Budget Review Presentations begin Feb. 7
The Budget Advisory Team (BAT) will begin this year's Budget Review Presentations by College divisions and departments on Thursday, Feb. 7, from 3 to 4:30 p.m.
Presentations by managers of various departments and deans of academic divisions will continue twice a week throughout February and early March, on Wednesdays from 4 to 5 p.m. and on Thursdays from 3 to 4:30 p.m. (see schedule below).
All Budget Review Presentations take place in the Culinary Demonstration Theater, ATLC 043. An entrance is available on the first floor of the ATLC, near the Bookstore.
Information from the Budget Review Presentations is used to develop plans and recommendations for Fiscal Year 2020, which begins July 1, 2019.
All presentations are open to all College employees to attend as your time permits. However, because presentation time is limited, only members of the BAT and members of the College's Executive Team can ask questions during each presentation.
If you need more information about the Budget Review Presentations, contact the Budget Advisory Team Co-Chairs, Stani Kantcheva (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Chris Calvert (email@example.com).
BAT Structure and Mission
The Budget Advisory Team includes College administrators and faculty members. The faculty representatives are appointed by the Faculty Senate.
Current BAT members are:
- Stani Kantcheva (Co-Chair)
- Chris Calvert (Co-Chair)
- Frankie Baker
- Russ Campbell
- Lawra Baumann
- Soni Hill
- Penny Parsons
- Linda Schaffeld
- Joanne Steelman
- Tracey Stivers
- Mark Tiemeier
- Kim Vasko
Support for BAT is provided by:
- Michele Geers
- Rami Masri
- Bill Quattrone
The general purpose and membership of the BAT are defined in Article 6 of the Cincinnati State AAUP contract. However, the BAT members also have developed a "mission statement" to guide their work, as follows;
The Budget Advisory Team (BAT) acts in an advisory role to provide on-going input into the College’s budget-building process, which exists to ensure the availability of resources necessary for the achievement of the College’s mission, student success, and positioning to support future challenges.
The BAT recognizes that responsibility for the annual budget is a governance responsibility of the Board of Trustees.
BAT 2019 Presentation Schedule
The preliminary schedule for all budget review presentations is below. This schedule is subject to change, and updates will be published in Daily News when possible.
[schedule below was updated Feb. 12, 2019]
- Feb. 7 - 3-3:30 p.m. - Middletown Campus
- Feb. 7 - 3:30-4 p.m. - Finance
- Feb. 7 - 4-4:30 p.m. - Human Resources
- Feb. 13 - 4-4:30 p.m. - Harrison Airport
- Feb. 13 - 4:30-5 p.m. - Facilities
- Feb. 14 - 3- 3:30 p.m. - Library
- Feb. 14 - 3:30-4 p.m. - Marketing
- Feb. 20 - 4-4:30 p.m. - Workforce Development
- Feb. 20 - 4:30-5 p.m. - Registrar
- Feb. 21 - 3-3:30 p.m. - Childcare (Mallory Center)
- Feb. 21 - 3:30-4 p.m. - Financial Aid
- Feb. 27 - 4-4:30 p.m. - Public Safety
- Feb. 27 - 4:30 - 5 p.m. - Advancement
- Feb. 28 - 3-3:30 p.m. - Midwest Culinary Institute
- Feb. 28 - 3:30-4 p.m. - Student Services
- Feb. 28 - 4-4:30 p.m. - Student Activities
- Mar. 6 - 4-4:30 p.m - Information Technology Services
- Mar. 6 - 4:30-5 p.m. - Admission/Career Center
- Mar. 7 - 3-4 p.m. - Center for Innovative Technologies
- Mar. 7 - 4-5 p.m. - Business Technologies
- Mar. 13 - 4-5 p.m. - Humanities & Sciences
- Mar. 13 - 5-5:30 p.m. - Academic Affairs
- Mar. 14 - 3-4 p.m. - Health & Public Safety
- Mar. 14 - 4-4:30 p.m. - Institutional Research
Historical Society lunch on Feb. 6 examines History of Smoking
Professor Mike Chaney will discuss the History of Smoking at the Historical Society Brown Bag Lunch on Wednesday, Feb. 6.
The program takes place from noon to 12:50 p.m., in Conference Center Room 342 on Clifton Campus.
All members of the College community (students and employees) are welcome to bring your lunch (but no smoking materials) and enjoy this learning experience.
The Brown Bag Lunch series is sponsored by the Cincinnati State Historical Society and Cincinnati State’s History Department.
For more information, contact club advisor Daniel Anderson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Free produce for students at Feb. 7 Farmer's Market
The Surge Cupboard Food Pantry is hosting a Farmer's Market for students on Thursday, Feb. 7, in "The Spot" on the ATLC first floor, outside the Clifton Campus Bookstore.
Free fresh fruits and vegetables will be available to currently-registered Cincinnati State students (with Surge Card ID) from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., or until all the food is gone.
Bags for transporting the food are provided.
The Farmer's Market is part of a partnership between Cincinnati State's Food Pantry and the Freestore Foodbank, which delivers the fresh food each month at no cost to the College.
Get your Valentine flowers from the Horticulture Club
Cincinnati State's Horticulture Club will be selling boxed roses on Clifton Campus on Thursday, Feb. 14, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The roses are $5 each. A variety of house plants also will be on sale (prices vary).
The club is currently accepting pre-orders for Valentine's Day fresh flower bouquets.
Two option are available by pre-order only:
- A dozen roses in a vase with greens - $50
- Mixed flower bouquet in a vase - $40
Send your pre-order information to Greenhouse Manager Kelly Wanstrath (email@example.com) by Monday, Feb. 11.
Pre-ordered bouquets, as well as the boxed roses and plants, will be available for pick up on Valentine's Day (Feb. 14) at the Horticulture Club table on the first floor of the Main Building, near the Distribution Center (otherwise known as the Mail Room).
Proceeds from flower and plant sales support Landscape Horticulture student participation in the National Collegiate Landscape Competition and other professional activities.
- Culinary Students: Clean out your locker
- Learn more about Career Coach at Sep. 19 training
- I-75 & I-74 Construction Update (Aug. 19-22)
- Rep. Davidson visited Middletown Campus
- Revised Operations Manual posted
- Fall Common Time schedule announced
- Student Activities calendar for Fall is available
- Watch out for trucks on Clifton Campus Aug. 16 & 19
- I-75 & I-74 Construction Update (Aug. 16)
- Preview CState's 50th Anniversary celebration at "State-of-the-College" lunch on Aug. 30
- - College Info Session
- - Retirement Party for Chef Jeff Sheldon
- Tue. 8/20 - College Info Evening Session
- Thu. 8/22 - CTL Symposium
- Mon. 8/26 - Fall Semester 2019 begins
- Tue. 8/27 - College Info Session
- Tue. 8/27 - Retirement Party for Chief Mike Wylie
- Tue. 8/27 - College Info Evening Session
- Fri. 8/30 - Employee Luncheon - State of the College Address & 50th Anniversary Preview
- Mon. 9/2 - College closed - Labor Day