Rep. Davidson visited Middletown Campus
State Representative Warren Davidson (on right in photo), who represents Ohio's Eighth Congressional District, visited Cincinnati State's Middletown Campus on Aug. 8.
While on campus, Rep. Davidson visited some classrooms, spoke briefly with some students and faculty members, and received an update on the College and activities in Middletown and Butler County.
President Monica Posey led the activities with Rep. Davidson, along with Provost Robbin Hoopes, Workforce Development Vice President Amy Waldbillig, Chief of Institutional Advancement Elliott Ruther, and Interim Director of Middletown Campus Tom Hale (on left in photo).
Rep. Davidson has participated in past College events including the Middletown Scholarship Recognition & Appreciation event, and he has met with Dr. Posey during past sessions of the National Community College Legislative Summit.
Learn more about Career Coach at Sep. 19 training
The Cincinnati State Career Center will offer training sessions for College faculty and staff members in use of Career Coach on Thursday, Sep. 19, at 1 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.
Cincinnati State's Career Coach site is https://cincinnatistate.emsicc.com.
Career Coach is an online tool that helps prospective and current students clarify their career options, learn about Cincinnati State degree and certificate programs, and learn about the Greater Cincinnati job market, including salary information for local job opportunities.
Training will be led by personnel from Emsi (EconomicModeling.com), the company that created Career Coach. Topics include:
- Understanding the Career Coach tool and how the Career Coach data is compiled.
- Understanding how to help students and prospective students connect to Career Coach.
- Asking questions about the product.
More information will be available soon on how to register for the training sessions.
If you have questions, contact Career Center Manager Kelly Harper at firstname.lastname@example.org or 569-4242.
Student Activities calendar for Fall is available
The Student Activities Office has published the Fall Semester Calendar of activities.
To download a copy, click here. This is a large (13 MB) PDF file and may take a moment to download.
The Student Activities Calendar also is available on the College website at https://www.cincinnatistate.edu/students/campus-life/student-activities/events.
Fall Common Time schedule announced
The schedule of Common Time programs planned for Fall Semester 2019 is now available.
Updates to the schedule are posted (as they occur) on the College intranet. To view the most recent schedule information, go to:
- How the College Works > Academics > Common Time > Common Time Schedule.
Revised Operations Manual posted
An updated edition of the College Operations Manual (revision date Aug. 20, 2019) is posted on the College intranet.
You can download the revised manual from two intranet locations:
- Manuals and Documents > Operations Manual
- Human Resources > Professional and Organizational Development > Operations Manual
Three sections of the Operations Manual have changes:
- 7.0 Performance Management - Deleted sentence at end of third paragraph: “The outcome of the meeting and subsequent recommendation shall be one of the following.”
- 10.2 Institutional Review Board Policy - Updated with information regarding requirements and processes for employees conducting research.
- 10.13 Travel Policy - Personal automobile section updated to clarify calculation of mileage between primary work location, business meeting, and home.
If you have questions about the Operations Manual, contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
Culinary Students: Clean out your locker
Lockers used by Culinary students are to be emptied between semesters, when no labs are in session.
On Wednesday, Aug. 21, starting at 1 p.m., all Culinary lockers in ATLC 027 and ATLC 230 will be emptied by College staff, including cutting off locks, if needed.
So if you're a Culinary student (or you know a Culinary student), consider yourself warned....
I-75 & I-74 Construction Update (Aug. 19-22)
The Ohio Department of Transportation has scheduled overnight projects near the Clifton Campus related to major reconstruction of I-75 & I-74.
Monday, Aug. 19, through Wednesday, Aug. 21 -
- Various lane closures on north I-75 from Monmouth Street to Mitchell Avenue nightly from 8 p.m. until 6 a.m. the following day.
- Single lane closure on the ramp from north I-75 to west I-74 nightly from 8 p.m. until 6 a.m. the following day.
- Short-term full closures on I-75 and I-74 within the work zone between nightly midnight and 4 a.m. the following day. Traffic will be maintained with law enforcement officers.
Thursday, Aug. 22 -
- Various lane closures on north I-75 from Monmouth Street to Mitchell Avenue from two hours after completion of the Bengals game until 6 a.m. Friday, Aug. 23.
- Single lane closure on the ramp from north I-75 to west I-74 from two hours after completion of the Bengals game until 6 a.m. Friday.
- Short-term full closures on I-75 and I-74 within the work zone between midnight and 4 a.m. Friday. Traffic will be maintained with law enforcement officers.
Arrow boards and/or signs will alert motorists of the work zone and restrictions. All work is contingent upon the weather.
To help ensure the safety of the construction workers as well as the traveling public, motorists should remain alert, reduce their speed, and watch for stopped traffic while passing through the work zone. Remember, move over or slow down.
For ongoing traffic, construction, and and weather-related information, please check www.OHGO.com.
- Faculty member Christian Appleby wins national video award
- Faculty: Look for Starfish Progress Surveys
- Need to reserve a room? Use these e-forms
- New Bakery Hill special: Hot Breakfast choices
- Black History Month offers activities & displays
- Printer connections are changing (and you need to reconnect)
- College Closed Feb. 17 for Presidents' Day
- "Voices of CState" speaker series begins Feb. 19
- Happy Valentine's Day...
- Academic Calendar for 2020-21 is approved
- Fri. 2/21 - Free Coffee Friday with Amy Wagner
- Fri. 2/21 - College Info Session
- Sat. 2/22 - Ohio Kings basketball
- Mon. 2/24 - Common Time: Service Anniversary Awards
- Tue. 2/25 - College Info Session
- Wed. 2/26 - Job Search Workshop
- Wed. 2/26 - Job Search Workshop
- Thu. 2/27 - College Info Evening Session
- Fri. 2/28 - Free Coffee Friday with Kim Vasko
- Fri. 2/28 - College Info Session