CState ArtsWave campaign is Apr. 8-26
ArtsWave is the Greater Cincinnati region's local arts agency and the nation's first and largest community campaign for the arts.
With the help of donors, ArtsWave provides funding, workshops, and other resources to more than 125 arts and community organizations that make our region interesting, innovative, and lively.
Dr. Monica Posey serves as an ArtsWave Trustee.
Cincinnati State's ArtsWave campaign begins today, Apr. 8, and continues until Friday, Apr. 26.
Your contribution to ArtsWave helps create a ripple effect of community benefits, so please consider renewing a past gift or making a new gift to ArtsWave this year.
- Look for your ArtsWave pledge card in your division/department office, and find out more about pledge levels in the letter from Dr. Posey sent to your College email on Friday, Apr. 5
- You can make a pledge by check, or through payroll deduction (fill out the payroll deduction section of the pledge form)
- Return pledge cards to the Development Office (ATLC 337) on Clifton Campus
If you prefer, you can contribute your ArtsWave gift online at Cincinnati State's ArtsWave portal: https://give.artswave.org/cstate
Everyone who contributes to ArtsWave at any level will be entered into a raffle to win tickets to local arts organizations including the Cincinnati Symphony and the May Festival.
For more information, visit the ArtsWave table that will be located near the Overlook Cafe from noon to 1:30 p.m. on these days:
- Monday, Apr. 8
- Tuesday, Apr. 16
- Wednesday, Apr. 24
You can learn more about ArtsWave from organization rep Randy Martinez, make your pledge, and be entered in a raffle. A raffle drawing will take place at 1:30 p.m.
Retirement Party for Linda Schaffeld & Paul Davis on Apr. 26
All members of the College community are invited to a retirement celebration for Dr. Paul Davis and Dean Linda Schaffeld on Friday, Apr. 26, from 2 to 5 p.m. in the Summit Restaurant (ATLC 2nd floor).
Paul is a Professor of History in the Humanities & Sciences Division. Linda is Dean of the Business Division, and previously was a Professor of Accounting Technology. (Both are pictured above at earlier points in their higher education careers.)
Linda and Paul each have served more than 30 years at the College, and both plan to retire at the end of Spring semester.
Condolences to the family of Janet Mitchell
Janet Cooper (Mitchell), Executive Assistant to President Posey, passed away on April 5, 2019.
- Visitation is Tuesday, Apr. 9, from 4 to 8 p.m. at Peoples Funeral Home, 8340 Hwy 27 North, Butler, KY 41006.
- Services will take place at Peoples Funeral Home on Wednesday, Apr. 10, at 11 a.m.
Messages of condolence may be posted at https://peoplesfuneralhomes.com/book-of-memories/3791138/Cooper-Janet/service-details.php [Link that was not working has been fixed]
Psychology Club speaker on Apr. 11 describes "Stress-Less Action Plan"
The Cincinnati State Psychology Club is hosting a presentation on The Stress-Less Action Plan on Thursday, Apr. 11, from 11:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. in the ATLC Auditorium (ATLC 211).
The presentation is open to the College community.
The speaker, Jennifer Szeghi, is a specialist in assisting stressed parents and families. Her skills include parent coaching, family divorce mediation, and trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy. She is also an adjunct instructor in Psychology at Cincinnati State.
The presentation will examine triggers for stress, coping strategies, and how to be resilient in harsh circumstances.
Common Time videos posted for Mar. 25 & Apr. 1
Video recordings of two recent Common Time sessions are now available on the College intranet.
- Mar. 25 - Student Life/Student Activities Updates & Preparations for the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) Visit - posted at https://cincinnatistate.adobeconnect.com/pc88wk5i3n1i
- Apr. 1 - The Cincinnati State Student Experience - posted at https://cincinnatistate.adobeconnect.com/pboxafyob5qf
- The Apr. 1 Common Time included giveaways of a variety of Cincinnati-State branded supplies and "goodies" - If you missed out, look for the green goodie bag in the Human Resources Office on Clifton Campus. Green goodie bags also were sent to the Middletown, Harrison, and Evendale campuses.
The most recent video recordings and many past Common Time sessions are on the College intranet:
- How the College Works > Academics > Common Time Recordings
The schedule of additional Common Time topics for Spring Semester 2019 also is posted on the intranet:
- How the College Works > Academics > Common Time Schedule
Each video recording includes several "bookmarks" that you'll see on the left side of the screen while watching the video. The bookmarks allow you to jump to a specific section of the recording by clicking a link.
- CState adjunct instructor is Kentucky "Elected official of the year"
- Condolences to Elliott Ruther
- Brewing Science shares opportunities with a new poster
- Drive-By Health Fair for students on Sep. 23 & 24
- Kate's Catering at the Overlook is back (with Mac 'n Cheese, too)
- Joint Community Campaign pledge drive begins today
- Board of Trustees Meeting on Sep. 22
- Online Learning Support for Sep. 21-25
- ODS is open for accommodated testing starting Sep. 21
- Environmental students went fishing for water quality knowledge
- Thu. 9/24 - Drive-by Student Health Fair
- Fri. 9/25 - Virtual College Info Session
- Tue. 9/29 - Virtual College Info Session
- Wed. 9/30 - Virtual College Info Session
- Mon. 10/5 - Virtual College Info Session - Culinary & Food Science Bachelor's Degree
- Wed. 10/7 - Virtual College Info Session - Land Surveying Bachelor's Degree
- Mon. 11/2 - Virtual College Info Session - Culinary & Food Science Bachelor's Degree
- Wed. 11/4 - Virtual College Info Session - Land Surveying Bachelor's Degree
- Tue. 11/10 - CCP Virtual Orientation
- Tue. 12/8 - CCP Virtual Orientation