WDC transitions to remote delivery starting Mar. 21
Effective Saturday, Mar. 21, no in-person classes/training will be offered at the Cincinnati State Workforce Development Center (WDC) in Evendale.
All WDC programming will either transition to online instruction or be postponed. Corporate partners were notified of the changes on Mar. 17.
The Evendale Campus offices will remain open.
College Information Sessions canceled for March & April
All scheduled College Information Sessions have been cancelled for March and April.
The Admissions Team is investigating opportunities to offer remote information sessions in the future.
More information will be posted on the College website and in other ways when plans are confirmed.
BOT meeting for Mar. 24 postponed
The Cincinnati State Board of Trustees meeting scheduled for Mar. 24, at the Butler Tech Bioscience Center, has been postponed.
A meeting at Butler Tech Bioscience Center will be rescheduled in the future.
The Board of Trustees is planning to hold a remote meeting (using technology to connect Board members and other participants, instead of an in-person meeting) in late March or early April. More information will be provided when details are confirmed.
Cleaning products provided to campus offices
The Facilities Department has provided each academic division office and all student-facing offices with disinfectant wipes.
The inventory of wipes has been depleted for now, so for future requests, a spray bottle of Spic and Span and a roll of paper towels will be provided as an alternative to wipes.
Spic and Span is an EPA-approved disinfectant and antibacterial cleaning product and is already used regularly for campus cleaning.
If you need a refill, the Spic and Span spray bottles can be filled as needed by any Environmental Services technician.
Reminder: if you are cleaning a computer keyboard or other sensitive equipment, spray the cleaner onto a paper towel, and then wipe the keyboard with the paper towel. Don't spray liquid into keyboards!
FAQs for students and employees are updated regularly
The Cincinnati State "COVID-19 Plan" web page (www.cincinnatistate.edu/COVID-19) includes regularly updated FAQs for employees and students.
- If you have suggestions for additional FAQs, you can send them to the Daily News email address, firstname.lastname@example.org. (Your Daily News Editor is also assisting with maintaining the COVID-19 web page.)
- We are trying to keep the web page updated with all new developments that apply to students and employees-- so you can encourage students to visit the web page frequently (and to refresh their browser to be sure they see the newest information). Students also can be encouraged to send their questions to email@example.com.
A list of canceled campus events is being compiled and will be added to Daily News (and for public events, to the COVID-19 web page) as soon as possible.
Access to College Drive restricted on Mar. 20
On Friday, Mar. 20, the portion of College Drive in front of the Main Building will be closed for the entire day, so a crane can be used to replace a hood on the roof of the ATLC building.
Access to Parking Lots A, C, D, and the parking garages will not be affected.
If you have questions, please contact Kim Vasko at 569-1559.
- Overlook resumes full-service operations on Jan. 19
- College closed for MLK Day on Jan. 18; Community celebrations planned
- Faculty: Watch for class roster changes during first week of Spring Semester
- UC Venture Lab invites CState entrepreneurs to explore new business ideas
- Help requested: Test a new Zoom room for future BOT meetings
- Loaner laptops & hotspots available for SP21 students
- Board member is "New Boss to Watch in 2021"
- Provost's Update sessions resume on Jan. 12
- Blackboard & Zoom training/support available Jan. 11-15
- Brewing Science grad is co-founder of new brewery in Chicago
- Mon. 1/18 - College closed - MLK Day
- Tue. 1/19 - First day of Spring Semester
- Tue. 1/19 - Provost's Academic Update
- Wed. 1/20 - Virtual College Info Session
- Thu. 1/21 - Virtual College Info Session
- Fri. 1/22 - Virtual College Info Session
- Mon. 1/25 - Virtual College Info Session
- Tue. 1/26 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 1/26 - Board of Trustees Meeting
- Wed. 1/27 - Virtual College Info Session