Session
- Fri. 5/29 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled