Welcome (back) Chief of Police Dan Reid
President Monica Posey welcomed and installed Cincinnati State's new Chief of Campus Police and Director of Public Safety, Daniel Reid (above right), on Jan. 14, 2020.
Dan served in the Cincinnati State Police Department from 2014 to 2018, advancing to the positions of Lieutenant, Captain, and Acting Chief.
From Dec. 2018 to Dec. 2019, Dan was the Chief of Police for the Village of Cleves, OH.
Earlier in his law enforcement career, Dan worked for over 20 years for the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office.
Dan earned a Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice from Union Institute and University. He also has completed numerous special programs including Police Academy Instructor training, terrorist incident response training, and Police Command School coursework at the FBI National Academy in Quantico, VA.
Family members who attended Dan’s swearing-in (in photo above) included his wife, Robin, a Corporal with the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office; and daughter Tia Jenkins, with her husband Bryan and Dan's grandson, Hudson. Tia is a Cincinnati State graduate.
Dan and Robin’s other daughter, Danielle Reid-Filak, was not able to attend the swearing-in. Danielle is a College Specialist for Cincinnati Public Schools and its College Credit Plus Program.
Enrollment takes a step upward
As of Friday, Jan. 17, students enrolled at Cincinnati State for Spring Semester 2020 (not including WDC and CCP students) have registered for a total of 54,172 credit hours-- up 2.2% compared to the total for the 14th day of Spring Semester 2019.
With several days remaining before the 2020 enrollment "census date," there's still opportunity for additional positive change.
The "census date"-- when the College reports enrollment information to the State-- is the 14th class day of each semester.
- As of Jan. 17, the total number of enrolled students (non-WDC/CCP) for Spring 2020 is 6,190, compared to the Spring 2019 census date total headcount (non-WDC/CCP) of 6,350-- a difference of -2.5%.
- As of Jan. 17, the CCP (College Credit Plus) enrollment total for Spring 2020 is 1,255, compared to the Spring 2019 census date CCP total headcount of 1,803. However, Registrar Jason Moore reports that numerous CCP registrations for Spring 2020 are still in process.
President Monica Posey expressed thanks to all College employees who have helped contribute to the improved numbers for student enrollment and registration.
Detailed reports on College enrollment are available on the College intranet. During registration periods, reports are updated on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (on days the College is open).
To find enrollment reports on the intranet, go to Institutional Research Reports > Enrollment Dashboards > Weekly Dashboards > Spring 2020 Weekly Dashboards.
The Dashboard files use Tableau Reader software, so you'll need to download Tableau Reader to open and view the Dashboard files.
Instructions for downloading and using Tableau are available in the Institutional Research Reports > Enrollment Dashboards folder on the intranet.
Greeters still needed for first days of Spring Semester
A few more faculty and staff volunteers are needed to welcome new and returning students to Clifton Campus on Tuesday, Jan. 21, and Wednesday, Jan. 22.
- Volunteer greeters will be on duty at seven campus locations, between 8 a.m. and noon each day.
- You can volunteer just an hour of your time... or more, if you wish.
To sign up to assist, visit https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040f48aaa828aaf94-spring.
College closed Jan. 20 for MLK Day
All Cincinnati State campuses are closed Monday, Jan. 20, in recognition of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
Spring Semester classes begin Tuesday, Jan. 21.
- College Closed Feb. 17 for Presidents' Day
- Happy Valentine's Day...
- "Voices of CState" speaker series begins Feb. 19
- Academic Calendar for 2020-21 is approved
- Psychology Club presents "Harm Reduction & Dealing with Drugs" on Feb. 19
- Printer connections are changing (and you need to reconnect)
- OTA students gain media attention for Seven Hills service project
- Black History Month events include Drum/Dance performance on Feb. 18
- Interpreter Training students & faculty support Deaf Days at Cincinnati Museum Center
- Deadline for Valentine bouquet pre-orders is Feb. 12
- Mon. 2/17 - College Closed: Presidents' Day
- Tue. 2/18 - College Info Session
- Tue. 2/18 - Black History Month: Bi-Okoto Drum/Dance Theater
- Wed. 2/19 - Psychology Club speaker: "Harm Reduction & Dealing with Drugs"
- Wed. 2/19 - Voices of Cincinnati State | Voices of LGBTQ
- Thu. 2/20 - Black History Month: Nacho Average Diversity Discussion
- Thu. 2/20 - Co-op Orientation
- Thu. 2/20 - College Info Evening Session
- Fri. 2/21 - Free Coffee Friday with Amy Wagner
- Fri. 2/21 - College Info Session