Video posted for State-of-the-College & 50th Anniversary Preview event
The video recording of the Employee Luncheon on Aug. 30 with President Posey's "State of the College" address and the College 50th Anniversary Preview is available at https://us-lti.bbcollab.com/recording/37c3f3cc778746f2abdfaf1e9dac82be.
Over 200 employees attended the luncheon, and heard about plans for College events to be held throughout 2019-20 that will recognize the College's history and current significance in the city, state, and region.
The official start of the anniversary celebration is "Charter Day"-- Thursday, Sep. 19-- which marks 50 years from the date the College received its charter from the State of Ohio to operate as a higher education institution.
More information about Charter Day activities will be available soon.
Luncheon speakers on Aug. 30 described events and activities planned for the year ahead, and then Dr. Posey discussed the State of the College, including strategic plans and goals for the future.
If you didn't attend the lunch, and would like one of the 50th Anniversary commemorative mousepads, stop by the Marketing Office in Main 175.
- Because of technical difficulties, the recording has no audio for the first 14 minutes. When the audio begins, Cincinnati State Foundation Chair Mike Haunert is speaking.
You can see all of the slides that were used during the parts of the presentation that do not have audio.
(Mr. Haunert is seen at near right, with College Director of Advancement Elliott Ruther.)
- The description of plans for the 50th Anniversary Celebration begins at about 19 minutes.
- Dr. Posey's address begins at about 33 minutes.
Dr. Posey discussed College history as well as plans for the future in her "State-of-the-College" address.
Provost Robbin Hoopes described activities planned for Spring 2020 that will involve alumni in the celebration of the College's 50th Anniversary.
Sewer renovation project blocks portions of Lot C
Starting today, Sep. 11, the Metropolitan Sewer District is launching a project to repair a 375-foot section of sewer pipe that is beneath Parking Lot C on Clifton Campus.
To ensure public safety and to give the repair crew access to manholes that lead to the sewer pipe, portions of Lot C-2 and Lot C-3 will be closed during the project (yellow highlighted areas of map above).
The target completion date is Oct. 1.
The sewer restoration work is a trenchless operation, which means no digging is required. The crew will repair the underground sewer pipe and then spray the walls with concrete for reinforcement.
Transfer Center shares September calendar
The Cincinnati State Transfer Center has released the September calendar of visits from representatives of four-year colleges and universities.
Students who are thinking about transfer to a bachelor's degree program after graduating from CState are encouraged to meet with advisors from visiting schools to get more information about opportunities and requirements.
No appointment is needed; just stop by the Transfer Center in ATLC Room 221 on Clifton Campus, near Bakery Hill.
The Transfer Center is open on Monday through Thursday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
To view the Transfer Center visitor schedule for September, click the link below.
GOAL workshops help students succeed
GOAL Workshops to promote student success begin Thursday, Sep. 12, and will continue throughout Fall Semester.
The first workshop of the semester is from 1 to 3 p.m., in HPB 02.
GOAL workshops are open to all students who are interested in developing strategies for improving their college success.
The sessions are recommended for any student who has been placed on an academic "hold" because of low achievement in a previous semester.
Walk-in visitors are welcomed; advance registration is not required.
Workshop facilitators are Academic Advisors and Student Support staff members.
Workshop topics include:
- Study strategies
- Goal setting and planning
- Using campus resources
- Managing stress and maintaining balance
- And more
Click to download the flyer with dates for all Fall workshops.
For more information, call Nancy Stubbeman at 569-1501.
CState forms team for Alzheimer's Walk on Oct. 5
The Cincinnati State “Remember Wins” team invites you to support the 2019 Cincinnati “Walk to End Alzheimer’s” on Saturday, Oct. 5, starting at 10 a.m. at Sawyer Point.
Students, faculty and staff members, and friends and family are welcome to join this year's team to help raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer’s research.
Team Captain Jessica Loomis said the team goal this year is to raise $2,000 in donations. (Members of the 2018 team are seen above.)
The Alzheimer’s Association, a nonprofit organization formed in 1980, provides care and support to individuals suffering with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, and is the largest nonprofit funder of Alzheimer’s research to find a cure for this devastating disease.
Funds raised by your participation will benefit all in the tri-state area and the Cincinnati State community who are touched by Alzheimer’s.
To join the "Remember Wins" team or make a donation in support of the Cincinnati State team, visit the team page at http://act.alz.org/goto/CincinnatiStateRememberWins.
There's no cost to register or participate, but if you're participating, please wear Cincinnati State attire.
For more information, contact Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It's Charter Day! (Happy 50th Anniversary, CState!)
- Help tell CState's story in the 50th Anniversary Quilt
- Bakery Hill closing at 11 on Sep. 19
- CState faculty member & students win awards in CNC parts design competition
- I-75 & I-74 Construction Update (Sep. 18-20)
- Sale at the Bookstore - Sep. 18-19
- Charter Day events include picnic, historical displays, visiting dignitaries, & more
- Psychology Club starts Fall activities with Sep. 18 meeting
- Charter Day celebration includes picnic for all
- New scholarship available to CState Brewing students
- - Free Coffee Friday with Patty Edwards
- Mon. 9/23 - Counseling Center Workshop for students: Handling Anxiety & Stress
- Tue. 9/24 - College Info Session
- Tue. 9/24 - College Info Evening Session
- Wed. 9/25 - Student Health & Wellness Fair
- Fri. 9/27 - Free Coffee Friday with Regina Livers
- Mon. 9/30 - Counseling Center Workshop for students: Handling Anxiety & Stress
- Tue. 10/1 - College Info Session
- Tue. 10/1 - College Info Evening Session
- Fri. 10/4 - Free Coffee Friday with Kim Taylor