Counselors from area schools & agencies attended ENGAGE event
Cincinnati State welcomed 30 counselors from Cincinnati Public Schools and a dozen other area high schools and community agencies to the ENGAGE | Counselors event on Jan. 10 on Clifton Campus.
Participants earned five hours of professional development credit while learning about Cincinnati State programs and services, and discussing current educational issues.
Schools and agencies represented included:
- Butler Tech Bioscience Center
- Cincinnati Public Schools
- Elder High School
- Fairfield High School
- Loveland City Schools
- Madeira High School
- Mason High School
- Purcell Marian High School
- Seton High School
- Taylor High School
- Talbert House
- West Clermont High School
- Winton Woods High School
Learning sessions were facilitated by Cincinnati State faculty and staff, industry experts, and several of the College's local transfer partners. Topics included:
- Guided Pathways: Report on Cincinnati State's progress in implementing Guided Pathway projects.
- Greater Cincinnati Needs for Associate Degree Graduates: Panel discussion with representatives of the Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber, Partners for a Competitive Workforce, and General Electric on how to meet regional demand for an educated workforce through credentials that include certificates and associate's degrees.
- Managing Disruptive and Dangerous Behavior in the Classroom and Beyond: Discussion of systemic approaches to managing disruptive and dangerous behaviors while maximizing safety, educational integrity, and dignity of all affected parties.
- CCP to Degree: Panel discussion of ways to help students maximize the benefits of College Credit Plus.
- Transfer Student Opportunities: Representatives from the University of Cincinnati, Wilmington College, Chatfield College, Northern Kentucky University, Mount St. Joseph University, and Cincinnati State discussed opportunities including the Ohio Transfer Module, articulation agreements, scholarships, admission to bachelor's degree honors programs, and more.
ENGAGE | Counselors is one of three annual ENGAGE events that give high school students, teachers, counselors, and others opportunities to gain first-hand knowledge and deeper understanding of Cincinnati State's academic programs and support services.
GE Aviation is the sponsor for all 2019-20 ENGAGE activities including the student event held in October 2019, the counselor event in January 2020, and the workshop for high school teachers to be held in June 2020.
CState visited CATS high school students
College Admissions Representative Tammie Larkins (at right in photo) spent Jan. 6-10 on site at Cincinnati Arts and Technology Studios (CATS) to help students from several Cincinnati Public high schools with college and career exploration activities.
CATS, located on Pete Rose Way, is a high school affiliated with Cincinnati Public Schools and the Cincinnati Youth Collaborative. The school mission is to "harness the transformational power of the arts to positively impact the lives of students."
Students at CATS earn high school credits and also gain life skills through activities in five state-of-the-art studios: stained glass, ceramics, digital multimedia, 2D art, and 3D art.
Tammie talked to students throughout the week, in group presentations and individually, about benefits and advantages of attending Cincinnati State.
Other participating schools included the University of Cincinnati (Clifton and Blue Ash), Chatfield College, Northern Kentucky University, the Christ Hospital School of Nursing, and Mount St. Joseph University.
Story Quilt squares are due Jan. 21
If you're still working on your square for the Cincinnati State Story Quilt, remember that quilt squares should be delivered to Abbey Yee (in the CIT/EIT Office, Main 210) by Tuesday, Jan. 21, 2020.
The finished quilt will be on display during the 50th Anniversary Alumni Weekend, May 15 and 16, 2020, and will show off a unique "patchwork of experiences" to celebrate the College's 50 years of success.
Information about quilt specifications is available in this Daily News article from Sep. 2019.
President Posey holds Listening Sessions on Jan. 15, 23, & 24
President Monica Posey is conducting Listening Sessions for employees who have questions about the College Update concerning a legal/financial matter. The update was distributed to employees by email on Monday, Jan. 13.
VP of Administration Lawra Baumann and CFO Chris Calvert will attend the Listening Sessions also.
Listening Sessions will take place in ATLC 340 on these days/times:
- Wednesday, Jan. 15, 4 to 5 p.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 23, 10 to 11 a.m.
- Friday, Jan. 24, 3 to 4 p.m.
All of the listening sessions are open to all employees.
Spring Student Activities Calendar is available
The Student Activities Office has published the Spring Semester Calendar of activities and events.
To download a copy of the calendar, click here.
Printed copies of the Calendar are available at the Student Activities Office (ATLC 2nd floor).
The Student Activities Calendar also is available on the College website at https://www.cincinnatistate.edu/students/campus-life/student-activities/events.
- By the way, it's U.S. Census Day!
- Career Center offers Employment Webinar on Apr. 2
- Spotlight on Service: Russ Campbell
- ... And received thank yous for the donations
- CState donated more than $8,000 of protective medical gear for health care workers fighting COVID-19
- ... And CState received donations, too
- Send your "Spotlight on Service" stories to Daily News
- Faculty Remote Delivery Support schedule is posted in Blackboard
- Cinti Metro suspends fares and changes schedules
- Counseling Services expands connections to students
- - All Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Fri. 4/3 - All Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Mon. 4/6 - All Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Tue. 4/7 - All Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Wed. 4/8 - All Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Thu. 4/9 - All Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Fri. 4/10 - All Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Mon. 4/13 - All Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Tue. 4/14 - All Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Wed. 4/15 - All Meetings/Events postponed or canceled