Strategic Planning work will continue in Spring semester; Dec. 2 Common Time is open for meetings
President Monica Posey thanks the College community for your participation in the Strategic Planning session at the College Convocation on Nov. 8.
Dr. Posey said much work remains to develop meaningful projects, metrics, and an implementation timeline for Strategic Plan 2025. This work-- including a survey seeking employee feedback-- will continue into Spring Semester 2020.
While the work proceeds, Dr. Posey is cancelling the Common Time presentation on Strategic Planning, which was scheduled for Monday, Dec. 2.
The Common Time slot (3 to 4:30 p.m.) on Dec. 2 is now available as a time for committee meetings or for other activities that require shared "open time" for participants.
Please turn in your Surge Time before Nov. 24
Because of the Thanksgiving break, Surge Time reports for the pay period that ends Nov. 23 must be submitted and approved no later than noon on Sunday, November 24.
Failure to submit your time report on time could impede processing of the paycheck to be issued Friday, Nov. 29.
Any problems that may occur with Nov. 29 paychecks won't be resolved until Monday, Dec. 2.
Students: Applications open for ELL Foundation Scholarships
Applications are now open for English Language Learning Foundation Scholarships for academic year 2020-21. Applications are due by Dec. 16, 2019.
Scholarships will be presented at the Foundation's Annual Recognition Breakfast, to be held Feb. 20, 2020, at Northern Kentucky University.
The ELL Foundation was established in 2006 to provide opportunities to students in Greater Cincinnati whose heritage language or home language is not English, and are currently enrolled or plan to enroll at an accredited college or university.
CState faculty members Maggie Oliveira (English as a Second Language Chair) and Rosa Maria Moreno (Foreign Languages Chair) serve on the Foundation Board of Directors.
The Foundation has awarded over $140,000 in scholarships to Cincinnati-area students, in amounts ranging from $500 to $2,000 each.
Last spring, 10 Cincinnati State students received ELL Foundation Scholarships (see photo above), including the "College Student of the Year" award.
The scholarship application is available at http://www.ellfoundationcinci.org/scholarships.html.
- Current students who might not have their Fall semester grades by Dec. 16 can still apply, and send a transcript showing Fall grades later.
- College Credit Plus students who are seniors in high school may apply.
For questions, please contact Professor Rosa-Maria Moreno (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Get your tickets for Dec. 7 "Cookies with Santa"
The annual "Cookies with Santa" event for Cincinnati State family members and (young) friends is scheduled for Saturday, Dec. 7, from 10 a.m. to noon, in the ATLC Overlook Cafe on Clifton Campus.
Students, staff, and faculty members are welcome to bring to campus your children, or grandchildren, or nieces and nephews, or the neighborhood kids-- all are welcome.
The event include games and prizes, face-painting, Christmas crafts, cookies, balloons by Goldie the Elf, and of course, photos with the celebrity of the season, Santa.
Tickets ($3 per child) are required. You can purchase tickets in the Student Activities Office, ATLC 204-- but don't delay, since tickets for this popular annual event are in limited supply!
I-75 & I-74 Construction Update (Nov. 20-25)
The Ohio Department of Transportation has scheduled overnight projects near the Clifton Campus related to major reconstruction of I-75 & I-74.
Wednesday, Nov. 20, and Thursday, Nov. 21 -
- Various lane closures on I-75 North and South between Mitchell Avenue and Monmouth Street nightly from 8 p.m. until 6 a.m. the following day.
- Short-term full closures (15 minutes) on I-74 East and West within the work zone nightly between midnight and 4 a.m.
- Short-term full closures (30 minutes) on I-75 North and South between Mitchell Avenue and Monmouth Street nightly from midnight until 4 a.m.
Friday, Nov. 22, through Monday, Nov. 25 -
- Close I-74 West from the I-75 North merge with the I-75 South ramp from 9 p.m. Friday until 5 a.m. Monday. Traffic will be detoured using I-75 North to Mitchell Avenue to I-75 South to I-74 West.
- Close the ramp from I-74 East to I-75 North from 9 p.m. Friday until 8 p.m. Saturday, November 23. Traffic will be detoured using I-75 South to Hopple Street to I-75 North.
- Short-term full closures on I-74 and I-75 with the work zones nightly from midnight until 4 a.m.
Arrow boards and/or signs will alert motorists of the work zone and restrictions. All work is contingent upon the weather.
To help ensure the safety of the construction workers as well as the traveling public, motorists should remain alert, reduce their speed, and watch for stopped traffic while passing through the work zone. Remember, move over or slow down.
For ongoing traffic, construction, and and weather-related information, please check www.OHGO.com.
- President Posey hosts virtual College Update on Aug. 7 (Link included)
- New grads can get yard signs on Saturday
- Faculty laptop computer refresh begins Aug. 11
- Condolences to the family of Gary Boyle
- CState partnership for Cybersecurity education is recognized
- Virtual Commencement 2020 starts Aug. 9 at 3 p.m.
- Webinar offered on "Preparing Instructors for an Uncertain Fall"
- Fall students can purchase "CState Recommended" computers at College Bookstore
- Blackboard Collaborate will have outage on Aug. 6
- Online Learning workshops & support for faculty available Aug. 3-9
- Mon. 8/10 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Tue. 8/11 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Tue. 8/11 - Provost's Academic Update
- Wed. 8/12 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Wed. 8/12 - Career Center webinar - "Moving Beyond Undecided"
- Thu. 8/13 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Thu. 8/13 - CCP Virtual Orientation
- Fri. 8/14 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Mon. 8/17 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Tue. 8/18 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled