Clifton Campus welcomes Wilmington College Cincinnati; Open House Jan. 28-31
Cincinnati State's Clifton Campus is the new home of Wilmington College Cincinnati.
President Monica Posey said the College is happy to welcome the Wilmington team to their office in Main 181 (formerly the Admissions Office).
Dr. Posey said, "Cincinnati State and Wilmington College have been great transfer partners for over 15 years. Locating the Wilmington College Cincinnati office in unused space in the Main Building provides a convenient option for students, and rental revenue for Cincinnati State."
Provost Robbin Hoopes said, "Wilmington College's presence on Clifton Campus is part of Cincinnati State's overall plan to provide access to a variety of 4-year college and university partners on our campus.”
"However, Wilmington College and Cincinnati State remain independent educational institutions," Provost Hoopes added.
- Wilmington College Cincinnati has served adult and non-traditional students for more than 30 years, and has over 2100 graduates.
- More than 400 Cincinnati State graduates have earned Wilmington bachelor’s degrees in accounting, business administration, strategic organizational leadership, education studies, or multimedia studies.
- Prior to moving to Cincinnati State, Wilmington's Cincinnati Office was located in Blue Ash.
"We are happy to have our operations on Cincinnati State's campus," said Sharron Colon, Wilmington's Associate Director for External Programs. "We greatly appreciate the excitement and support we have received from everyone at Cincinnati State."
From Tuesday, Jan. 28, through Friday, Jan. 31, Cincinnati State employees are invited to an Open House hosted by Wilmington College Cincinnati in Main 181.
- Office hours are Monday through Thursday from 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. The office phone number is 569-4580.
- Open house visitors can check out the space (see photo below), and grab a light snack and some Wilmington College swag.
Wilmington staff and faculty members with offices in Main 181 are:
- Sylvia Stevens, Vice President for External Programs
- Will Bradley, Academic Advising and Financial Aid Director
- Sheila Corcoran, Academic Records Specialist
- Charlie Dick, Associate Professor of Accounting
- Bernie Matt, Professor of Religion and Philosophy and English
- Brian Snowden, Assistant Professor of Business Administration
Sharron Colon will continue to be based in the Cincinnati State Transfer Center (ATLC 221) with the same office hours as the WC Cincinnati main office: Monday-Thursday, 9:30 a.m.-6 p.m. and Friday, 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
Cincinnati State students interested in continuing their education at Wilmington should talk to Sharron in the Transfer Center, but prospective Wilmington students also can be assisted in Main 181.
Wilmington College also is using several dedicated classrooms on the third floor of the Main Building from 5 to 10 p.m. Monday-Friday and on Saturday mornings.
If you see confused Wilmington students looking for their classes, please direct them to Main Bldg. rooms 353 through 358, located on the hallway past the IT Services Walk-Up Help Window.
Pres. Posey holds Listening Session today
President Monica Posey is conducting Listening Sessions for employees who have questions about the College Update concerning a legal/financial matter.
The update was distributed to employees by email on Monday, Jan. 13.
The Listening Session today, Jan. 24, is from 3 to 4 p.m. in ATLC 340. The session is open to all College employees.
VP of Administration Lawra Baumann and CFO Chris Calvert will attend the Listening Session also.
Retirement celebration for Steve Wells on Jan. 29
All members of the College community are invited to a Retirement Celebration for Lab Technician Steve Wells on Wednesday, Jan. 29, from 2 to 4 p.m. in the Summit Restaurant (ATLC 2nd floor).
Steve is retiring on Jan. 31, after more than 30 years at the College.
Steve was a co-op employee for two years before joining the full-time staff of the Lab Center for the Center for Innovative Technologies (also known as the Engineering & Information Technologies Division).
Please stop by and offer your best wishes to Steve.
Free Coffee Friday schedule announced for Spring
Free Coffee Friday for Spring semester started today, with conversation leader Kim McMillan, Associate Dean of the CIT/EIT Division.
All Free Coffee Friday conversations take place from 7:30 to 9 a.m. in the area adjacent to Bakery Hill, on the second floor of the ATLC.
Students as well as College employees are invited to join each week's facilitator/College administrator for informal information-sharing, questions, and/or feedback about College activities and operations.
A free small coffee or hot tea will be provided for each participant.
Conversation leaders for the rest of Spring Semester are:
- Jan. 31 - Andrea Milani, Director of Student Activities & Counseling Services
- Feb. 7 - Cindy Sefton, Director of the Library
- Feb. 14 - Frankie Baker, Chief Information Officer, Information Technology Services Dept.
- Feb. 21 - Amy Wagner, Website & Digital Manager, Marketing Dept.
- Feb. 28 - Kim Vasko, Director of Buildings, Maintenance & Grounds, Facilities Dept.
- Mar. 6 - Dr. Angela Haensel, Associate Dean, Humanities & Sciences Division
- Mar. 13 - Debbie Poweleit, Director of Admission & Career Center
- Mar. 20 - Kelly Harper, Career Center Manager
- Mar. 27 - Dr. Lawra Baumann, Vice President of Administration & Human Resources
- Apr. 3 - Yvonne Baker, Interim Dean, Business Technologies Division
- Apr. 10 - Kim Taylor, Manager of Alumni & Development Affairs, Office of Advancement/Development
- Apr. 17 - Jason Lafferty, Associate Dean, Business Technologies Division & Executive Chef, Midwest Culinary Institute
- Apr. 24 - Laura Horn, Associate Dean, Business Technologies Division
Happy hour for teachers at West Side Brewing
West Side Brewing, located at 3044 Harrison Ave., is celebrating the beginning of a new school semester with a "Teacher Happy Hour" on Friday, Jan. 24, from 2 to 6 p.m.
Educators get a $2 discount on all drinks.
You're welcome to join your Cincinnati State colleagues at the brew house for a refreshing break, and celebrate making it through the rigorous semester start-up week.
- Presentation on Multiple Measures Placement is posted
- Service Awards presented to over 50 employees
- Sound system upgrade in AVP lab made possible by PNC grant
- Black History Month Celebration on Feb. 27 highlights College history
- Condolences to the family of Carolyn Robinson
- Bakery Hill celebrates "Fat Tuesday" with Mardi Gras treats
- Career & Co-op Job Fair on Mar. 3
- NEW - Board of Trustees Meeting for Feb. 25 Canceled & will be rescheduled
- Arts & Sciences students gained expert advice on job seeking
- Students can prepare for Job Fair with Job Search Workshops & Career Closet visits
- - Free Coffee Friday with Kim Vasko
- - College Info Session
- Sat. 2/29 - Ohio Kings basketball
- Tue. 3/3 - College Info Session
- Tue. 3/3 - Career & Co-op Job Fair
- Thu. 3/5 - College Info Evening Session
- Fri. 3/6 - Free Coffee Friday with Dr. Angela Haensel
- Fri. 3/6 - College Info Session
- Mon. 3/9 - Common Time: Annual Academic Self-Study Report
- Tue. 3/10 - College Info Session