Story Quilt workshops on Nov. 12 (newbies still welcome!)
Retired faculty members and quilting gurus Joyce Rimlinger, Debbie Bogenschutz, and Diane Stump (above) will be back on Clifton Campus on Tuesday, Nov. 12, eager to assist employees who want to add your story to the Cincinnati State Story Quilt.
The finished quilt, which will be displayed during the 50th Anniversary Alumni Weekend (May 15 & 16, 2020), will be a "patchwork of experiences," reflecting the contributions of the many individuals who helped achieve Cincinnati State's 50 years of success.
Your square should represent something important to you about Cincinnati State or your experience with the College.
Fabric arts novices are encouraged to stop by and learn how easy it is to be part of the Story Quilt project.
The quilting advisors will be happy to introduce you to simple techniques and materials that make the process easy for absolute beginners.
Quilting Workshops on Nov. 12 take place from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m., in the President's Dining Room (ATLC 244, inside the Summit Restaurant).
Debbie, Joyce, and Diane will help you with any stage of working on your square for the quilt, including:
- developing ideas and designing your quilt square
- viewing fabrics and supplies you might want to use
- getting help with construction of your quilt square
Your finished quilt square must be turned in by Jan. 21, 2020.
For more information, including specifications for quilt squares, download the Cincinnati State Story Quilt flyer.
TriHealth Mammography Van to visit CState on Nov. 13
The TriHealth Mobile Mammography Van has planned a visit to Cincinnati State's Clifton Campus on Wednesday, Nov. 13, from 8 a.m. to noon, and appointments are available for students and College employees.
At least 10 more appointments need to be scheduled to ensure that the campus visit will take place. To schedule, go to cintistate.trihealthmobile.timetrade.com or call (513) 569-6565
The mobile unit provides screening mammograms for women ages 40 and older. Screening is provided for women ages 35-39 who are considered high risk.
- Funding may be available for eligible women who are uninsured or underinsured.
- Appointments are made at 10 minute intervals and each screening appointment takes about 30 minutes.
For more information, download the flyer or call the Student Activities Office at 569-5747.
Transfer Center shares Nov. calendar
The Cincinnati State Transfer Center has released the November calendar of visits from representatives of four-year colleges and universities.
Students who are thinking about transfer to a bachelor's degree program after graduating from CState are encouraged to meet with advisors from visiting schools to get more information about opportunities and requirements.
- No appointment is needed; just stop by the Transfer Center in ATLC Room 221 on Clifton Campus, near Bakery Hill
- The Transfer Center is open on Monday through Thursday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
On Wednesday, Nov. 20, the Career Center and the Transfer Center are hosting a Health Professions Career and Education Fair, from 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. in the Conference Center Room 342 on Clifton Campus.
- About 20 employers and educational organizations will take part in the Fair
- More information will be provided next week in Daily News, or look for updates on the Career Center Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/CStateCareerCenter
To view the Transfer Center visitor schedule for November, click the link below.
Upgraded 25 Live is available
College employees who use 25Live software to look up events or check room availability before submitting an eForm should notice that the resource has been upgraded to 25Live Pro.
- The upgraded version of 25Live has the same functionality as the older version.
- If you use saved links to 25Live, they should still work, but you will be redirected to the new version.
To locate events or rooms scheduled on campus:
- Go to 25Live Pro at https://25live.collegenet.com/pro/cincinnatistate. There's no need to sign in.
- Using the Quick Search you'll see on screen (see image below), you can enter a keyword in Search Events or a room number in Search Locations.
Training for 25Live can be provided on an as-needed basis. For more information, contact Facilities Specialist Christine Barrow (email@example.com or 569-4765).
College closed Nov. 11
All Cincinnati State campuses are closed on Monday, Nov. 11, as the College observes Veterans Day.
Classes resume and offices re-open on Tuesday, Nov. 12.
Vintage postcard image from ClickAmericana.com
- CState Graphic Design student wins Gold ADDY in national competition
- Students have until Aug. 31 to request Pass/Fail grading for courses with Incompletes
- College closed July 3 to celebrate Independence Day
- Condolences to the family of Ray DiPilla
- "Provost's Update" offered on June 30
- CState offers in-person student services starting today; employees have increased access to Clifton Campus
- Leadership Awards presented to 30 students for 2020 achievements
- Online Learning Support for faculty scheduled for June 29-July 2
- Check for Air Quality Alerts this week
- Plan for Fall courses is 65% remote offerings, but many technical courses include in-person elements
- - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Fri. 7/3 - College Closed - Independence Day
- Mon. 7/6 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Tue. 7/7 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Tue. 7/7 - Provost's Academic Update
- Wed. 7/8 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Wed. 7/8 - Coffee with the Coordinators: The Power of Networking
- Thu. 7/9 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Fri. 7/10 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Mon. 7/13 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled