Celebrate ArtsWave campaign wrap-up at June 10 party for all employees
Cincinnati State's ArtsWave Campaign concludes on Monday, June 10, with a celebration open to all employees, at the Summit Restaurant, from 4 to 5:30 p.m.
Celebration activities include:
- live music
- free appetizers
- beverages to purchase (including beer for $2)
- pop-a-shot contest
- give-aways including lunch with Dr. Posey (4 winners), lunch at the Summit for you and 3 guests you choose, a reserved parking spot for Fall Semester, and other valuable prizes
(Click the image above for a larger copy of the poster for today's event.)
President Monica Posey, who serves as an ArtsWave Trustee, encourages everyone to attend this gathering.
"If you already contributed to the College's ArtsWave Campaign, thank you-- and if you haven't, there's still time to show your support for arts organizations throughout the region," Dr. Posey said.
- Pledge cards will be available at the celebration, or send a message to Kim Taylor in the Development Office (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- You can donate by check or through payroll deduction (fill out the payroll deduction section of the pledge form)
- Or, contribute online at Cincinnati State's ArtsWave portal: https://give.artswave.org/cstate
Maya Franklin received OCEA Co-op Educator Award
Maya Franklin, Cooperative Education Coordinator in the Business Division, was awarded the Ohio Cooperative Education Association (OCEA) Educator of the Year Award for 2019.
Maya (in center of photo) received the award at the OCEA Spring Conference on May 23.
Maya has served on the Executive Board of OCEA for the past five years and has chaired the Awards and Scholarship committees.
OCEA is a non-profit professional association for employers and educators involved with cooperative education and internships. Organization activities include research, student scholarships, and professional development opportunities for members.
The Educator of the Year Award is presented to a co-op/internship coordinator, a program director, or a faculty member involved in cooperative education and/or internships.
Business Division Interim Dean Yvonne Baker said, "We're proud that Maya has been recognized for her leadership in cooperative education and pleased that she represents Cincinnati State in the state-wide co-op organization."
Greenhouse Sale has a few annuals remaining
This is your last week to shop the Horticulture Club Sale at the Clifton Campus Greenhouse.
Greenhouse Manager Kelly Wanstrath said a few annuals are left, and you can stop by on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday, until everything is gone.
Kelly said there are no set hours this week, so you might want to get in touch with her ahead of your trip (email@example.com).
- Parking is available in the small lot in front of the Greenhouse. Access to the lot is a short driveway located between Ludlow Ave. and the Ludlow Garage entrance.
- All proceeds from the annual sale support student participation in the National Collegiate Landscape Competition.
Students: Employers are visiting the Career Center this summer
Cincinnati State's Career Center reminds students that Employer Information Tables are available throughout June and July.
Students interested in talking to job recruiters can visit the Career Center (ATLC 215) between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. on the days listed below.
Details about job opportunities are available in the Career Center, and will be provided on the Career Center Facebook page: www.facebook.com/CStateCareerCenter.
Visiting employers are:
- Tuesday, June 11– Scribe America
- Wednesday, June 12 – Staff Management/SMX
- Thursday, June 13 – Scribe America
- Tuesday, June 18 – ChildCare Careers
- Wednesday, June 19 – FedEx
- Thursday, June 20 – TriHealth
- Tuesday, June 25 – Just Energy
- Wednesday, June 26 – Kable Staffing
- Thursday, June 27 – College Nannies, Sitters, and Tutors
- Tuesday, July 2 – Atrium Hospitality
- Tuesday, July 9 - Staff Management/SMX
- Wednesday, July 10 – Kable Staffing
- Thursday, July 11 - FedEx
Center for Teaching & Learning starts Summer hours
Beginning Monday, June 10, and continuing through July 10, the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) is open for walk-in assistance on Mondays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
During walk-in visits you can talk with CTL Director Julee Johns about ideas centered on teaching and learning, or complete brief activities (15-30 min.) facilitated by the CTL.
Julee also is available on Tuesdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. for appointments and meetings, and on Fridays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. for appointments.
Make an appointment if you want assistance developing, troubleshooting, or discussing a topic of concern.
CTL Summer Workshops will be announced as they are scheduled.
For more information about CTL services, call Julee at 569-1724 or send email to CTL@cincinnatistate.edu.
Faculty: Look for Starfish Progress Surveys
Starfish Early Alert Progress Surveys for the 4th week of Summer Semester courses are available to faculty starting today, June 10.
Your survey responses help monitor and assist the academic progress of students in specified classes and student support programs.
Faculty members receive an email message to let you know if you need to complete Progress Surveys for your students.
The online Progress Surveys are available in the Starfish tab of Blackboard, and need to be completed by Wednesday, June 19.
If you have questions about using Starfish, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I-75 & I-74 Construction Update (Jun. 10)
The Ohio Department of Transportation has scheduled overnight projects near the Clifton Campus related to major reconstruction of I-75 & I-74.
Monday, June 10 -
- Single lane closure on north I-75 from the Western Hills Viaduct to the Hopple Street exit from 8 p.m. Monday until 6 a.m. Tuesday, June 11.
- Single lane closure on east I-74 from just west of Montana Avenue to the Colerain/Beekman exit from midnight until 6 a.m. Tuesday.
- Close the ramp from west I-74 to Colerain Avenue from 10 p.m. until 5 a.m. Tuesday.
- Short-term full closures on I-74 and I-75 within the work zone between midnight and 4 a.m. Tuesday.
Arrow boards and/or signs will alert motorists of the work zone and restrictions. All work is contingent upon the weather.
To help ensure the safety of the construction workers as well as the traveling public, motorists should remain alert, reduce their speed, and watch for stopped traffic while passing through the work zone. Remember, move over or slow down.
For ongoing traffic, construction, and and weather-related information, please check www.OHGO.com.
- Culinary Students: Clean out your locker
- Learn more about Career Coach at Sep. 19 training
- I-75 & I-74 Construction Update (Aug. 19-22)
- Rep. Davidson visited Middletown Campus
- Revised Operations Manual posted
- Fall Common Time schedule announced
- Student Activities calendar for Fall is available
- Watch out for trucks on Clifton Campus Aug. 16 & 19
- I-75 & I-74 Construction Update (Aug. 16)
- Preview CState's 50th Anniversary celebration at "State-of-the-College" lunch on Aug. 30
- Thu. 8/22 - CTL Symposium
- Mon. 8/26 - Fall Semester 2019 begins
- Tue. 8/27 - College Info Session
- Tue. 8/27 - Retirement Party for Chief Mike Wylie
- Tue. 8/27 - College Info Evening Session
- Fri. 8/30 - Employee Luncheon - State of the College Address & 50th Anniversary Preview
- Mon. 9/2 - College closed - Labor Day
- Tue. 9/3 - College Info Session
- Tue. 9/3 - College Info Evening Session
- Mon. 9/9 - Common Time: College Updates