New students should schedule appointments for Placement Testing
The Testing Center has announced that starting immediately, students should schedule appointments to take the Accuplacer Placement Test, Microsoft Office Exams, or Math Exams.
Scheduling an appointment will help provide more efficient support for all those who need testing services.
Appointments should be scheduled online at cincinnatistate.edu/testing.
Students may schedule testing appointments during the following hours:
- Monday & Tuesday - 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday - 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The Testing Center also is open from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. during Saturday "Admit Me" days on July 13 and August 3.
Fitness Walk is Friday, June 21 (weather permitting)
The Celebrating Community Committee invites all employees to lace up your walking shoes for "Fitness Friday" on June 21.
- If it's not raining, participants should plan to meet at the flagpole in front of the Main Building at noon on June 21.
(If this Friday is a bad weather day, the walk will be rescheduled for June 28.)
- The group will walk to Valley Park in Camp Washington, less than a mile from Clifton Campus.
- Bring a healthy lunch or snack, and a drink.
- The group will return to campus no later than 2 p.m., and fast walkers will probably return sooner.
If you have questions, contact CCC member Milene Donlin (email@example.com).
Blackboard maintenance on June 21 & Colleague maintenance on June 23
On Friday, June 21, from 2 to 6 a.m., Blackboard will be performing system maintenance.
While Blackboard anticipates no interruption in service during this time, it's possible users will experience brief periods of intermittent connectivity or a quick restart of services.
Instructors should let students know about this potential Blackboard service interruption.
On Sunday, June 23, from 7 a.m. to noon, Cincinnati State will be performing maintenance on the Colleague system, which will result in an interruption of service.
BLOCK Fest learning event on June 25 is open to families
Members of the Cincinnati State community with children ages 8 months through 8 years are invited to a BLOCK Fest family event on Tuesday, June 25, from 4 to 5 p.m. in Main Building Room 128 on Clifton Campus.
BLOCK Fest® is a research-based experience that helps raise awareness of early math and science learning.
Through a series of hands-on block play stations, parents, students, and teachers learn more about the importance of math and science learning as part of young children's school readiness and later math success.
BLOCK Fest was developed and piloted by the University of Idaho Parents as Teachers Demonstration Project in 2005.
In 2009, the University of Idaho awarded licensing rights for BLOCK Fest to Twiga Foundation, Inc., an organization dedicated to inspiring, promoting, and maintaining family-consciousness in the home, the workplace, and the community.
During the week of June 24, the CState Early Childhood Education (ECE) program will host several BLOCK Fest events for the William L. Mallory Early Learning Center children and staff members.
- Students in the Early Childhood Education program will complete training and serve as event facilitators under the guidance of certified BLOCK Fest Hosts and ECE faculty.
- Cincinnati State’s Upward Bound students also will observe and engage in a BLOCK Fest event as a career exploration activity.
For more information, contact Denise Gabrelski in the Parenting Resource Center at 569-4793 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
BLOCK Fest activities at Cincinnati State are made possible through grants from The John A Schroth Family Charitable Trust through the PNC Charitable Trust Grant Review Committee, and the U.S. Department of Education.
Tornado Relief donations due by June 24
The Cincy 4 Christ Club at Cincinnati State reminds members of the College community that Monday, June 24, is the deadline for donating to assist people who were affected by the Memorial Day tornados in Dayton and Celina.
You can bring donations to the Student Activities Office (ATLC 204).
Matthew 25 Ministries will pick up the donations from the College and coordinate the distribution process.
Items needed include:
- Non-perishable food in pull-top containers, and bottled water
- Personal care supplies: soap, shampoo/conditioner, toothpaste, and toothbrushes
- Baby and infant supplies: formula, diapers, and wipes
- Cleaning products: detergent and dish soap
- Home item: towels, sheets, and blankets
- Gift cards that can be used to purchase needed item, and gas cards
A list of all needed items, and information about how to make a online monetary donation, are provided on the Matthew 25 Ministries Tornado Relief webpage.
The Cincy 4 Christ Club thanks you for joining the relief efforts.
Horticulture Club says thanks for your support
The Cincinnati State Horticulture Club thanks everyone in the College community who supported the annual Greenhouse Sale.
Greenhouse Manager Kelly Wanstrath said this year's sale brought in more funds than last year. Proceeds are used to help Horticulture students participate in the National Collegiate Landscape Competition.
In addition, Kelly said many plants were donated to local non-profit organizations including community gardens, churches, the Northern Kentucky PRIDE event, and children's gardens.
Also, food was harvested and donated to an organization that makes free meals for the needy.
Kelly said, "It has been bountiful year for many, and we hope your plants are flourishing!"
Condolences to the family of Lefty Pitman
Lloyd Leonard "Lefty" Pitman, Jr., one of the four original faculty members for Cincinnati Technical College, died June 13, 2019.
Lefty was a graduate of the University of Cincinnati and played center on the UC Bearcat football team. He also earned a Master's degree at Xavier University.
At CTC Lefty taught Principles of Marketing, Business Management, and Business Law until his retirement in 1994.
Funeral services were held June 18.
Memorials may be directed to the donor’s favorite charity. Messages of condolence may be shared online at https://www.neidhardyoungfuneralhome.com/obituaries/Lloyd-Pitman/#!/Obituary.
- Join the "We Teach" marketing campaign with your action photos
- Provost's Update recordings are posted on College intranet
- Theresa Johnson Retirement Celebration moved to Nov. 19
- Reminder: No in-person transactions at the Cashier's Office this semester
- College-wide committee members for 2020-21 announced
- Chef Yek will lead "cook-along" event for Cincy Museum Center on Oct. 23
- Main Building Recovery Project - Progress Report for Oct. 19
- Online Learning Support for Oct. 19-23
- Writing Center expands remote tutoring on weekends
- College Catalog for 2020-21 is available as printable PDF
- Mon. 10/26 - Virtual College Info Session
- Tue. 10/27 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 10/27 - Board of Trustees Meeting
- Tue. 10/27 - Virtual College Info Session
- Wed. 10/28 - Virtual College Info Session
- Thu. 10/29 - Virtual College Info Session
- Fri. 10/30 - Virtual College Info Session
- Mon. 11/2 - Virtual College Info Session - Culinary & Food Science Bachelor's Degree
- Mon. 11/2 - Virtual College Info Session
- Tue. 11/3 - Provost's Academic Update