Academic calendar for 2019-20 approved by Trustees
The calendar approved at the Board meeting on June 25 includes a 15-week "full semester" in Fall, Spring, and Summer, and has a 10-week session within each semester, including Summer.
A 13-week summer session is not used in Summer 2020.
(Click the image above to download a copy of the calendar approved by the Trustees.)
Provost Robbin Hoopes told the Trustees there were three guiding considerations for development of the calendar:
- Meeting requirements of the Ohio Department of Higher Education and other accreditors regarding academic timelines for a semester
- Maximizing opportunities for student enrollment, especially in Spring and Summer semesters
- Allowing appropriate time for business processes such as recording and publishing grades
Provost Hoopes said he considered input from some faculty members and administrators prior to finalizing the calendar.
At the Board meeting, Trustee Barbara Turner asked if students were surveyed about the calendar.
Provost Hoopes said a survey was not conducted, but he believed, based on the input he received, that extending the time students can enroll for Spring Semester and eliminating Spring Break could lead to improved enrollment and retention for Spring.
Provost Hoopes also said he has discussed with the Faculty Senate the establishment of a new Calendar Committee that would be charged with creating a 5-year plan for future academic calendars.
Cashier's services will relocate to Student Activities office (July 5 only)
On Friday, July 5, the Cashier's services will move-- just for the day-- into the Student Activities Office in ATLC Room 204.
The countertop in front of the Cashier's/Parking windows is scheduled for refinishing on July 5, so the windows will be unavailable that day.
Payments can still be made online on July 5.
Scholarships presented at Middletown Campus
Cincinnati State Middletown hosted the annual Scholarship Recognition event on June 20 at The Windamere in downtown Middletown.
Dr. Monica Posey and other College officials awarded 13 scholarships to students who will attend the College in Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 semesters.
Cincinnati State appreciates continuing support from scholarship donors and from the City of Middletown.
Scholarship recipients seen in the the photo above include:
- Front row (from left): Morgan Lewis, Associate of Arts; Sarah Baker, Early Childhood Education; Dr. Posey; Brie Khatiwada, Nursing; Joseph Parrish, Associate of Arts & Addiction Studies Certificate
- Back row (from left): Skylar Northern, Paralegal; Charlene Guthrie, Pre-Business Administration; Jeffrey Richmond, Business Management; Emily Gross, Nursing; Corean Bird, Associate of Arts & Addiction Studies Certificate
- Not in photo: Kaitlyn Collins, Diagnostic Medical Sonography-Cardiovascular; Johnna Woodward, Nursing; Sarah Neff, Diagnostic Medical Sonography–General Imaging; Wesley Carter, Culinary Arts
Condolences to the family of Mark McLean
- Faculty member Christian Appleby wins national video award
- Faculty: Look for Starfish Progress Surveys
- Need to reserve a room? Use these e-forms
- New Bakery Hill special: Hot Breakfast choices
- Black History Month offers activities & displays
- Printer connections are changing (and you need to reconnect)
- College Closed Feb. 17 for Presidents' Day
- "Voices of CState" speaker series begins Feb. 19
- Happy Valentine's Day...
- Academic Calendar for 2020-21 is approved
- Fri. 2/21 - Free Coffee Friday with Amy Wagner
- Fri. 2/21 - College Info Session
- Sat. 2/22 - Ohio Kings basketball
- Mon. 2/24 - Common Time: Service Anniversary Awards
- Tue. 2/25 - College Info Session
- Wed. 2/26 - Job Search Workshop
- Wed. 2/26 - Job Search Workshop
- Thu. 2/27 - College Info Evening Session
- Fri. 2/28 - Free Coffee Friday with Kim Vasko
- Fri. 2/28 - College Info Session