Counseling Services expands connections to students
The Cincinnati State Counseling Office is open remotely to provide continuous support for our students during this challenging time.
Students can reach out to schedule a counseling appointment using:
- the office phone number - 513-569-5799
- text message - 513-713-9116
- email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Students can use any of the methods above to schedule a remote counseling session via Zoom.
Counseling Services also recommends several online resources for help coping with the current situation.
All of these links also are posted on the Covid-19 web page, in the section "Quick Links: Counseling Services & Resources."
- Mental health and coping advice - Centers for Disease Control
- Coping with stress related to COVID-19 – Univ. of Washington Counseling Center
- Staying emotionally well during COVID-19 related school closure – activeminds.org
- Virtual Recovery Resources (PDF) – SAMHSA (Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration)
- Protecting your mental health during social distancing – Talkspace
- Mental Health America
- Women Helping Women Cincinnati
- Relaxation & breathing exercise – You Tube – The School of Self
- Meditation apps - Wirecutter
- Online workout classes to help with stress and anxiety – The Guardian
- 20 Questions to help with COVID-19 anxiety – Dr. Kathleen Smith
Cinti Metro suspends fares and changes schedules
The Student Activities office would like students (and others) who use Cincinnati Metro for essential travel to be aware that starting on Sunday, March 29, Metro is temporarily suspending all fare collection and implementing a modified schedule.
According to information from Metro, the goal is to continue providing essential service to the community as safely as possible.
- Faculty: Look for Spring Starfish Progress Surveys
- Library Book Club March selection is "Peter Pan"
- Women's Empowerment Network celebrates International Women's Day & Women's History Month
- Online Learning Support for Mar. 8-12
- I-75 / I-74 Construction Update: Overnight ramp closure on Mar. 9
- Welcome, new Senior Lab Tech Karen Brinton
- LULAC scholarship deadline is Mar. 31
- Career Center is focus of Common Time on Mar. 8
- Overlook "specials of the week" for Mar. 8-11
- Faculty: Send Professional Development feedback by Mar. 8
- Tue. 3/9 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 3/9 - Virtual Career & Co-op Job Fair
- Wed. 3/10 - Virtual College Info Session
- Thu. 3/11 - Virtual College Info Session
- Thu. 3/11 - Women's History Month Workshop: From RBG to AOC: Women in Political Leadership Roles
- Fri. 3/12 - Virtual College Info Session
- Mon. 3/15 - Virtual College Info Session
- Tue. 3/16 - Provost's Academic Update
- Wed. 3/17 - Virtual College Info Session
- Thu. 3/18 - Virtual College Info Session