Accounting students attended Career Leadership Conference
Four Cincinnati State accounting students were invited participants in the Ohio CPA Foundation’s Accounting Careers Leadership Academy, held May 16-17 in Columbus, Ohio.
The Cincinnati State representatives-- (in photo, from left) Adrian Harris, Nana Yaa Agyemang, Malachie Massamba, and Rodrigue Daye-- were the only students from a two-year college selected to attend the all-expenses-paid conference.
Other participating students were from Ohio State, Kent State, the University of Cincinnati, and Case Western Reserve University.
Accounting Professor Yvonne Baker, currently serving as Interim Dean of the Business Division, said the Accounting Careers Leadership Academy is designed to assist accounting majors from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in the field.
"The Academy provides students with tools needed to succeed in accounting careers and to prepare for the CPA exam," Yvonne said.
Conference participants represented first-generation college students, people of color, people with a disability, veterans, and LGBTQ students.
The Academy was sponsored by Marathon Petroleum, EY, Deloitte, Schneider Downs, Clark Schaefer Hackett, and PwC.
New procedures for P-Card receipts
The Purchasing Department is notifying all employees who use P-Cards (Purchasing Cards) that effective immediately, you must turn in all receipts using the SDg2 5/3rd System.
(The Daily News staff does not have P-Card privileges, so we cannot explain what the SDg2 5/3rd System is. Presumably those who have P-Cards will understand everything in this article.)
According to the Purchasing Department, no exceptions to the new procedure will be granted.
If you don't upload your receipts in the SDg2 5/3rd System, your approval possibilities lie in the hands (and computer systems) of the supervisor who approves your P-Card transactions.
To upload your receipts, follow the steps below. If you need help with this process, call Ruth Miller in Purchasing at 569-5784.
- Create a desktop folder for your receipts
- Scan and label each receipt you place the folder
- Log into the P-Card system
- Select the appropriate Reporting Cycle
- On the far right of each transaction, you'll see a small black square that contains a cloud and an up-arrow
- Click the square/cloud/up-arrow icon
- Find the applicable receipt in your folder, and be sure to click the ADD button
- Then, enter your transaction description and correct GL number
- Then, mark the Reviewed box
- Be sure you click the Blue Floppy Disc button to SAVE all information for each transaction
If you have questions about the new receipt submission procedure, contact CFO Chris Calvert (email@example.com or 569-1586).
Students: Visit Grand Canyon U in AZ for free; view Transfer Center June Calendar
The Cincinnati State Transfer Center asks faculty and staff members to help inform students about "Destination GCU" -- an all-expenses-paid one-day tour of the Grand Canyon University campus in Phoenix, Arizona.
- The tour day is Tuesday, June 25, from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- The tour opportunity is available to 2018 or 2019 associate's degree graduates of Cincinnati State who have genuine interest in a GCU bachelor's degree program. (Visit https://www.gcu.edu/degree-programs for a complete list of programs.)
- Students will fly to Phoenix on Monday, June 24, and can choose to return either Tuesday night (overnight "red eye" flight) or Wednesday morning.
- Available spaces will be filled on a "first come, first serve" basis.
Students interested in this opportunity should contact the Transfer Center Coordinator, Dr. Myshamil Walker, as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org or (513) 569-1884.
The Transfer Center has released the June calendar of visits from representatives of four-year colleges and universities.
Students who are thinking about transfer to a bachelor's degree program after graduating from CState are encouraged to meet with advisors from visiting schools to get more information about opportunities and requirements.
No appointment is needed; just stop by the Transfer Center in ATLC Room 221 on Clifton Campus, near Bakery Hill.
The Transfer Center is open this Summer on Monday through Thursday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
To view the Transfer Center visitor schedule for June, click the link below.
It's BOGO time at the Greenhouse
The Horticulture Club Plant and Flower Sale at the Clifton Campus Greenhouse has slashed prices-- it's now "buy one, get one free" for all items, as long as supplies last.
The sale continues 3 days a week until everything is gone-- so don't wait too long!
- Shop on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- The sale includes annuals, perennials, tropicals, succulents, veggies, and herbs cultivated by Cincinnati State students.
- Parking is available in the small lot in front of the Greenhouse. Access to the lot is a short driveway located between Ludlow Ave. and the Ludlow Garage entrance.
All proceeds from the annual sale support student participation in the National Collegiate Landscape Competition.
For more information, contact Greenhouse Manager Kelly Wanstrath (email@example.com).
Cold Brew Coffee is Bakery Hill special for June
The featured beverage for June at Bakery Hill is a 16 oz. Cold Brew Coffee, for $3.00.
Cold brew coffee is not just hot coffee with ice-- it's sweeter and less acidic than hot brewed coffee.
According to numerous sources, cold brew coffee provides several health benefits including improved mood and brain function. (However, research is still underway.)
Your Cold Brew Coffee may not look identical to the photo... but is sure to bring a boost to your day... so stop by and try it!
Save-the-date for Convocation 2019
Cincinnati State's 2019 Employee Convocation will take place Friday, November 8, 2019.
No classes will be held on Nov. 8. Students will have a "long weekend" break, since the College will be closed for Veteran's Day on Monday, Nov. 11.
Additional information about Convocation activities will be provided in the future.
- Farmer's Market for students on Dec. 12
- Brewing Jobs Fair welcomed industry professionals
- Bakery Hill closes at 10 a.m. on Dec. 13
- Retirees were honored at Annual Holiday Lunch
- Office hour changes in Dec. and/or Jan? Let Daily News know.
- WDC hosts "Thank You" Open House on Dec. 10
- Poinsettia sale is over (no plants left to sell)
- CState Food Pantry gets support from Brownie Troop
- Fall Common Time recordings are posted on intranet
- Practical Nursing students worked with Mallory Center for clinical experience
- Thu. 12/12 - College Info Evening Session
- Fri. 12/13 - Free Coffee Friday with Dr. Denise Rohr
- Fri. 12/13 - College Info Session
- Sat. 12/14 - Fall Semester Last Day
- Mon. 12/16 - No classes; offices open
- Tue. 12/17 - No classes; offices open
- Tue. 12/17 - College Info Session
- Wed. 12/18 - No classes; offices open
- Thu. 12/19 - No classes; offices open
- Thu. 12/19 - College Info Evening Session