Welcome to Fall Semester 2019
Reservation deadline extended for "State of the College" lunch on Aug. 30
All College employees are invited to a luncheon on Friday, Aug. 30, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., where President Monica Posey will deliver the "State of the College" address, along with a preview of plans for Cincinnati State's 50th Anniversary celebration.
The lunch takes place in the Conference Center on Clifton Campus. You're welcome to attend as much of the event as your schedule allows.
To help with planning, a reservation is appreciated-- please reply by noon on Tuesday, Aug. 27, using this e-form: https://web3.cincinnatistate.edu/eforms/eform.aspx?form_id=1880.
The State of the College Lunch is sponsored by the Cincinnati State Foundation. Planning for the event is a collaborative effort of the Celebrating Community Committee and the College's Institutional Advancement Office.
Surge Cupboard Food Pantry seeks Fall volunteers
The Surge Cupboard Food Pantry is seeking a few more volunteers to assist students during Fall Semester.
To sign up to help, visit https://www.signupgenius.com/go/409084eaca728abf94-fall.
Starting Sep. 3, the Food Pantry will be open in Fall on Tuesdays from 1 to 3 p.m. and Wednesdays from 3 to 5 p.m.
- During the 2018-19 year, the Surge Cupboard served over 200 students, who made nearly 500 "shopping trips" to the Food Pantry.
- Registered students may use the Surge Cupboard once a month to obtain items at no cost, by showing their Surge Card.
Farmers’ Markets that provide free, fresh produce for students will be held Oct. 24, Nov. 14, and Dec. 12.
Farmer's Markets begin at 11:30 a.m. in The Spot (near the Bookstore on the ATLC first floor) and continue until supplies run out.
For more information, contact Surge Cupboard Volunteer Coordinator Lachanna Jackson (email@example.com).
Retirement Party for Chief Mike Wylie on Aug. 27
All members of the College community are invited to a Retirement Reception for Mike Wylie, Chief of Campus Police, on Tuesday, Aug. 27, from 3:30 to 5 p.m. in the Conference Center on Clifton Campus.
Mike is retiring at the end of August.
Please stop by and offer your thanks and best wishes to the Chief!
Hoonuit website is no longer available
The College's subscription for the online training tool Hoonuit (formerly named Atomic Learning) has not been renewed. This resource--previously accessible from MyCState-- is no longer accessible.
Chief Information Officer Frankie Baker said this decision was made due to low usage of the resource and budget challenges.
If you see references to Hoonuit or Atomic Learning on College online and/or print materials, please notify Frankie (firstname.lastname@example.org).
I-75 & I-74 Construction Update (Aug. 26-29)
The Ohio Department of Transportation has scheduled overnight projects near the Clifton Campus related to major reconstruction of I-75 & I-74.
Monday, Aug. 26 -
- Single lane closure on the ramp from north I-75 to west I-74 from 8 p.m. Monday until 6 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 27.
- Close the ramp from south I-75 to west I-74 from 11 p.m. until 5 a.m. Tuesday. Traffic will be detoured using south I-75 to Hopple Street to west I-74.
- Short-term full closures on I-74 and I-75 within the work zone from midnight until 4 a.m. Tuesday. Traffic will be maintained with law enforcement officers.
Tuesday, Aug. 27 -
- Single lane closure on the ramp from north I-75 to west I-74 from 8 p.m. Tuesday until 6 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 28.
- Short-term full closures on I-74 and I-75 within the work zone from midnight until 4 a.m. Wednesday. Traffic will be maintained with law enforcement officers.
Wednesday, Aug. 28 -
- Single lane closure on the ramp from north I-75 to west I-74 from 8 p.m. Wednesday until 6 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 29.
- Single lane closure on east I-74 from Montana to the I-75 interchange from 8 p.m until 6 a.m. Thursday.
- Short-term full closures on I-74 and I-75 within the work zone from midnight until 4 a.m. Thursday. Traffic will be maintained with law enforcement officers.
Thursday, Aug. 29 -
- Single lane closure on the ramp from north I-75 to west I-74 from two hours after the Bengals/Cincinnati Bearcats' football games until 6 a.m. Friday, Aug. 30.
- Short-term full closures on I-74 and I-75 within the work zone from midnight until 4 a.m. Friday. Traffic will be maintained with law enforcement officers.
Arrow boards and/or signs will alert motorists of the work zone and restrictions. All work is contingent upon the weather.
To help ensure the safety of the construction workers as well as the traveling public, motorists should remain alert, reduce their speed, and watch for stopped traffic while passing through the work zone. Remember, move over or slow down.
For ongoing traffic, construction, and and weather-related information, please check www.OHGO.com.
- Faculty member Christian Appleby wins national video award
- Faculty: Look for Starfish Progress Surveys
- Need to reserve a room? Use these e-forms
- New Bakery Hill special: Hot Breakfast choices
- Black History Month offers activities & displays
- Printer connections are changing (and you need to reconnect)
- College Closed Feb. 17 for Presidents' Day
- "Voices of CState" speaker series begins Feb. 19
- Happy Valentine's Day...
- Academic Calendar for 2020-21 is approved
- Fri. 2/21 - Free Coffee Friday with Amy Wagner
- Fri. 2/21 - College Info Session
- Sat. 2/22 - Ohio Kings basketball
- Mon. 2/24 - Common Time: Service Anniversary Awards
- Tue. 2/25 - College Info Session
- Wed. 2/26 - Job Search Workshop
- Wed. 2/26 - Job Search Workshop
- Thu. 2/27 - College Info Evening Session
- Fri. 2/28 - Free Coffee Friday with Kim Vasko
- Fri. 2/28 - College Info Session