WDC hosts "Thank You" Open House on Dec. 10
The Cincinnati State Workforce Development Center (WDC) invites all members of the College community to attend a "Thank You" Open House on Tuesday, Dec. 10, from 4 to 7 p.m.
The WDC is located at 10100 Reading Rd. in Evendale.
At the Open House you can:
- tour the WDC facilities
- network with others
- meet the trainers
- learn more about the variety of programs and services WDC offers
For more information, call (513) 569-1643 or visit https://www.cincinnatistate.edu/academics/workforce-development-center.
CState Food Pantry gets support from Brownie Troop
The members of Brownie Troop 43396, a 3rd grade troop from St. Ignatius of Loyola School, visited the Cincinnati State Surge Cupboard Food Pantry on Dec. 4 to donate food and toiletry items collected by the troop.
Troop co-leader Kathleen Barker, a part-time Academic Advisor in the Health & Public Safety Division, said, "When we asked the girls how they want to spend troop funds, the girls said they want to help people who need it."
"I'm aware of the Food Pantry and its needs from working at the College, and the other troop leaders agreed on this project," Kathleen said.
Kathleen said the troop members were encouraged to use their own money to purchase supplies for the Food Pantry, or to do extra chores to earn money for purchases. The Brownies also asked for contributions from friends and family members.
"We thought it would be good for the girls to bring their donations to the Food Pantry, so they could see for themselves what it was all about," Kathleen added.
Poinsettia sale is over (no plants left to sell)
The Cincinnati State Horticulture Club thanks the members of the College community for your purchases during the Club's annual poinsettia sale.
All available plants were sold last week, and this week's scheduled sale days have been cancelled.
(If you missed out on the CState-cultivated poinsettias this year, you're advised to make a note and purchase early in the 2020 selling season.)
Fall Common Time recordings are posted on intranet
Recordings of several Common Time presentations that took place in Fall Semester 2019 are available on the College intranet for viewing/listening.
To locate the recordings, go to How the College Works > Academics > Common Time > Common Time Recordings.
In some instances, the video recordings may be incomplete or may contain some technical "glitches."
Common Time programs that included a workshop component generally were not recorded.
Office hour changes in Dec. and/or Jan? Let Daily News know.
Will your College office or service have changes to hours of operation on the days classes are not in session (Dec. 16-20 and/or Jan. 2-17)?
If so, please send your schedule information to Daily News (email@example.com).
Thanks for your assistance in keeping our readers well informed.
- President Posey holds Listening Sessions on Jan. 15, 23, & 24
- Spring Student Activities Calendar is available
- Counselors from area schools & agencies attended ENGAGE event
- CState visited CATS high school students
- Story Quilt squares are due Jan. 21
- Career Center can help recruit work-study students
- Academic Division office hours, Jan. 13-17
- Surge Cupboard says thanks & seeks Spring volunteers
- Condolences to Elliott Ruther
- Daily News publishing schedule this week
- - No classes; offices open
- - College Info Session
- Sat. 1/18 - Ohio Kings basketball
- Mon. 1/20 - College closed - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Tue. 1/21 - First day of Spring Semester 2020
- Tue. 1/21 - College Info Session
- Thu. 1/23 - College Info Evening Session
- Fri. 1/24 - College Info Session
- Sat. 1/25 - Ohio Kings basketball
- Mon. 1/27 - HS Cincinnati Academic League Competition