Marketing Dept seeks your input for "CState Stories"
The College Marketing Department is asking all CState personnel to contribute to a survey focused on the unique credentials and experiences of the College's employees.
Survey results will be used to develop future marketing and advertising messages for the College.
The "Tell Your Story" survey will be distributed today, May 15, to those who did not complete it during Spring Semester.
- Look for College email from Lynn Sadowski (Institutional Research) with the subject line "Help Cincinnati State Marketing - Tell Your Story." Click the "Begin Survey" button in the email message to get started.
- The deadine for survey input is Friday, May 24.
VP Amy Waldbillig, who is leading this marketing inititative, said, "Cincinnati State employees have a wealth of experience and knowledge that may be unknown to others at the College and not known to the public at large."
"We hope all employees will take a few minutes to contribute to this effort, so we can share the full story about the attributes of the employees who make our College great!"
Focus on Tech Prep partnerships on May 17
Cincinnati State program chairs and faculty members in technology-related programs are invited to a Tech Prep "Bridges to Partnerships" event on Friday, May 17, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The event takes place in the Conference Center on Clifton Campus, and lunch is included.
Goals of the session are:
- Learn about secondary school career-tech education and how to connect with high school students and programs that align with Cincinnati State opportunities.
- Understand how career-tech credit is awarded through articulation and CTAG (Career-Technical Assurance Guides).
- Develop partnerships to build College enrollment and improve student outcomes.
- Gain resources to assist your program priorities.
Yvonne Kaszubowski, Warren County Career Development Coordinator, will share tips for supporting traditional college recruitment through faculty interaction with pre-college students and their parents.
The presentation will discuss strategic engagement with pre-college students at career fairs, expos, and other recruiting events, and methods for developing pathways to Cincinnati State for high school Tech Prep students.
Faculty members who attend "Bridges to Partnerships" will have opportunities to meet key administrators from several area schools to gain specific program information and learn more about partnership opportunities.
Participating schools include Butler Tech, Cincinnati Public Schools, Great Oaks Career Campuses, Grant Career Center, Southern Hills Career Technical Center, and Warren County Career Center.
If you plan to attend and have not already sent an RSVP, please send a message by Thursday, May 16, to Terry Benedict, the Ohio Tech Prep Southwestern Region Administrator (email@example.com).
Free Coffee (Talk) Fridays continue in summer
Free Coffee Friday conversations for Summer Semester begin this week.
For each Free Coffee Friday, a College administrator is on hand from 7:30 to 9 a.m. in the area adjacent to Bakery Hill, on the second floor of the ATLC.
Students as well as College employees are invited to join the administrators for informal information-sharing, questions, and/or feedback about College activities and operations.
A free small coffee or hot tea will be provided for each participant.
Conversation leaders for Summer are:
- May 17 - Soni Hill, Senior Director of Student Success & Development
- May 24 - Virginia Klein, Accounts Payable Manager, Finance Dept.
- May 31 - Ron Jackson, Assistant Director, Financial Aid
- June 7 - Mimi Sylva, Regional Director for Butler County & Middletown Campus Director
- June 14 - Doug Bowling, Dean, Center for Innovative Technologies
- June 21 - Frankie Baker, Chief Information Officer, Information Technology Services
- June 28 - Debbie Greenlee, Director, Tutoring Center
- July 5 - Angela Haensel, Associate Dean, Humanities & Sciences
- July 12 - Tony Cowden, Report and Grant Accountant, Finance Dept.
- July 19 - Cindy Sefton, Director of the Library
- July 26 - Dr. Janelle McCord, Dean, Health & Public Safety
- Aug. 2 - Dr. Lawra Baumann, VP of Administration & Director of Human Resources
- Aug. 9 - Bessie Pitts, Associate Dean, Health & Public Safety
- Aug. 16 - Kelly Harper, Director of the Career Center
End-of-year purchasing deadlines announced
The College Finance Department reminds College employees of purchasing deadlines related to the end of the fiscal year (on June 30, 2019).
Purchase requisitions must be submitted no later than May 27, 2019
- All items requested must be received (or services completed) by June 30, 2019.
- If you are aware of purchases that cannot be submitted within these deadline, send a message to Chief Financial Officer Chris Calvert, and copy the appropriate Dean or Vice President.
P-Card transactions must be completed by May 27, 2019.
- No purchases may be made after May 27.
- if you have recurring expenses or travel planned after May 27 that requires use of your P-Card, contact Ruth Miller in the Purchasing Department.
Mileage and travel expense reports: [revised]
- Milage and travel expense reports for expenses occuring before May 1, 2018, must be completed by June 1, 2019.
- Milage and travel expense reports for expenses occuring in May and June 2019 must be completed by July 8, 2019.
- Mileage and travel expense incurred prior to June 30, 2019, will not be reimbursed if submitted after July 8, 2019.
E-forms for independent contractors must be completed by July 8, 2019.
- All e-forms submitted after July 8 will be allocated to the department’s Fiscal Year 2020 budget.
Other purchasing transactions:
- Ongoing contractual and business obligations, including leases, software licenses, utilities, maintenance agreements and auxiliary services, will continue to be processed for payment.
- Ongoing federal/state grant operations will continue to be processed for payment.
- Purchase Orders for Fiscal Year 2020 may be submitted beginning June 3, 2019.
If you have questions about the purchasing policies or deadlines, contact Virginia Klein, Accounts Payable Manager (or chat with her during Free Coffee Friday on May 24!).
Thank you for assisting with timely accounting and reporting of year-end financial matters and optimal management of College resources.
Career Center can help recruit Work-Study students
If your College office plans to hire students who qualify for Federal Work-Study funding, please send a job description to the College's Career Center.
The Career Center can assist in promoting these job opportunities, and also can help students with the job application process.
Send your job notice (or questions, if you have them) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nursing students assisted at Wellness Symposium
Members of the Cincinnati State Nursing Student Organization (NSO) participated in a Wellness and Advocacy Symposium hosted by The Recovery Center of Hamilton County on May 8.
Participants included (above, from left): Faculty member Dorothy Varchol, Cristy Garland, Tricia Clark, Yusianawati Santoso, Caitlin Lindemann, Lisa Melcher, Lacie Durkin, Uzoamaka Itodo, Shannon Hines, and faculty member Lindsey Stewart. (See additional photos below.)
During the Symposium, Nursing students helped attendees learn about ways to manage stress using tools and techniques such as stress balls, aromatherapy, comfort boxes, and hand massages.
The Nursing students used handouts, demonstrations, and individual conversations to assist the participants.
Nursing instructor Lindsey Stewart said, "Our students had a great time connecting with people who are consumers of mental health services, as well as showing off Cincinnati State and the Nursing program to the community."
Along with Lindsey, Nursing faculty members Dorothy Varchol and Angela Thompson provided guidance for the students attending the Symposium.
- By the way, it's U.S. Census Day!
- Career Center offers Employment Webinar on Apr. 2
- Spotlight on Service: Russ Campbell
- ... And received thank yous for the donations
- CState donated more than $8,000 of protective medical gear for health care workers fighting COVID-19
- ... And CState received donations, too
- Send your "Spotlight on Service" stories to Daily News
- Faculty Remote Delivery Support schedule is posted in Blackboard
- Cinti Metro suspends fares and changes schedules
- Counseling Services expands connections to students
- - All Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Fri. 4/3 - All Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Mon. 4/6 - All Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Tue. 4/7 - All Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Wed. 4/8 - All Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Thu. 4/9 - All Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Fri. 4/10 - All Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Mon. 4/13 - All Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Tue. 4/14 - All Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Wed. 4/15 - All Meetings/Events postponed or canceled