Faculty can get in-person help retooling courses on Sunday, Mar. 15
In-person help is available on Clifton Campus on Sunday, March 15, for faculty working on developing "remote" versions of courses.
- On Sunday between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., all Clifton Campus building doors will be open (so you can get to your office/workspace without extra effort required).
- On Sunday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Julee Johns, the Director of the Center for Teaching & Learning, will be available in HPB 04 to assist.
Check for more information on the Blackboard site named "tem407: COVID-19 Faculty Resources" - this link for faculty is at or near the bottom of your list of Blackboard courses.
- Several Division Deans are planning to be on campus Sunday to provide help. Check with your Dean for more information.
Between about 2:15 p.m. and 6 p.m. on Saturday, Mar. 14, the Blackboard Collaborate online tool was not working.
- Blackboard is aware of the problem and is working on maintenance, but you may continue to experience intermittent outages.
- Keep an eye on your CState email and Blackboard announcements for updates on the status of this tool.
Meanwhile, Julee Johns offers some words of advice and support:
There are MANY acceptable ways to create remote learning experiences for our students that are equitable and achieve course objectives, and remote learning isn't limited to Blackboard Collaborate delivery.
- If you have a plan in place that will get you through the first week, and your chair or curriculum lead has approved your plan, you're all set. Look to your chair or curriculum lead for more direction for the future.
- Many good options for remote learning are available that don't require students to use more than their textbook and email.
- Templates for "week-long learning plans" are already posted on the COVID-19 Faculty Resources Blackboard site, and more will be added this weekend.
- The Center for Teaching & Learning (CTL) can help you build (or revise) a plan to get you through the first week. Contact Julee for help (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If you need training on Blackboard or Collaborate or need help investigating other remote delivery tools, training and support will be available next week, too. Look for more information on the Blackboard COVID-19 Faculty Resources site.
FAQs for students & employees added to CS COVID-19 web page
The Cincinnati State "COVID-19 Plan" web page (www.cincinnatistate.edu/COVID-19) has been updated with FAQs for students and employees.
If you don't see the new information, try refreshing your browser.
- If you have suggestions for additional FAQs, you can send them to the Daily News email address, email@example.com. (Your Daily News Editor is also assisting with maintaining the COVID-19 web page.)
- We will try to keep the web page updated with all new developments that apply to students and employees-- so you can encourage students to visit the web page frequently (and to refresh their browser to be sure they see the newest information).
Additional "special editions" of Daily News will be produced as needed to keep employees informed of new developments.
A list of canceled campus events is being compiled and will be added to Daily News (and for public events, to the COVID-19 web page) as soon as possible.
- Faculty: Look for Spring Starfish Progress Surveys
- Library Book Club March selection is "Peter Pan"
- Women's Empowerment Network celebrates International Women's Day & Women's History Month
- Online Learning Support for Mar. 8-12
- I-75 / I-74 Construction Update: Overnight ramp closure on Mar. 9
- Welcome, new Senior Lab Tech Karen Brinton
- LULAC scholarship deadline is Mar. 31
- Career Center is focus of Common Time on Mar. 8
- Overlook "specials of the week" for Mar. 8-11
- Faculty: Send Professional Development feedback by Mar. 8
- Tue. 3/9 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 3/9 - Virtual Career & Co-op Job Fair
- Wed. 3/10 - Virtual College Info Session
- Thu. 3/11 - Virtual College Info Session
- Thu. 3/11 - Women's History Month Workshop: From RBG to AOC: Women in Political Leadership Roles
- Fri. 3/12 - Virtual College Info Session
- Mon. 3/15 - Virtual College Info Session
- Tue. 3/16 - Provost's Academic Update
- Wed. 3/17 - Virtual College Info Session
- Thu. 3/18 - Virtual College Info Session