College Operations Plan complies with Ohio "Stay At Home" directive
The following message from President Monica Posey was distributed to Cincinnati State employees via email on Monday, Mar. 23, 2020, at 4:20 p.m.
The message is reprinted here in case you missed it:
Dear Cincinnati State Colleagues,
Thanks to your collective work across the College, all course instruction and all student support services have transitioned to remote delivery.
This is in line with Governor DeWine’s order that directs colleges to complete instruction of this semester’s courses remotely, while reducing on-campus personnel to those essential to supporting college operations whose work cannot be done remotely.
With the announcement on Sunday of a “Stay at Home” order by the Director of Ohio’s Department of Health, Cincinnati State will continue as an “essential operation” to meet the Governor’s mandate to deliver all college instruction remotely.
Therefore, business continuity operations will go into effect at 12:00 a.m. on Tuesday, March 24, 2020, as follows:
- Access to all Cincinnati State locations is restricted to pre-approved essential personnel only.
- If an employee who is not pre-approved for access to campus facilities requires access to his or her work area during the Stay at Home order, the employee must contact his/her immediate supervisor to request an appointment for campus access.
- The immediate supervisor will forward requests for access to the appropriate Executive Team member who, at his/her discretion, will contact Public Safety to arrange for employee access.
- Such access will be regulated as to the length and time of stay.
- With the exception of Cincinnati West Airport operations, all essential operations will be conducted from the Clifton Campus only. Personnel required to report to work at the Clifton campus must enter from the Main Building dock entrance. All other buildings and entrances will be locked and inaccessible.
- All personnel reporting to work at the Clifton Campus will have their temperatures taken at the dock entrance before proceeding to the assigned work location. Cincinnati West Airport personnel are urged to take their temperature prior to reporting to work.
- All personnel will be required to practice social distancing and hand sanitizing in compliance with the “required measures” specified in the Stay at Home order. Additionally, employees will have access to precautionary resources such as masks and gloves.
- Any employee who exhibits symptoms should not report to work. Employees exhibiting symptoms or illness should not return to work until free from fever, without the use of medication, for at least 72 hours (three days) AND symptoms have improved for at least 72 hours AND at least seven days have passed since symptoms first began.
Key contacts for the College during this time period will be:
- Academic & Student Support Services - Provost Robbin Hoopes at 513-569-1511 (Desk)
- Operations - Dr. Lawra Baumann, Vice President, Administration at 513-569-1759 (Desk)
- Public Safety - Acting Police Chief Todd Halusek at 513-569-1558 (Dispatch)
- Media / Government Relations/ Foundation – Elliott Ruther, Chief, Institutional Advancement at 513-569-1451 (Desk)
As we all continue to adjust to the changing circumstances, we very much appreciate your ongoing commitment and hard work. Please take care of yourself.
Provost's message to students re: "Stay at Home" directive
On Monday, Mar. 23, 2020, about 6 p.m., all Cincinnati State students received the email message below from Provost Robbin Hoopes:
Dear Cincinnati State Student,
I know that for many of you this has been a strange and stressful semester, so I wanted to offer a note of encouragement as you complete Spring semester.
You may have heard that Governor DeWine announced a “Stay In Place” directive which takes effect tomorrow. This means the Clifton and Middletown campus buildings will not be accessible starting tomorrow and you will not be able to use on-campus computers.
If you’re having difficulty with course work because you do not have the technology to participate, be sure to contact your instructors so they may help you arrange for alternate methods of learning.
Fortunately, all Cincinnati State courses and support services have already been moved to remote delivery, and while the College doors are closed, we are still here to serve you. Support services are available to you remotely, from technical support to tutoring to counseling.
We are dedicated to helping you complete this semester successfully. Visit the Cincinnati State Covid-19 web page and check the Quick Links under the “Student Resources” section.
These are difficult times, but I hope you will try to stay focused on your courses. Your instructors and college staff want to make sure you still have a productive Spring, so pay close attention to your email. Faculty and support staff will be using it regularly to communicate important and helpful information.
Robbin Hoopes, C.I., M.A., J.D.
Dr. Posey's message to College employees
On Friday, Mar. 20, President Monica Posey released a video message to all College employees.
If you missed it, you can view the video at https://web.microsoftstream.com/video/7b804235-a26d-4a1c-b732-ca9e5ccf80d4.
- Overlook resumes full-service operations on Jan. 19
- College closed for MLK Day on Jan. 18; Community celebrations planned
- Faculty: Watch for class roster changes during first week of Spring Semester
- UC Venture Lab invites CState entrepreneurs to explore new business ideas
- Help requested: Test a new Zoom room for future BOT meetings
- Loaner laptops & hotspots available for SP21 students
- Board member is "New Boss to Watch in 2021"
- Provost's Update sessions resume on Jan. 12
- Blackboard & Zoom training/support available Jan. 11-15
- Brewing Science grad is co-founder of new brewery in Chicago
- Mon. 1/18 - College closed - MLK Day
- Tue. 1/19 - First day of Spring Semester
- Tue. 1/19 - Provost's Academic Update
- Wed. 1/20 - Virtual College Info Session
- Thu. 1/21 - Virtual College Info Session
- Fri. 1/22 - Virtual College Info Session
- Mon. 1/25 - Virtual College Info Session
- Tue. 1/26 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 1/26 - Board of Trustees Meeting
- Wed. 1/27 - Virtual College Info Session