Board of Trustees meeting on May 28
The Cincinnati State Board of Trustees is scheduled to meet in regular session on Tuesday, May 28, 2019, starting at 3:45 p.m. in the Conference Center on Clifton Campus.
The meeting is open to the public.
The meeting agenda is as follows:
Call To Order
Sunshine Law Compliance Announcement
- Approval of the Proceedings of the Regular Board Meeting of Apr. 23, 2019
- Consideration of Items for Possible Addition to Agenda
- Recognition of Accomplishments Reflective of the College Mission
- Consent Agenda for Recurring Items
- Personnel Reports
- Facilities & Capital Projects Reports
- Public Safety Monthly Incident Reports
- Finance Report
- Fiscal Year 2020 Budget Presentation
- Resolution Regarding Tuition & Fees
- Resolution to Transfer Ownership of 2 N. Main Street, Middletown
- Resolution & Approval of Contracts
- Academic Quality & Student Learning Updates / Higher Learning Commission Update
Status of the College Community
- Student Engagement & Education / Student Activities Report
- President’s Report
- Chairperson's Report & Trustee Association Report
The next meeting of the Board of Trustees is scheduled for June 25, 2019, at 3:45 p.m., in the Conference Center on Clifton Campus.
Student Success/Completion Area Plan updates due May 31
The Student Success & Completion Plan steering committee reminds College employees in student services and support areas that your updates to the Student Success & Completion Plan are due (to designated Executive Team leaders) on Friday, May 31.
The May updates are a follow up to work completed in Fall 2018, which focused on developing departmental objectives that have an impact on the Cincinnati State student experience.
The Fall 2018 documents are posted on the College intranet: College Plans > Current Student Success and Completion Plan > 2018 Current Student Success and Completion Plan Area Plans.
Updates should report on the status of each objective described in the Fall 2018 Area Plan, and provide evidence of metrics and milestones achieved. The Update also can include new objectives for the coming year.
If you have questions, contact Michele Geers or Soni Hill.
Departments with updates due May 31 are:
- Admissions & Career Center
- Campus Life (including Student Activities & Athletics)
- College Access Programs (including TRiO & Upward Bound)
- Counseling Services
- Disability Services
- Finance & Bursar
- Financial Aid
- Human Resources
- Information Technology Services
- Institutional Advancement
- Institutional Research
- International Students
- Registrar & Testing
- Veteran Students
- Workforce Development Center
Reminder: College Drive closed on May 24
Portions of College Drive are inaccessible on Friday, May 24 because of work on Clifton Campus related to the boiler replacement project.
The drive is open from Central Parkway to Lot D (employee parking near the Main Building).
Access to Lot A employee parking is not affected, and those who enter the Ludlow Garage via Ludlow Avenue are not affected.
- On May 24, barriers are in place at the top of College Drive (where you would turn left if not going into Lot D), to prohibit access to the portion of the drive in front of the Main Building (and beyond).
- The barriers will remain in place until work is completed.
- Signs placed near the College Drive entrance from Central Parkway warn drivers about the restrictions.
Access to the drive is restricted because a large crane will be in front of the Main Building to assist with the boiler project.
If you have questions about parking or driving access, contact Chief of Campus Police Mike Wylie (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Reminder: College closed on May 27
All Cincinnati State campuses are closed on Monday, May 27, in recognition of Memorial Day.
Classes resume Tuesday, May 28.
The next new edition of Daily News will be published on Wednesday, May 29.
Memorial Day Postcard, 1909. Image from www.usmemorialday.org
- Students and faculty represented CState at Alzheimer's Walk
- Common Time Oct. 14 is a Faculty Senate Forum
- Hispanic Heritage Week at CState begins Oct. 14
- "Big College Event" for students is Oct. 24
- Annual Fund Giving Challenge has another prize drawing today; BTD & HPS announce fundraisers
- I-75 & I-74 Construction Update (Oct. 9-11)
- TriHealth Mammography Van to visit CState
- Students: learn about P&G job opportunities at info sessions on Oct. 15 & 16
- Career Fair connected students and employers; more events coming soon
- Condolences to Jen Martin
- Mon. 10/14 - Hispanic Heritage Week: Spanish Class Presentations
- Mon. 10/14 - Counseling Center Workshop for students: Handling Anxiety & Stress
- Mon. 10/14 - Common Time: Faculty Senate Forum
- Tue. 10/15 - College Info Session
- Tue. 10/15 - Hispanic Heritage Week: "Coco" Film Screening
- Tue. 10/15 - Hispanic Heritage Week: "Day of the Dead" Exhibit
- Wed. 10/16 - Hispanic Heritage Week: "Day of the Dead" Exhibit
- Wed. 10/16 - "Passport to the World" International Student Celebration
- Thu. 10/17 - "Passport to the World" International Student Celebration
- Thu. 10/17 - Hispanic Heritage Week: "Day of the Dead" Exhibit