Board of Trustees Special Meeting on Jan. 10
The Cincinnati State Board of Trustees will meet in special session on Friday, Jan. 10, 2020, starting at 4:30 p.m. in the Summit Restaurant on Clifton Campus.
The meeting is open to the public.
The meeting agenda is as follows:
- Call To Order
- Sunshine Law Compliance Announcement
- Roll Call
- Adjourn to Executive Session
- Return to Public Session
- Resolution Regarding Action on Legal Matter
- Old Business
- New Business
The next meeting of the Board of Trustees is scheduled for Jan. 28, 2020, at 3:45 p.m., in the Conference Center on Clifton Campus.
Greeters needed for Jan. 11 Admit Me Day & semester start days
Faculty and staff volunteers are needed on Saturday, Jan. 11, between 8 a.m. and 1:30 p.m., to greet more than 250 new and returning students who have made plans to attend the first "Admit Me" Day of 2020.
To sign up to help, visit https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0D4BADAC2FA2F58-admit1.
- "Admit Me" Day welcomes students who are starting classes for the first time in Spring 2020, and reconnects "stop out" students who were admitted to the College last year but did not enroll for classes in Spring 2019 or Fall 2019 semesters.
- Volunteers will help attendees find campus locations where they can meet with an academic advisor, take a placement test (if needed), or get their Surge Card student ID.
- Morning snacks, coffee, and sandwiches for lunch willl be available in the Welcome Center.
Faculty and staff volunteers also are needed on Tuesday, Jan. 21, and Wednesday, Jan. 22, to wecome new and returning students to Clifton Campus for the first days of Spring Semester 2020.
- Volunteer greeters will be on duty at seven campus locations, between 8 a.m. and noon each day.
- To sign up to assist, visit https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040f48aaa828aaf94-spring.
I-75 & I-74 Construction Update (Jan. 8)
The Ohio Department of Transportation has scheduled overnight projects near the Clifton Campus related to major reconstruction of I-75 & I-74.
Wednesday, Jan. 8:
- Single-lane closure on I-74 East at the entrance to the contraflow lane between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m.
- The lane closure will prohibit access to the contraflow lane and I-75 North. Traffic will be detoured by way of I-75 South and Hopple Street.
Arrow boards and/or signs will alert motorists of the work zone and restrictions. All work is contingent upon the weather.
To help ensure the safety of the construction workers as well as the traveling public, motorists should remain alert, reduce their speed, and watch for stopped traffic while passing through the work zone. Remember, move over or slow down.
For ongoing traffic, construction, and and weather-related information, please check www.OHGO.com.
Daily News publishing schedule this week
A new "issue" of Daily News will be published on Friday, Jan. 10, if there is new information to share.
Otherwise, the next edition of Daily News will be published Monday, Jan. 13.
Send your news and announcements to email@example.com.
- CState adjunct instructor is Kentucky "Elected official of the year"
- Condolences to Elliott Ruther
- Brewing Science shares opportunities with a new poster
- Drive-By Health Fair for students on Sep. 23 & 24
- Kate's Catering at the Overlook is back (with Mac 'n Cheese, too)
- Joint Community Campaign pledge drive begins today
- Board of Trustees Meeting on Sep. 22
- Online Learning Support for Sep. 21-25
- ODS is open for accommodated testing starting Sep. 21
- Environmental students went fishing for water quality knowledge
- Thu. 9/24 - Drive-by Student Health Fair
- Fri. 9/25 - Virtual College Info Session
- Tue. 9/29 - Virtual College Info Session
- Wed. 9/30 - Virtual College Info Session
- Mon. 10/5 - Virtual College Info Session - Culinary & Food Science Bachelor's Degree
- Wed. 10/7 - Virtual College Info Session - Land Surveying Bachelor's Degree
- Mon. 11/2 - Virtual College Info Session - Culinary & Food Science Bachelor's Degree
- Wed. 11/4 - Virtual College Info Session - Land Surveying Bachelor's Degree
- Tue. 11/10 - CCP Virtual Orientation
- Tue. 12/8 - CCP Virtual Orientation