Cincinnati State is moving all academic & business operations to remote delivery
The following message from Dr. Lawra Baumann, Cincinnati State Vice President of Administration, was distributed to Cincinnati State employees via email on Mar. 18, 2020, about 8:30 p.m.
It's being reprinted here in case you missed it:
Thank you for your ongoing hard work and dedication to our students. We know you and your families are experiencing a great deal of uncertainty and stress these days.
The COVID-19 situation has evolved at rapid speed. Your efforts have made it possible for the College to provide uninterrupted virtual instruction to our students and to meet the requirements set forth by Governor DeWine in his Executive Order issued last week.
As we focus on our guiding principles of safeguarding our employees, students, and the community, it has become clear that the College must be prepared to move to virtualization (remote delivery) of all College operations as soon as possible.
All of us will still be working to provide a high level of learning and services to our students but our goal now will be to be able to do so virtually.
Executive Team members are working with each of their departments to finalize the logistics of how to provide virtual delivery for all core business and academic operations.
We are also determining remote work assignments for employees. Our goal is to communicate details to employees by the close of business on Friday, March 20, 2020.
Each employee will continue to receive his/her usual bi-weekly compensation.
As you can imagine, moving to virtual operation of all of College business and academic services is a significant undertaking. Because of limitations of our current systems and processes, we may need to streamline and/or temporarily alter some processes/services.
If you have questions or suggestions, please send your email to COVIDemail@example.com.
We will continue to ask for your patience and flexibility as we move forward. We trust that all Cincinnati State employees will show the commitment and spirit that has helped our College thrive for the past 50 years—and into the future as well.
Lawra J. Baumann, Ph.D.
Vice President, Administration
Campus services updates for Mar. 19, 2020
Updates on changes to services:
- The Library is closing today at 5 p.m. and will move to all-remote services starting Friday morning, Mar. 20.
- Bakery Hill is closing today at 2 p.m. and will not reopen until further notice.
- The Testing Center is closing at end-of-business on Friday, Mar. 20.
Today, a list is being compiled today of how student services / College business services will be provided remotely. The list will include email, web, and phone contact information for services, as available.
We hope to have a version of this list ready to share later today. Copies will be posted and shared widely as soon as the list is ready to go!
- Fall students must sign Personal Responsibility Statement
- Virtual "Education Summer Camp" open to all
- A beautiful day in our neighborhood
- "New Student Orientation Online" starts today
- Online Learning Support for faculty scheduled for July 13-17
- Virtual education conferences are open to all
- Campus invader captured
- Ohio governor issues COVID-19 "responsible restart" guidelines for higher education
- Wear a (Cincinnati State) mask
- Free webinar available on "Higher Education in Times of Crisis"
- - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Fri. 7/17 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Mon. 7/20 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Mon. 7/20 - CCP Virtual Orientation
- Tue. 7/21 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Tue. 7/21 - Provost's Academic Update
- Wed. 7/22 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Thu. 7/23 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Fri. 7/24 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Mon. 7/27 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled