CState spirit helped energize "Girls on the Run"
Cincinnati State students, faculty members, and friends (including The Surge mascot) joined the Cheer Zone for "Girls on the Run" on May 11.
More than 1300 girls ages 8 to 13, and their adult running buddies, participated in the 5K walk/run along the Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky riverfront.
The Cincinnati State Surge mascot ran with some of the girls, and was a popular addition to many photos (above and below).
Cheer Zone members included Meredith Effler, Heather Hatchett, Jessi Loomis, Kathleen Pickens, Barb Ratliff, and Mark Tiemeier.
Students from the Honors Program, Phi Theta Kappa, and Student Government also supported the runners with cheers and high fives.
Girls on the Run is an international non-profit program designed to help adolescent girls develop appreciation for health and fitness, and at the same time build character, self-confidence, and motivation.
The Greater Cincinnati Girls on the Run organization was established in 2005. Their goal is “a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams.”
If you or your group/club would like to join the Cheer Zone for the fall Girls on the Run event on Nov. 16, contact Meredith (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The CState Cheer Zone in action
Runners & walkers stopped to pose with The Surge
Congratulations, Bryan Dell
College Admission Representative Bryan R. Dell, a 2013 graduate of Cincinnati State, has achieved additional academic success.
Bryan received the Master of Arts in Integrative Studies (MAIS) degree from Northern Kentucky University at the May 2019 NKU commencement ceremony. Bryan also completed an NKU certificate in Non-Profit Management.
Bryan earned a bachelor's degree in Social Work from NKU in 2014.
Co-op orientation sessions start May 21
Students who are planning on a cooperative education experience in Fall Semester 2019 or Spring Semester 2020 should attend a Co-op Orientation Session this summer.
Attending Co-op Orientation is a mandatory step in gaining eligibility for co-op experiences.
Co-op Orientation sessions on Clifton Campus:
- Tuesday, June 4 – 4 to 5 p.m. – Main Bldg Conference Center
- Wednesday, June 12 - noon to 1 p.m. – Main Bldg Conference Center
- Monday, June 17 – 6 to 7 p.m. – Main Bldg Conference Center
Co-op Orientation sessions on Middletown Campus:
- Tuesday, May 21 – 1 to 2 p.m.
- Monday, June 3 - 3 to 4 p.m.
To register for an Orientation session, go to the Career Link site at https://cincinnatistate-csm.symplicity.com/students.
- Your user name is your SurgeMail email address (including @cincinnatistate.edu)
- Your password is the same as your password for SurgeMail/ MyCState/Blackboard
- If you forgot your password, it must be reset through MyCState. Contact the ITS Helpdesk for assistance (513-569-1234).
Students who have already attended a Co-op Orientation session should schedule an appointment with their Cooperative Education Coordinator to start planning for a co-op or internship experience in Fall 2019 or Spring 2020.
I-75 & I-74 Construction Update (May 20-24)
The Ohio Department of Transportation has scheduled overnight projects near the Clifton Campus related to major reconstruction of I-75 & I-74.
Monday, May 20 -
- Short-term full closures on Spring Grove Avenue from the Mill Creek to Colerain Avenue between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m. Tuesday, May 21. Traffic will be maintained with law enforcement officers.
- Various lane closures on north and south I-75 between Monmouth and Mitchell from 8 p.m. until 6 a.m. Tuesday.
- Short-term full closures on I-74 and I-75 within the work zone from midnight until 4 a.m. Tuesday. Traffic will be maintained with law enforcement officers.
[updated] Tuesday, May 21 -
- Bridge demolition requires short-term, 15-minute closures of Spring Grove Ave. from the Mill Creek to Colerain Ave. between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m.
- Various lane closures on north and south I-75 between Monmouth St. and Mitchell Ave. between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m. Short-term complete closures (15-minute duration) may occur between 12 midnight and 4 a.m.
- Various lane closures on east I-74 from Montana Ave. to the I-75 interchange between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m. Short-term complete closures (15-minute duration) may occur between 12 midnight and 4 a.m.
[updated] Wednesday, May 23, and Thursday, May 24 -
- Short-term, 15-minute closures of Spring Grove Ave. from the Mill Creek to Colerain Ave. between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m.
- Close the ramp from south I-75 to west I-74 from 12 midnight to 5 a.m.
- (Wednesday only) Various lane closures on west I-74 from the I-75 interchange to Colerain Ave. between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m. Short-term complete closures (15-minute duration) may occur between 12 midnight and 4 a.m.
Arrow boards and/or signs will alert motorists of the work zone and restrictions. All work is contingent upon the weather.
To help ensure the safety of the construction workers as well as the traveling public, motorists should remain alert, reduce their speed, and watch for stopped traffic while passing through the work zone. Remember, move over or slow down.
For ongoing traffic, construction, and and weather-related information, please check www.OHGO.com.
- Students and faculty represented CState at Alzheimer's Walk
- Common Time Oct. 14 is a Faculty Senate Forum
- Hispanic Heritage Week at CState begins Oct. 14
- "Big College Event" for students is Oct. 24
- Annual Fund Giving Challenge has another prize drawing today; BTD & HPS announce fundraisers
- I-75 & I-74 Construction Update (Oct. 9-11)
- TriHealth Mammography Van to visit CState
- Students: learn about P&G job opportunities at info sessions on Oct. 15 & 16
- Career Fair connected students and employers; more events coming soon
- Condolences to Jen Martin
- Mon. 10/14 - Hispanic Heritage Week: Spanish Class Presentations
- Mon. 10/14 - Counseling Center Workshop for students: Handling Anxiety & Stress
- Mon. 10/14 - Common Time: Faculty Senate Forum
- Tue. 10/15 - College Info Session
- Tue. 10/15 - Hispanic Heritage Week: "Coco" Film Screening
- Tue. 10/15 - Hispanic Heritage Week: "Day of the Dead" Exhibit
- Wed. 10/16 - Hispanic Heritage Week: "Day of the Dead" Exhibit
- Wed. 10/16 - "Passport to the World" International Student Celebration
- Thu. 10/17 - "Passport to the World" International Student Celebration
- Thu. 10/17 - Hispanic Heritage Week: "Day of the Dead" Exhibit