Board of Trustees meeting on May 28
The Cincinnati State Board of Trustees is scheduled to meet in regular session on Tuesday, May 28, 2019, starting at 3:45 p.m. in the Conference Center on Clifton Campus.
The meeting is open to the public.
The meeting agenda is as follows:
Call To Order
Sunshine Law Compliance Announcement
- Approval of the Proceedings of the Regular Board Meeting of Apr. 23, 2019
- Consideration of Items for Possible Addition to Agenda
- Recognition of Accomplishments Reflective of the College Mission
- Consent Agenda for Recurring Items
- Personnel Reports
- Facilities & Capital Projects Reports
- Public Safety Monthly Incident Reports
- Finance Report
- Fiscal Year 2020 Budget Presentation
- Resolution Regarding Tuition & Fees
- Resolution to Transfer Ownership of 2 N. Main Street, Middletown
- Resolution & Approval of Contracts
- Academic Quality & Student Learning Updates / Higher Learning Commission Update
Status of the College Community
- Student Engagement & Education / Student Activities Report
- President’s Report
- Chairperson's Report & Trustee Association Report
The next meeting of the Board of Trustees is scheduled for June 25, 2019, at 3:45 p.m., in the Conference Center on Clifton Campus.
Student Success/Completion Area Plan updates due May 31
The Student Success & Completion Plan steering committee reminds College employees in student services and support areas that your updates to the Student Success & Completion Plan are due (to designated Executive Team leaders) on Friday, May 31.
The May updates are a follow up to work completed in Fall 2018, which focused on developing departmental objectives that have an impact on the Cincinnati State student experience.
The Fall 2018 documents are posted on the College intranet: College Plans > Current Student Success and Completion Plan > 2018 Current Student Success and Completion Plan Area Plans.
Updates should report on the status of each objective described in the Fall 2018 Area Plan, and provide evidence of metrics and milestones achieved. The Update also can include new objectives for the coming year.
If you have questions, contact Michele Geers or Soni Hill.
Departments with updates due May 31 are:
- Admissions & Career Center
- Campus Life (including Student Activities & Athletics)
- College Access Programs (including TRiO & Upward Bound)
- Counseling Services
- Disability Services
- Finance & Bursar
- Financial Aid
- Human Resources
- Information Technology Services
- Institutional Advancement
- Institutional Research
- International Students
- Registrar & Testing
- Veteran Students
- Workforce Development Center
Reminder: College Drive closed on May 24
Portions of College Drive are inaccessible on Friday, May 24 because of work on Clifton Campus related to the boiler replacement project.
The drive is open from Central Parkway to Lot D (employee parking near the Main Building).
Access to Lot A employee parking is not affected, and those who enter the Ludlow Garage via Ludlow Avenue are not affected.
- On May 24, barriers are in place at the top of College Drive (where you would turn left if not going into Lot D), to prohibit access to the portion of the drive in front of the Main Building (and beyond).
- The barriers will remain in place until work is completed.
- Signs placed near the College Drive entrance from Central Parkway warn drivers about the restrictions.
Access to the drive is restricted because a large crane will be in front of the Main Building to assist with the boiler project.
If you have questions about parking or driving access, contact Chief of Campus Police Mike Wylie (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Reminder: College closed on May 27
All Cincinnati State campuses are closed on Monday, May 27, in recognition of Memorial Day.
Classes resume Tuesday, May 28.
The next new edition of Daily News will be published on Wednesday, May 29.
Memorial Day Postcard, 1909. Image from www.usmemorialday.org
- Loaner laptops still available for Summer students; new efforts underway for Fall technology needs
- Spotlight on Service: Co-op student helped Gorman Farm before and during pandemic
- College (virtually) closed for Memorial Day on May 25
- College Credit Plus hosts Virtual Orientation on May 28
- Board of Trustees Meeting on May 26
- No-show rules clarified for remote classes
- ArtsWave campaign ends May 22
- CARES Act emergency funds available to CState students
- Career Center webinars help with "Moving Beyond Undecided"
- CState Environmental students have new bachelor's pathway at NKU
- - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Thu. 5/28 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Thu. 5/28 - College Credit Plus Virtual Orientation
- Thu. 5/28 - Virtual College Info Session
- Fri. 5/29 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Mon. 6/1 - First day of Summer Semester (10-week classes)
- Mon. 6/1 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Mon. 6/1 - College Info Session
- Mon. 6/1 - College Info Session
- Mon. 6/1 - College Info Evening Session